U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2011, 07:15 PM

7 posts, read 13,142 times

Advertisements

any information on this area would be helpful Poinciana, FL
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 08:35 PM

1,258 posts, read 3,261,533 times
I would call it a suburban ghetto since it has a lot of crime,it's also really far away from everything and difficult to get to since there's really only one true way in and out.The better areas are the areas that are furthest away and least developed.We looked at some houses there in the furthest villages out and it basically took 40 minutes without traffic to get to Kissimmee,we asked a neighbor how the traffic was in the weekdays and he said it could take close to 2 hours to get to parts of Orlando.The houses are cheap and there's a reason for it.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:56 PM

3 posts, read 11,718 times
anyone whose truly looking for an amazing area to move into. Retiries and Families are desired, even owner occupied vacation homes or winter retreats. You must look into Village Seven of poinciana. Large Homes, HOA Maintained, Public Sports Park under construction, boat dock and porting on lake marion. And if you love golfing, lots it near. Plus the opening on legoland in 2011, thats on 15mins away.
And you have A dedicated Squad of PolK's finest providing residents with integrity first and zero tolerance on crime, keeping our rates under-controlled . This part of Poinciana has the one of the highest participation in the crime-watch organization started by PRFSC .ORG // Sheriff has dedicated units that will provide security to your home during work hours and report suspicious people and persons.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:48 PM

8,104 posts, read 7,589,411 times
Many years ago when I lived there, it was a nice area, now it seems that Poinciana, has greatly deteriated. I haven't been in the area in 12 years, but from every thing I've seen posted it's appears to have gone down hill. I lived on the outskirts of town where the streets had bird names (Jay Ct). LOL

I can't say for sure how much the area has gone downhill, but everyone I knew from Poinciana, has left the area.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:03 PM

3 posts, read 11,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Many years ago when I lived there, it was a nice area, now it seems that Poinciana, has greatly deteriated. I haven't been in the area in 12 years, but from every thing I've seen posted it's appears to have gone down hill. I lived on the outskirts of town where the streets had bird names (Jay Ct). LOL

I can't say for sure how much the area has gone downhill, but everyone I knew from Poinciana, has left the area.

This Villages 1, 2, 3 and 5 Stay away from these, find your best deal her......

Come out to Lake Marion Village, Village 7 of Poinciana. Here you will first notice its the only village with Signage Welcoming you the Community at the entrance, well landscaped. Most scenic view of one of many lakes , side walks, more lakes. The Brand-new Poinciana Community Park is set to ground break by October 11,. Around that same time we have legoland opening up just south of us. This will bring in good jobs and improved raods, additional support facilities.

This side will be then side to benefit and by design will have the most upscale feel with gates and gards, like other villages. Lot sizes are larger, people are friendlier.

Just ask Christopher Colvano or Nick Desfano, both active in the crime watch in their areas and will give you pointers.

Last edited by military vet; 01-25-2011 at 09:32 PM..

Old 01-26-2011, 04:22 PM

54 posts, read 120,691 times
I echo all that Military Vet just said.

I own a stunning house in Neighbourhood 5 Village 7 and the area is lovely. nice people, foreclosures REALLY slowing down, people taking care of their properties... a world away from some of the rougher parts of the earlier villages.....

I feel the prospects for V7 an 8 are good!

Old 04-04-2011, 09:05 PM

16 posts, read 85,626 times
Pauly, I would agree with you and military vet - Both of you were right on, I've made the best choice ever and figured I would do others the due-diligence of posting my personal success.

Village 7 has the best homes at the right price - its give and take. I personally have saved a lot of money over the next few years and am now a happy resident of the community. Thanks goes to both of you for sharing.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:44 AM

54 posts, read 120,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakemarionvillage View Post
Pauly, I would agree with you and military vet - Both of you were right on, I've made the best choice ever and figured I would do others the due-diligence of posting my personal success.

Village 7 has the best homes at the right price - its give and take. I personally have saved a lot of money over the next few years and am now a happy resident of the community. Thanks goes to both of you for sharing.

No problem..... I hope one day to spend a great part of my time over in one of my Village 7 properties so I'll be sure to look you up to say 'hi Neighbour!'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida