Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 08:09 PM

10 posts, read 11,829 times

Advertisements

What city in Florida do you think is best for running a kitchen backsplash business?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 08:23 PM

573 posts, read 2,442,820 times
I don't really think there is a particular area that would be better than another. Lots of people are into remodeling in all parts of FL. Maybe check the yellow pages of the areas you might be interested in and see how much competition there is for something like that.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:23 PM

sorry I should have been more specific, I need an area that is doing alot of contruction and or remodeling. I also need an area that that has a lot of money to due home renovations.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:26 PM

84 posts, read 354,864 times
I remodeled my kitchen last summer. When it came to shopping for cabinets, granite, and such, I found no shortage of dealers anywhere I went. Even a smaller city like Sarasota had lots of remodeling showrooms to choose from. I think that you're probably going to have competition whereever you decide to go. However, that being said, I would follow the money in Florida. Sarasota is certainly a wealthier town than its neighbors. Plenty of people here can remodel, and money is no object. Other possibilites to consider,...Ft. Lauderdale, Naples, Palm Beach. I say go where the money is because a couple companies I received estimates from, weren't shy about trying to charge me $25-$30K for my small kitchen. By frantically shopping around, I was able to stay within the $15k I had planned, and that included re-sanding, my hardwood floors, plumbing, appliances, and new electrical work. (My cabinets are 100% Amish made wooden maple , and with granite countertops). Morale is: If they're brave enough to ask what they were asking, there must be people here willing to pay it). Best of Luck!

http://cfonde.smugmug.com/photos/180164397-L.jpg (broken link)

http://cfonde.smugmug.com/photos/180164444-L.jpg (broken link)

http://cfonde.smugmug.com/photos/180172026-L.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by Sarasota_Blues; 08-03-2007 at 09:46 PM..

Old 08-03-2007, 09:50 PM

congratulations it looks great now all you need is a nice kitchen backsplash to top it off

ooo and keep the posts coming the aboveposter was a perfect example of what I wanted to know, thanks!!

Old 08-03-2007, 10:03 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickmyster View Post
What city in Florida do you think is best for running a kitchen backsplash business?
Like DDLove said, you could potentially chose just about anywhere.

But things might be slowing down a bit overall. In the last few years, Jacksonville has seen a big influx of tile, flooring, granite, etc. businesses, but I'd be suprised to see many more moving in. I imagine we're typical of many Florida cities. Honestly, if I need flooring, the choices of businesses to go to is already overwhelming here....price shopping would be hard, there are so many of them.

I can only give you one mere shopper's perspective - at this point, for someone to stand out, they need to really be a niche marketer. Have a narrow but deep selection, don't wow me with "luxury", wow me with "quality" and "workmanship".

Old 08-04-2007, 01:08 AM

Well I do kitchen backsplashes a little differently in fact I do them much differently. I am pioneering pre-cut designer kitchen backsplashes that are can be completely finished in just 2 days grouted and all. I have invented a process that allows me to do this. That is about as much as I can tell you due to the patents I am filing but with you hiring me there would be no more wet saws are noise on your property since all the tiles are cut in our warehouse. So a better question would be, what city would be a great place to start this business. Everyone I talk to says it is a very lucrative business but I have yet to find the person that can hep me jump start this business! any suggestions?

Old 08-06-2007, 06:54 PM

573 posts, read 2,442,820 times
do you have a website that shows off your work? You are talking tile backsplashes, correct? would this compliment existing granite or overpower it. The only reason I am asking is granite is the "in" thing to do now....

by the way, Sarasota_Blues, LOVE your kitchen!

Old 08-06-2007, 07:52 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,656,129 times
Nice Kitchen remodel, Sarasota!

Old 08-06-2007, 07:57 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickmyster View Post
sorry I should have been more specific, I need an area that is doing alot of contruction and or remodeling. I also need an area that that has a lot of money to due home renovations.
Have you considered subing through like Home Depot or Lowes? I know several guys who are very happy doing this, one is a plumber and another a carpet installer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida