U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 09:19 PM

132 posts, read 107,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTownKnight View Post
Tradition to the west of Port St. Lucie actually has a nice town square near the Publix. I wouldn't say the whole town is designed around it, but it is a nice gathering place and I believe they hold events and festivals throughout the year there.
Tradition is PSL, not west of it and it mostly families and lots of kids. Nothing much to do. PSL sucks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2018, 04:46 AM

62 posts, read 26,498 times
It depends on person to person, most of the people love to be the part of the Villages if they are financially good.

Old 06-07-2018, 06:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,594 times
Wink Snow Birds are everywhere in Florida

To all who complain about the Villages and the crowds. Florida cannot keep up with the Snow Birds who eventually turn into Homestead year round residents. Moved here when my children were young. . from New England. Now a Grandmother. . Nothing has changed in 43 years of Florida living. EVERY year we are flooded with Snow Birds. . We all can't stand the crowds and some with very bad manners as well. The Villages is no worse or better than any other area of Florida. Have lived very close to Miami. . .Broward and Palm Beach Counties. . Martin Counties. We have traffic . .'up the kazoo'. . Cannot find a parking space. Restaurants. . wait for a table...always. Cleaned out shelves in the stores. Prices go UP when the season is here. During Summer we get coupons and Early Bird specials. The owner of the hair salon from New Jersey that I first went to when I moved here told me just that. . Hang loose. You will enjoy the Summer and we all do. THAT IS FLORIDA FOLKS ! Floridians stay home in the Winter months ! We enjoy the Summer time and understand this is the way it is. When I lived in New England it happened in reverse. Our beaches and lakes were filled with 'city folks'. Come the Fall they left. . Enjoy Florida and realize everyone wants to share it as well. We are planning to move to the Villages. Friends from all over that we know love it there.

Old 08-26-2018, 06:14 AM

114 posts, read 135,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcolannino View Post
Forget the cost of the homes, the HOA, the repetitious activities, what you are all forgetting is THERE IS NO QUALITY MEDICAL CARE AS YOU GET OLDER AND NEED IT!!! One hospital for over 125,000 people over the age of 55. SERIOUSLY???? ER wait times can go into and over 8 hours. The worst part is that Morse owns the Health Care Centers and in order to go there you have to drop all your insurance and join the Medicare Advantage HMOs. No thanks! No HMOs for me. Adding to the insult is that the few doctors who accepts traditional Medicare and Medicare Gap insurance are not accepting new patients. Maybe the younger (55-65) have no problem with this but it's only because they don't have the health issues of a 70-80 year old. However, if you are lucky, you Will be there someday soon. We love our home, the HOA costs are fine with us, the activities are awesome, the golf and entertainment is fun BUT, quality healthcare is NOT HERE and now in our 70's, we are leaving because health care is far more important than fun and games.
THIS posting regarding medical care is probably the #1 reason why we would NOT consider moving to the villages (we have visited).

ANOTHER reason is stories we have heard about an increasing lack of enforcement of age restriction requirements in The Villages.

LASTLY what would happen to The Villages lifestyle if the Morse Family had a financial crisis or the properties were sold off to another group?

Old 08-26-2018, 08:00 AM

5,556 posts, read 4,997,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PylesFord View Post
THIS posting regarding medical care is probably the #1 reason why we would NOT consider moving to the villages (we have visited).

ANOTHER reason is stories we have heard about an increasing lack of enforcement of age restriction requirements in The Villages.

LASTLY what would happen to The Villages lifestyle if the Morse Family had a financial crisis or the properties were sold off to another group?

That would also apply to any of the smaller retirement communities that are controlled by a developer and not a HOA. Very important to understand the exact legal arrangement that controls the community where you live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida