U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-10-2011, 10:20 AM

30 posts, read 26,070 times
Default Second thoughts

I have been wanting to move out of Fl for the longest. Ever since I moved down here when I was a kid. I never left due to personal reasons and now i am wanting to move out and every day i am sure i want this but i am not sure if moving is the right decision. I am in a relationship right now and he is ready to leave as well. I am want to leave for myself and some of it has to do with starting a new life with him. I am just unsure. I dont want to fall flat on my face. I been through a lot the past couple of yrs and this time i will be leaving with no support .

I have no kids and know i can come and visit anytime i want .

I want to know those who have moved out of state opinions. What is the pros and cons . I would like to hear your experiences

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 11:59 AM

57 posts, read 101,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcruz12 View Post
I have been wanting to move out of Fl for the longest. Ever since I moved down here when I was a kid. I never left due to personal reasons and now i am wanting to move out and every day i am sure i want this but i am not sure if moving is the right decision. I am in a relationship right now and he is ready to leave as well. I am want to leave for myself and some of it has to do with starting a new life with him. I am just unsure. I dont want to fall flat on my face. I been through a lot the past couple of yrs and this time i will be leaving with no support .

I have no kids and know i can come and visit anytime i want .

I want to know those who have moved out of state opinions. What is the pros and cons . I would like to hear your experiences

thanks
I know the feeling,I would love to leave Florida but can't due to personal reasons also.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:01 PM

11,502 posts, read 8,160,532 times
We moved to Florida when we just got married 24 year ago and moved back to Ohio within a couple of months as we caved into both families talking us into moving back.

Now 24 years later we regret ever moving back here. Our kids enjoyed the Grandparents which is a great positive but we have spent 24 years of our life not getting to do the things we enjoy that Florida has to offer that Ohio does not have.

Think long and hard about moving. What are the benefits of you moving? The positives, negatives, family, the future etc.

If I had to make the decision again I would have stayed in Florida and came back and forth to see our parents and the kids their Grandparents.

We are preparing and packing right now to move to Florida and cannot wait to cross over that Florida border and into sunshine and the chance to get to do some of the things we have been missing all these years.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:32 PM

Thank You

I have thought about what I would be losing however I feel that this life is not my life. My family is here but I know they are just a ticket away. I will miss being able to get in my car and visit family but I feel like its time to do something new with my life. We moved here when I was younger and never really felt confortable here but I had no choice but to deal with it . Now older and out on my own, I feel as though its time to make a change.
I am going through a huge transitional period where I believe everyone has been through and starting to realize the reason I stayed here after highschool is not a reason to stay at all. Lots of my friends i use to associate myself with are no longer around and living their lifes. I am just here, paying bills. I dont enjoy florida like most do.

Its always nice to hear other peoples stories about leaving and it being the greatest thing they did but I also been hearing horror stories.

Even though I wont be completely on my own when I move cause I am in a committed relationship. For me as independent as I am I am thinking of a mindset of doing this alone. Cause i know nothing is ever promised.

Thank you for your thoughts and Hope you enjoy the next phase of your life down here in Fl.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonya100 View Post
I know the feeling,I would love to leave Florida but can't due to personal reasons also.

I dont know if this helps. I was told long ago to not allow the personal reasons to block your dream. If you want to go and can financially. Try it,

I think that is exactly what I might do.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:38 PM

57 posts, read 101,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcruz12 View Post
I dont know if this helps. I was told long ago to not allow the personal reasons to block your dream. If you want to go and can financially. Try it,

I think that is exactly what I might do.
thanks,and good luck to you wherever you do move.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:13 AM

Thanks .. you too if you decide to move after all is taken care of

Old 01-13-2011, 12:36 PM

243 posts, read 139,851 times
Jcruz, you might find it helpful to set objectives for yourself before making a final decision to move. Otherwise you may go thru the hassle and expense of moving to another place and find that you don't like it there either. Why do you want to leave Florida? Are you just tired of the place and need a change of scene and pace? Are you looking for better career opportunities? What places have you been thinking about moving to? And how much research have you done into those locations?

I am also thinking about moving out of south Florida, but I haven't yet decided on where I want to go. I've lived here most of my life and I've grown weary of it too. The place is nothing like it used to be, and there's not much of a future here for a young person who is ambitious and educated. Some people who are all gung ho about moving here think that its all sunshine, rainbows, and beaches...until they come here and find out that what they're earning is barely enough to survive on with the outrageous cost of living.

Don't let anyone discourage you. Do your research, and when the time is right go ahead with your move. As long as you don't have kids or a house to keep you tied down here you're as free as a bird to go wherever you want.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:22 PM

4,069 posts, read 2,859,330 times
i say go for it. If I were younger, I would have tried other places, just to confirm that I was happy here. But, that time has passed. Don't let that happen to you. You can always come back......

Old 01-15-2011, 11:52 PM

JohnD_fla I have down some research in the place I am thinking about moving to . I just need to take the time to go out there and see if I like it . I have also talk to many people from there and they seem to love it . By the way its Denver... lol The main reason i want to leave is because i am tired of tampa. Tired of the people and the life. Its very slow. There is nothing to do . I find myself just doing the same old thing. I have graduated with my AA and I am in a relationship but no kids and i just feel the time to leave is now. I am afraid if I stay I will regret it .

Like Annie A I dont want to regret not making the move however i am hesitant because if i fail i dont have support out there . Its just me, Also its like i am in a way scared of having no one out there and its hard for me to make friends... I am social but very cautious who i get close to. I have had many friends down here but it seems that most of them wasnt as true as I thought.

I guess over all you can say i am wanting to more for a new life and a new start.

Thank you all for your advice. this really does help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida