U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 09:19 AM

564 posts, read 1,733,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
An Inconvenient Truth, Al Gore is getting richer by the day!
That IS a truth that's very inconvenient!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2007, 02:44 PM

232 posts, read 691,000 times
Default All hat and no cattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
An Inconvenient Truth, Al Gore is getting richer by the day!
From what I've heard, Mr. Gore lives a pretty lavish lifestyle. I wonder how big his "carbon footprint" is considering the amount of time he spends flying around on private jets? If Gore actually believed the line of BS he's selling, he would have modified his personal life. That doesn't appear to be the case. Why is it that liberal demagogues never take their own advice? Al Gore is using fossil fuels like they're going out of style. Michael Moore makes a movie about health care, but continues to indulge in an amazingly unhealthy lifestyle. The man never met a twinkie he didn't like. Where is the element of personal responsibility? Personally, I wouldn't care how they lived their lives if they would just stay out of my life.

Old 07-15-2007, 03:15 PM

8,204 posts, read 32,236,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestak View Post
If Gore actually believed the line of BS he's selling, he would have modified his personal life.
He has.

The point of the movie is to educate all of us so that we can all do our part, whatever that may be. Don't worry about what Al Gore is doing and ask what you yourself can do.

Old 07-15-2007, 03:18 PM

8,376 posts, read 27,800,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
He has.

The point of the movie is to educate all of us so that we can all do our part, whatever that may be. Don't worry about what Al Gore is doing and ask what you yourself can do.
Just because he is a "hypocrite" doesn't mean he cant make good points. All of the politicians are plutocrats, but at least you can do things on your own instead of totally discredit everything on the film and waste away.

Old 07-15-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
Just because he is a "hypocrite" doesn't mean he cant make good points.
I don't think he's a hypocrite. I think he's making all the changes that he possibly can, which is more than most people. We can't expect him to live in a tent and eat grass .

Old 07-15-2007, 03:34 PM

Quote:
He has.

Okay, I'll bite... what has AlGore been doing to modify his lifestyle? Does he still fly around on private jets? Does he still use the figleaf of buying renewable energy credits, the modern day equivalent of "Indulgences"? I get a bit suspicious when people say: Don't worry, trust me, etc., etc. Maybe I'm just cynical.

As far as personal action goes, I am very interested in alternative energy technologies, conservation, and off the grid options. I just prefer information sources that have less propaganda mixed in.

Old 07-15-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
We can't expect him to live in a tent and eat grass .
No one is suggesting that. Although... judging by his waistline, he could benefit from incorporating a few green leafies into his diet.

Old 07-15-2007, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestak View Post
Okay, I'll bite... what has AlGore been doing to modify his lifestyle? Does he still fly around on private jets? Does he still use the figleaf of buying renewable energy credits, the modern day equivalent of "Indulgences"? I get a bit suspicious when people say: Don't worry, trust me, etc., etc. Maybe I'm just cynical.

As far as personal action goes, I am very interested in alternative energy technologies, conservation, and off the grid options. I just prefer information sources that have less propaganda mixed in.
Solar for one, but I'll leave you to your own research - you know how to use the internet, you don't need me to do that for you .

Old 07-15-2007, 03:55 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,408,082 times
Quote:
Solar for one, but I'll leave you to your own research - you know how to use the internet, you don't need me to do that for you .
What did he do when he wa V.P.? He had 8 years to make some kind of difference.

Old 07-15-2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Fair enough. How about a suggestion, though. If you're still looking for a role model in the "Green" movement, how about someone like Ed Begley Jr. I may not agree with all of his politics, but at least he walks the walk. From what I've seen, Begley is a lot more willing to roll up his sleeves and get his hands dirty than Gore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or