U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 06:04 PM

5,702 posts, read 22,268,422 times

Advertisements

The sheriff's department (Panama City) has developed a remarkably effective - and controversial - way of catching illegal immigrants: Deputies in patrol cars pull up to a construction site in force, and watch and see who runs.

Moderator cut: copyright

Last edited by Marka; 12-19-2007 at 03:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2007, 08:01 PM

713 posts, read 2,428,331 times
It's about time! Did it ever occur to anyone because there is a problem with lack of English skills causing problems on the job and safety issues in the construction of many buildings. And that's bull that no one will do the work. There are many unemployed U.S. citizens who have lost their jobs to illegals and would love them back. I am one of them as is a gardener I know and that's only between two people. It's massive across the U.S. Don't get me started.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:51 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,261,542 times
Yes!!! Great for them.......

It's about time.

A Sheriff in Texas did this and they made him out like he was the bad guy.

There are MANY people who can work, many who will work and many who need to be forced to work and off social freebies.

I am sure the construction industry would rebound, they have existed without the 25 mil law breakers and they can exist without them.

Ship them all out and we will see the US grow into the industrial ( and technical ) powerhouse we were and everyone who wanted a job would have one. Can you imagine even 10 million jobs.

I didnt get to hear it all but did I hear our great senate just ok'd illegals to get access to SS?

Old 07-17-2007, 09:21 PM

9,324 posts, read 23,814,761 times
Finally, someone working to enforce the law! How long will it be before some liberal lawyers sue the Sherriff's department and the illegals pour back in.
There should be no benefits for illegal aliens. If you want to come to the US, do it legally like our ancestors did.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Finally, someone working to enforce the law! How long will it be before some liberal lawyers sue the Sherriff's department and the illegals pour back in.
There should be no benefits for illegal aliens. If you want to come to the US, do it legally like our ancestors did.
Exactly....... What I think.

Next they will have the good ole ACLU fighting for their rights...

Old 07-17-2007, 10:51 PM

9,324 posts, read 23,814,761 times
I lost respct for the ACLU when they consistently refused to help my parents whose rights have been routinely trampled on by Team Metro. Evidently breaking immigration laws is less of a crime than being sick and letting the grass grow.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:03 PM

5 posts, read 44,415 times
Cool Illegals & Condo developement

First illegals are just that. They are here illegally and so are criminals. They should be sent back. Do you want that mess south of the border to become the landscape of our country? Our country has a building boom and here they
come to take jobs and water down wages. In Florida the wages have always been pathetically low. competition for jobs high in the normal economy here. When the economy slows down they will be the ones trying to get your job for a cheaper wage. Also they bring crime and more drugs and prostitution. If you are not already aware, they also have the effect of taking a great deal of the jobs that the blacks in Florida normally chose as a profession. I think this group may be historically the most damaged by the influx of illegals.
As far as condo developement goes, I do not want them as most Floridians also feel. To hike prices these developers must have them as near or on the beach if possible. You cant even see the beach anymore since this started. Do the developers care. No.... Daytona Beach is starting to look like domino town. PC is headed in the same direction. The "snowbirds" have just about ruined everything about Florida that we grew up with. We don't even have true communities due to condo developement. It will not stop as long as the state and local governments let them build on the beach and reap astronomical profits without ordinances about buliding high rise buildings farther away from the shoreline. How about a 500 foot no high rise zone?
Anyway the illegals should be deported and the condo builders should be put on a short leash. My 2 cents worth.

Old 10-24-2007, 11:38 PM

13,495 posts, read 34,079,685 times
Cheers to the Panama City law enforcement. It's wonderful that people are finally starting to do something before our country is totally taken over.

There are people in this country who are willing to work and it's all propoganda from employers who don't want to pay a living wage. If we should ever have a shortage of workers, they could consider issuing more green cards.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:50 AM

I wish more Sheriffs would do this, and if any employer is found to hire illegals they are also breaking the law and are aiding a known felon when hiring them.
They should be scared, we need to fine them tons of money for each illegal. It wont take long they will stop, but it has continue to be enforced.

There are plenty of workers, all they need is a list of men who are sucking welfare money, make them take a physical so they wont have any excuses and put their butts to work.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:02 AM

627 posts, read 2,621,467 times
I just want to know if they are going to fine the employer?!?! It only seems fair that they would, sice the employer is the reasone that the I.I. there that day!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida