Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2007, 04:29 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,161,036 times

Advertisements

What is your view? The battle over the personal-injury protection in Floridians' auto insurance continues to rage, even as Gov. Charlie Crist says he may call legislators back early to settle it.

Groups with a stake in the issue have mounted a massive public-relations fight.

On one side are medical experts, seeing the possibility that funds for important medical services could be decimated if personal-injury protection is allowed to fade into the sunset on Oct. 1. Insurers say the end of PIP can mean only lower costs for Florida policyholders.

Each side says the other is fighting dirty. The insurance groups are telling consumers they shouldn't want to hold onto a law the insurers say forces higher premiums. Medical groups say Floridians are willing to take a short-term hit to their wallets to protect them against potentially high medical expenses in the event of an auto accident.

And in the middle are grass-roots groups advocating both sides and clamoring to win the hearts and minds of consumers.

Medical groups and supporters are asking politicians and consumers whether they value their budgets over their health. They say the financial ramifications of losing PIP are sobering: Massive revenue losses for trauma-care providers, higher auto-insurance costs for consumers and a change in the business model for insurance agents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2007, 09:20 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
Default I've always had insurance coverage in Florida...

...and every person that has every hit me has NOT had insurance so I really don't know what difference this one's going to make. My insurance has always paid, my rates have always gone up in "NO FAULT" and even though nothing was my fault, it sure looked like I got faulted by default...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida