U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-12-2007, 03:59 PM
 
Location: Living in Paradise
5,702 posts, read 22,219,062 times
Reputation: 2986

Advertisements

Here is a chance for everyone to salute our Florida U.S. military members, serving whether abroad or at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-12-2007, 07:19 PM
SKB
 
Location: WPB
901 posts, read 3,156,690 times
Reputation: 321
Well, although not from Florida or a resident YET, I will honor my husband (Tech Sergeant) for leading his unit safely in Iraq for six months last year while he was deployed. My husband serves as a reservist in the Air Force and is officially retiring after serving our country for 20 years.
He was full time active duty for 13 years before he left his military career to pursue a career in law enforcement for the Department of Homeland Security and Customs. He at a later date re joined the reserves and put in an additional 7 years, his retirement date is set for Sept 01.
Over the years my husband served two tours in Korea and lived in Germany and England.
He also was deployed to respond to Hurricane Katrina where he spent two months helping feed and protect hungry people.



My husband is my hero and I have tremendous respect for all men and woman that serve as Security Police in the US Air Force.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2007, 08:02 PM
 
Location: Living in Paradise
5,702 posts, read 22,219,062 times
Reputation: 2986
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
Well, although not from Florida or a resident YET, I will honor my husband (Tech Sergeant) for leading his unit safely in Iraq for six months last year while he was deployed. My husband serves as a reservist in the Air Force and is officially retiring after serving our country for 20 years.
He was full time active duty for 13 years before he left his military career to pursue a career in law enforcement for the Department of Homeland Security and Customs. He at a later date re joined the reserves and put in an additional 7 years, his retirement date is set for Sept 01.
Over the years my husband served two tours in Korea and lived in Germany and England.
He also was deployed to respond to Hurricane Katrina where he spent two months helping feed and protect hungry people.



My husband is my hero and I have tremendous respect for all men and woman that serve as Security Police in the US Air Force.
Congrats!!!!!! Go USAF.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2007, 06:26 AM
 
Location: Orlando
8,181 posts, read 16,502,891 times
Reputation: 49774
Default My Son My Hero

Hero #1 My son is a Sgt is the Army.
He is currently a lead Medic in a convoy somewhere south of Bagdad.

Hero #2 My cousin Boe is a Sargent Major also in the Army and should be arriving in Bagdad sometime today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2007, 11:06 AM
SKB
 
Location: WPB
901 posts, read 3,156,690 times
Reputation: 321
Default Sending prayers out for your family

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo62 View Post
Hero #1 My son is a Sgt is the Army.
He is currently a lead Medic in a convoy somewhere south of Bagdad.

Hero #2 My cousin Boe is a Sargent Major also in the Army and should be arriving in Bagdad sometime today.
Sending out a prayer for your son's safety and the safety of your cousin.
May their tours be quick so they will come home soon!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2007, 02:46 PM
 
Location: Living in Paradise
5,702 posts, read 22,219,062 times
Reputation: 2986
Lightbulb “A Soldier's Prayer”

One hot desert morning at dawn's early light
While trudging through the sand
I found a piece of paper
Clutched in a young man's hand

And upon that paper the words he wrote
Were not filled with despair
Just thoughts from the heart of a brave young lad
He called it, “A Soldier's Prayer”

I took the paper from his hand and read it aloud...

Will there be a place in heaven
For a person such as me
Who, through youth and the love for life
Isn't all you'd have me be?

I've been a man but a short time now
And I'll ask you this, if I might
Isn't fighting for freedom's cause
A fight that's always right?

The men I've killed, some things I've done
Are not things I've wanted to do
But a job I believe had to be done
By we who believe in you

I had those thoughts upon my mind
When I heard that deadly sound
Then, all around me, one by one
My friends fell to the ground

Somehow I knew before it hit
Fear ran up my spine
I felt the blast tearing my side
I knew this one was mine

There'll be much grief for loved ones at home
when they learn that I am dead
Please ease their pain and let them know
These things that I have said

Time's run out, I can feel death's sting
Oh, God, please hear my plea
Let there be a place in heaven
For a person such as me

Lord, this is the chaplain, I'm here with this lad
Our country's given the finest it had
We who are older and have studied your word
Know this boy's prayer is more than just heard

It is answered with your love
And the promise that there'll be
A special place in heaven
For a person such as he.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2007, 05:36 PM
 
Location: Living in Paradise
5,702 posts, read 22,219,062 times
Reputation: 2986
Thumbs up Operation Open Arms

Great program: When you're driving, you always see those bumper stickers that say "We Support Our Troops," and now one local organization is giving those words new meaning. Operation Open Arms gives soldiers vacations here in Southwest Florida, free of charge. The people who make it happen are now getting national attention for it. Captain John 'Giddy Up' Bunch is a vietnam vet who started the operation, here's why he did it. "A couple of war protestors spit on my Marine Corps uniform and a rumble ensued and i swore from that day, if I ever have a chance to treat U.S. Troops better than i was treated, i would take advantage." The soldiers get picked up by a limo, they're taken to a hotel, they eat at a good restaurant, go fishing, play golf, and pretty much enjoy all that Southwest Florida has to offer, all for free. Hog Fish Waterfront Grill is one of places troops can go eat for free, but the owner went a step further. She made it a drop off point, so you can drop off care packages, gift certificates, whatever troops need, and they'll make sure the troops get it. Hog Fish is at 3135 Stringfellow Road in St. James City. If you know a soldier who may be interested in taking one of these free vacations, just go to Operation Open Arms Florida Military Members Support and sign up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2007, 05:41 PM
 
143 posts, read 822,819 times
Reputation: 46
not any serviceman but all for me respect and salute to any serviceman out there from all my family

x military as well , british army then onto the royal marine commando's serving with the 82nd airbourne and US marines around the world in many areas of it,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2007, 07:24 PM
 
Location: Living in Paradise
5,702 posts, read 22,219,062 times
Reputation: 2986
Quote:
Originally Posted by manchester View Post
not any serviceman but all for me respect and salute to any serviceman out there from all my family

x military as well , british army then onto the royal marine commando's serving with the 82nd airbourne and US marines around the world in many areas of it,
Part of the team
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2007, 07:29 PM
 
143 posts, read 822,819 times
Reputation: 46
proud to be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top