U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 07:38 AM

11,501 posts, read 13,396,740 times

Advertisements

Congrats!

Many of us in this forum are heading to Florida soon.

I hope you sell your home soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 05:27 PM

7,136 posts, read 10,981,077 times
Congratulations! Terra Vista is drop dead gorgeous. As long as you don't need the airport very often, I don't think you will regret this decision. The people are really nice there and the amenities are top notch. Also the public library and grocery are nearby.

We're planning to put our house on the market on April 1st as well. Frank, Sunny, you, and I are all making the big move to Florida this year. It should be very interesting to compare notes. Best wishes.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:37 PM

186 posts, read 424,377 times
Sunydee
When is your house going on the market? Have you picked a place in Fla yet ?

Old 01-24-2011, 06:27 PM

2,903 posts, read 10,912,747 times
Terra Vista is not that far from us at all.....
We love visiting Homosassa Springs....

Frank

Old 01-25-2011, 01:52 AM

749 posts, read 2,092,980 times
Well, congrats new neighbor,( I live a stones throw away from Terra Vista). Just don't throw out all your winter clothes it does get into the teens and 20's ocassionally in Citrus County.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:29 PM

I have been watching the temps....and I think I will keep some of my warmer cloths, but I am pretty sure I wont need the snow blower or shovels...

We had lunch in a really fun place in Homosassa Springs....dont recall the name but we were near a place that had a monkey island.

We are realy looking forward to exploring the area, we dove to Peck's one night for dinner....would like to go back in the daylight.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:38 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,664,799 times
Frank, Nancy, and Sunnydee,

I so appreciate your optimism and courage... I guess that I have become so much less of a risk taker than I once was. All three of you seem to be throwing some "caution to the wind" as you have already purchased your next home without already selling the first. Hopefully, you sell fast and can establish your new Florida life without having an out-of-state real estate albatross hanging around your necks! Good luck with your new Florida homes!

Old 01-25-2011, 09:32 PM

2,903 posts, read 10,912,747 times
Thank you Coach!
We are taking things one day at a time. I have a punch list of things I want to do with this house to get it ready to sell. We are repainting rooms, staging, etc. When I am done the house will do it's best to sell itself. Every room staged just right, depersonalized, every closet clean, organized, etc. Perfect curb appeal, etc.

We had a realtor here today and he thought the home looked amazing. He wished every seller would be so committed.

While I did buy the Florida home 4 years ago, renting it out to snowbirds has made it easier and beneficial in many ways. Although I do want to "make the move" this year, and am planning on it, I really do not feel much pressure to do so. Our current work contract goes until April of 2013, so I have some time.

I feel like we are on a journey, and I can only see a little ways ahead. All I know now for sure is to prepare the home for selling. Since the Florida home is already furnished, I need to concentrate on just getting rid of most everything we have up here, and to prepare the house. It has been great just getting rid of everything, cleaning, organizing, etc. I feel things will become clearer once I do what I know I must do. It's like I have no right to fret over what step #20 is when I'm currently working on step #8 or so.

I do not regret buying when and what we did. I really like our neighborhood and community. There are a few things about our Florida home property that are unique, and to me worth getting. Although our home admittedly would sell for a bit less now then when I bought it, I do not plan on selling it anytime soon, so it is kind of a moot point. It has given me a wonderful place to "vacation" to...(although folks tell me I never relax, as I am happiest with tools in my hand). I have made some wonderful Florida friends, and it has given me more of a tangible idea of my future and what I have been working towards.

Stay well my friend,

Frank

Old 01-26-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiredcoach View Post
Frank, Nancy, and Sunnydee,

I so appreciate your optimism and courage... I guess that I have become so much less of a risk taker than I once was. All three of you seem to be throwing some "caution to the wind" as you have already purchased your next home without already selling the first. Hopefully, you sell fast and can establish your new Florida life without having an out-of-state real estate albatross hanging around your necks! Good luck with your new Florida homes!
Oh we are not throwing caution to the wind, quite the opposite, we have a contract with a contigency for the sale of our home.
And as with faithfulFrank we had a realtor come in give us a list to do which we are working on and than will put on the market. We are very lucky to live in a place that has been insulated from the real estate collapse ..

Once we sell and have cash in hands we will start building and only to the amount of our proceeds. We plan to have no mortgage, my husband will be retired ad my job in mobile.

We have done all we can to protect ourselves as we take this great adventure

Old 01-27-2011, 03:26 PM

790 posts, read 1,463,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy707 View Post
Well after multiple trips, much research, alot of thought we made the commitment and have a contract on a new home in Terra Vista.

We worked thru the issues of location, distance to airport, shopping and beaches and decided that is where we want to be....

Now we are in the process of getting our house in the frigid north ready to sell...putting the house on the market April 1 and if all goes well this will be our last winter in the cold ....
Congratulations! That's a real nice area in Citrus County and one that I am familiar with. I graduated from high school close by and my parents live within two miles of that development. The comments people have left are true. The residents are noticably more polite and you just don't have the thugs and the stupidity that is common in other areas of central Florida. There is so much nature in Citrus County and surrounding counties and, God willing, the real estate developers don't pave it over and turn a beautiful area into a sea of strip malls like much of the state. Its one of the few areas that's hilly and you will soon discover the climate is more tolerable with it a few degrees cooler overnight throughout the year. Get ready for some gorgeous sunsets as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or