Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 07:53 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlameCarter View Post
Hate is too strong of a word, but Cubans have definitely turned Miami into a hellhole and have turned it into a magnet for many non-English speaking illegal immigrants from South & Central America. They run the media in Miami, dictate who gets jobs and who doesn't. They have turned Miami into fraud central, whether it be Medicare fraud, insurance fraud or mortgage fraud. Many of them are also quite openly racist and cannot handle any form of criticism and think they are holier than thou and better than any other immigrant group. They have achieved so much because of the privileges granted to them by the Cuban Adjustment Act (aka Wet Foot Dry Foot Policy) and many have the nerve to spit in the face of the generosity offered by the United States in granting them these special privileges.

The Cuban Adjustment Act needs to be repealed. No special favors anymore.

Well, you asked.

I just saw a report yesterday I believe... South FL numero uno in real estate fraud in the entire country. Number 1.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:20 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,750,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Unless, of course, They actually close the borders and send all illegals home...

I grew up in Florida and know the problems and we have similar problems here in Texas. Atleast yall don't share an actual border though..
A quick look at Texas it looks like at least 35% of your representatives are already Hispanic. These are not people who snuck over the border and illegals can't vote. This is also without any real organizing among Hispanics. Wait and see what happens in even the next election after they put money and a get out to vote campaign among Hispanics. Texas will be at half if not more Hispanic representatives. Immigrants are learning the power of their numbers and the power of the ballot. They will win by nothing more then their shear numbers. It is just a matter of time, there is no way to prevent it.

http://www.examiner.com/political-bu...ittee-launched

and they are popping up in every state.

Last edited by mango23; 01-16-2011 at 09:29 PM..

Old 01-16-2011, 11:35 PM

810 posts, read 1,578,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulFrank View Post
I think I am a fair and open minded person. My father immigrated to this country as a boy, so I am a first generation American. He worked hard and was the first person in town to go to college. He taught himself English. The family was proud to assimilate into this great country. My Dad spoke perfect English, and he did not speak with any foreign accent. He voted, kept up on current events, served proudly in the service, and was basically an asset to his community and country.

I think that if there is any animosity towards foreign born immigrants, it is the lack of desire to do as my Dad did.....

Frank
Sorry Frank but you are NOT an open minded person.

I find your comment about other immigrants not doing like your dad very close minded. Speaking perfect English has nothing to do with being an asset to the community. Some speak perfect English and are raping women or molesting children. Others might speak broken English but still might serve this country and die for this country. Was their sacrifice smaller because they spoke broken English or had accent unlike your dad? OH and Other immigrants with heavy accents and limited vocabulary do volunteer work, vote and help their neighbors. IF many "cubans" haven't learned perfect "accentless" English like your dad it's not because they are "bad" people or they don't want to assimilate on purpose. It's because they migrated in large numbers to the same place and were able to use their native language. They didn't NEED to learn perfect English because they opened their own stores and supported their own communities. I doubt your father was surrounded by a large community of his own people. About the college comment, Cubans have the highest college graduation rate among hispanics. I bet you didn't know that. Puerto Ricans have been in this country for a longer period of time and have the lowest graduation rate. Why? I don't know, they are US Citizens, have all the benefits not illegals like other hispanics or refugees like Cubans. Cubans hard working people even if some of us don' speak perfect English.

I wish you guys closed this thread. I'm sick and tired of this cuban bashing. I don't understand why this thread is allowed. If the title said " Why do you hate blacks" or "Why do you hate jews" would you have allowed it? I don't think you would have.

Last edited by Hialeah_Rules; 01-17-2011 at 12:12 AM..

Old 01-17-2011, 03:23 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
These are not people who snuck over the border and illegals can't vote.
DA gets 1,148 names to check in illegal-voting probe | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

http://www.scribd.com/doc/29238411/V...exas-Statewide

Illegal voting happens every election in Texas. It's especially bad in Houston.

Texas doesn't require voters to show Identification.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:21 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
closed for mod review
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida