U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 01:54 PM

10,887 posts, read 9,863,573 times

Advertisements

My husband, myself and my parents are going to Daytona Beach in September. We would love to have some good ideas on where to find good fresh seafood. We will probably be hitting the "early bird specials" and eating in the late afternoon. We will be wanting a cocktail or two - but beer and wine will be fine if the food is really good. Would love to have a view, but the food is the main thing - want a sit-down place with servers. Do not mind food and fun - but at our ages, we don't want the "spring break" type atmosphere! LOL

Any help is very much appreciated! I know we will be eating out many times, so a variety of ideas is welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 07:19 PM

1,343 posts, read 4,666,008 times
Worth the drive to Ponce Inlet and make sure you schedule your visit when "Then2Now" is playing on the deck (usually afternoons.) Fabulous band that has 7 to 70 year olds dancing. You could easily spend several hours here:

*INLET HARBOR RESTAURANT & MARINA - a Daytona Beach RESTAURANT WITH Great food & ENTERATINMENT...

Across the river in Holly Hill is Park's:

PARK'S SEAFOOD RESTAURANT - Early Bird Specials from 4:00 to 5:00 PM

And if you don't mind a 20 minute drive up the coast to Flagler Beach, you can actually pick your fish from the display case!

Flagler Fish Company

Bon Appetit!

Old 02-07-2011, 08:35 PM

979 posts, read 2,509,021 times
I don't know why everyone comes to Daytona and wants or expects great seafood. Daytona is a BBQ town. It is not known for seafood.

That doesn't mean there is no good seafood, Park's in Holly Hill is good. There are some other decent places, but it's not what Daytona is known for.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:47 PM

574 posts, read 1,839,893 times
I love Aunt Catfish on Riverside Drive in Port Orange!

Nancy

Old 02-07-2011, 10:20 PM

1,343 posts, read 4,666,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
I don't know why everyone comes to Daytona and wants or expects great seafood. Daytona is a BBQ town. It is not known for seafood.

That doesn't mean there is no good seafood, Park's in Holly Hill is good. There are some other decent places, but it's not what Daytona is known for.
Are you kidding??? BBQ??? What...Sonny's?

Some of the best fish I've ever had has come off the boats at the inlet. Wahoo, Golden Tile....

Got to disagree with you on this, Mike.

Forgot to mention to the OP:

Hull's Seafood About us (http://www.hullsseafood.com/about_us/about_us.html - broken link)

Old 02-07-2011, 11:26 PM

Thanks guys! I really do appreciate the information.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post

I think we expect great seafood because of the location.

Thanks anyhow for the information on Parks.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:16 AM

79 posts, read 512,506 times
to me Daytona isn't a big seafood area. the area has went down since 10-12 years ago.
they are trying to revive it but I think it will still be the same area.

I lived in Volusia County and wasn't impressed, now I live in Tampa and the West Coast of Florida by far has the best seafood places!

also depending on how soon you go you might be waiting with some crowds.
NASCAR Speed Weeks starts Friday for 2 weeks and then Bike Week is first week of March and then right into Spring Break

I have 2 others beside Aunt Catfishes which is ok,

try:

Our Deck Down Under

or

Caribbean Jack's

Old 02-08-2011, 07:47 PM

979 posts, read 2,509,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioAdoptMom3 View Post
I love Aunt Catfish on Riverside Drive in Port Orange!

Nancy
Forgot about Aunt Catfish! I love that place. I didn't go there nearly enough when I lived there.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceramictec View Post
also depending on how soon you go you might be waiting with some crowds.
NASCAR Speed Weeks starts Friday for 2 weeks and then Bike Week is first week of March and then right into Spring Break
I have been trying to do some research on that - as well as the food - and am thinking that perhaps the second week in September would be ideal. No bike week, or BCR, or anything going on with racing. ( I THINK! ) LOL

Any thoughts on this are appreciated also! (Pretty please??? LOL) We would soooooo love a quiet time to be there - as much as possible anyhow.

My sincere thanks to all of you - I really so appreciate the input!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or