Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 12:55 PM

11 posts, read 54,350 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are interested in relocating to either of Beaches listed above. I have spent many vacations in both areas (as well as Daytona) and I love this part of Florida.

We are most likely going to rent for our first year or so. I'd like some opinions on good areas vs. bad, approximate rent amounts, websites you know of to assist in relocating, etc.

I thank all readers in advance for their help, and all info provided WILL be put to good use.

Regards...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 08:00 PM

574 posts, read 2,044,705 times
I don't have websites to offer to you, but I live in Port Orange and the two areas you mentioned, in addition to Port Orange, are nice areas as far as the Daytona area is concerned. Do you want to be on the beachside? Rent will be more expensive there than on the mainland side as will insurance because of the possibility (not that common) of hurricanes and storms. Even if you are on the mainland side though, you will be only 10 to 20 minutes from the beach. Rent in decent areas seems to average about $700 to $1000 per month here depending upon how many bedrooms, etc. Ormond may average just a little higher and New Smyrna a little lower, but still close to that. If you know of any specific subdivisions, apartment complexes or areas (roads and intersections) you can ask about I will be glad to provide whatever info I have, or can get for you.

Nancy

Old 08-04-2008, 12:02 AM

Port Orange has popped up in many of my searches on this site, so I'm also including it in our search.

Beachside isn't important to us at this point, as we're just starting to look at our possibilities and we're not financially stable enough just yet. (we've only been married about three months ) We'd obviously be interested if we were to luck into something, but we know not to hold our breath.

I'm totally comfortable just "being there" if you know what I mean. Several good looking communities seem to be in the area, and we'll be on vacation in Ormond in Sept. during which I plan to do some scouting, and hopefully set up a few job interviews as well.

Over the past ten years or so, I've spent lots more time in New Smyrna, but we kinda fell in love with Ormond at the same time! I'm keeping options open, and I'll see if I can find specific communities.

Thank you, Nancy, for your response!

Old 08-04-2008, 06:16 PM

574 posts, read 2,044,705 times
That would be the best way to get some firsthand information, a visit. Ormond is a nice area so I can see why you like it. While you are here you might look around in some subdivisions in these communities as well.

Good luck and I hope you end up choosing our wonderful community!

Nancy

Old 08-05-2008, 07:23 AM

63 posts, read 255,513 times
Default Relocatin to DB

I have had good luck going to rent.com and apts.com to find info on apts and then I go to aptratings.com to see how the complex is rated.You have to take some of the responses lightly but you can get a general idea. Also craigslist is awewome for just about everything! My husband & I are moving to DB for now, will propably sign a year lease on a rental & then decide if we prefer a different area. We just want to be close to all amenities & the race track. Not looking for much, just a simpler life where we won't freeze our butts off.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:59 PM

147 posts, read 568,506 times
just got back from golfing at halifax plantattion. It's beautiful in there. sure hated coming back to crummy Palm Coast after being there.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:23 PM

Excellent..keep those replies coming!!

I've been to apt ratings.com, as well as apt guide.com, and I'd say even with the opinions listed, the best options are pick the faves and schedule an appt. We were trying to avoid the all-around madness of Daytona Beach (other than for work or play) but we may have to cave in and look for apts there as well. In my searches of this site, I've found great info on where NOT to be, and that's almost better than knowing the good places!!

We're still in the early stages, but thank you for all you folks have contributed so far.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:37 PM

Anybody have any info on any of the following complexes?

1)Sunrise Pointe-Port Orange
2)Ocean Oaks-Port Orange
3)Sun Pointe-Daytona
4)The Club At Sugar Mill-Port Orange
5)Willow Pond-Ormond Beach
6)Bermuda Estates-Ormond Beach

Done some looking on rent.com and aptratings.com(had many tabs going on at the same time!!) and these seem to be the best of the lot without breaking the bank.

Thanks again for the help so far.

Last edited by the.camera.eye; 08-05-2008 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: I goofed

Old 08-11-2008, 10:05 AM

63 posts, read 255,513 times
Have you also checked out The Breakers in DB? Apt ratings dosen't give it a positive review but I have a friend who lived there and said it's not bad at all. Anyone else have an opinion on it?

Old 08-15-2008, 10:19 AM

I'll look it up for sure. We're making our list of places to look at up close when we get there (27 days!!!!) and I'll include The Breakers.

Thank you for the reply!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida