U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2007, 07:35 PM

573 posts, read 2,214,232 times

Advertisements

SKB - I don't think it has anything to do with people not caring or being concerned. I think it's a truly horrific what happend to that mother and I find it hard to stomach things like that, which is why I choose not to participate in discussions like that.

No one is holding a grudge against the original poster because of the lizard thing. This thread is actually full of cute lizard pictures, something I enjoy. There's actually a whole thread devoted to the Florida Anole, it's just something us long-time floridians like to talk about, our cute reptilian friends.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 07:50 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,015,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
How many more people are going to arrive late to this party and make their angry comments to this person already???
I think she has fully explained herself quite clearly. If any of you have ever experienced a phobia then you would know that it can cause a person to react in an exaggerated fashion.

This thread has gotten more attention than the two that were made about the Mother that was gang raped in her home and forced to perform oral sex on her own child!!!
People seemed more concerned about a lizard than about a human life.
That's ridiculous. We weren't talking about a gang raped mother in this thread, the op said she sprayed raid on lizards. Which is disgusting. I seriously doubt she has a true phobia by psychiatrist standards. Way to be dramatic, though.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:55 PM

5,702 posts, read 22,227,277 times
Back to the thread: Excellent info on the introduction of iguanas to Florida.

http://www.herpbreeder.com/pdf/pdfs/...Iguana.pdf.pdf

Old 07-12-2007, 07:56 PM

5,298 posts, read 5,764,238 times
Awwwwwwwwwww..I love the lizards and can't wait to move to Florida and have them around.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:32 PM

1,134 posts, read 3,621,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
Back to the thread: Excellent info on the introduction of iguanas to Florida.

http://www.herpbreeder.com/pdf/pdfs/...Iguana.pdf.pdf

Wow !!! Great Article !!
Pts commin' yer way ~ that was a two-cupper !! (coffee )

Im counting the minutes 'til I can see an Iguana or Croc in the
wild ! It'll make my year !!

Old 07-12-2007, 08:39 PM

5,702 posts, read 22,227,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoZmiC NinJa View Post
Wow !!! Great Article !!
Pts commin' yer way ~ that was a two-cupper !! (coffee )

Im counting the minutes 'til I can see an Iguana or Croc in the
wild ! It'll make my year !!

Thank you.

See the following for Fl gator info: The Gator Hole (http://home.cfl.rr.com/gatorhole/ - broken link)

Old 07-12-2007, 08:41 PM
tao

720 posts, read 2,962,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
How many more people are going to arrive late to this party and make their angry comments to this person already???
I think she has fully explained herself quite clearly. If any of you have ever experienced a phobia then you would know that it can cause a person to react in an exaggerated fashion.
(
Would you be so understanding if it was a phobia of dogs or cats and she said she sprayed Raid on them?

In my opinion there is no justification for hurting and/or killing innocent and harmless creatures. It makes me sick that people can do such things. If you're that afraid don't live in Florida.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:43 PM

1,738 posts, read 7,495,099 times
my grandfather sprays them too ...kinda gross ...you better not post a complaint about mosquitos ...we will blame it on your "lizard raids". We've told him not too, but he's a crazy old man.

They are harmless ...I usually save them from my cat, he's mean to them.

At our new house we have those slick blue and green newt things. I LOVE THEM! ...think it's because of the water being close to us. They are gorgeous. I also have a snake at the new house ...we named her fredrica because we have a Fred at the old house.

I also had a frog jump on my head when I opened the front door a few days ago and found it so funny.

I figure a lizard is better then a gator on your patio ANYDAY!

Last edited by kelly3120; 07-12-2007 at 08:55 PM..

Old 07-12-2007, 10:13 PM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,158,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tao View Post
Would you be so understanding if it was a phobia of dogs or cats and she said she sprayed Raid on them?

In my opinion there is no justification for hurting and/or killing innocent and harmless creatures. It makes me sick that people can do such things. If you're that afraid don't live in Florida.
I don't like the idea of harming any of God's creatures, it is just that she honestly posted what she had did (and it was not done in a Malicious way). It was done out of fear,She then was told how horrible she was, and told to leave the State. Others posted how cute they are etc...then it was back to people condemning her all over again for what she did.
I say she was already told it was bad, she doesn't need to have it repeated over and over again.

The reason for the reference to the rape was that was a truly horrible, horrific act of violence and madness and not to many people had to much to say about it.
So granted people don't want to talk or be involved about the true horrors of this world. Just like no one bothered to phone the police. That bothered me tremendously and since I am moving to WPB that disturbed me greatly.
Poor area or not people should have some kindness and compassion in their hearts and stop being so concerned for only their own safety.

Old 07-14-2007, 03:52 PM

13 posts, read 51,695 times
I always thought it was good luck to have a gecko in your house! Besides, they eat some of the ants and bugs-I'd rather have a lizard any day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or