Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 11:25 AM

1,130 posts, read 1,572,640 times

Advertisements

It seems to me that this place may help the angry bunch feel a bit better.
Heck, it makes me feel good talking to you guys. But to continue to rant and rave about how bad a place is, give it up. Really...
Like I said before, nobody is keeping any of us here or wherever. Ya pick up and move. And if a different kind of folk move your way, I guess you either have to deal with it or just keep running.
Can't we all get along??? geez

Old 08-23-2006, 11:32 AM

39 posts, read 34,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboosmom View Post
Heck, it makes me feel good talking to you guys. But to continue to rant and rave about how bad a place is, give it up. Really...
Like I said before, nobody is keeping any of us here or wherever. Ya pick up and move. And if a different kind of folk move your way, I guess you either have to deal with it or just keep running.
If it makes you feel better, I am moving TO Florida!

(But I'm gonna rent for a while not buy b/c your real estate is falling like planes without engines, and it's not even close to being over...is that angry enough for you?)

Old 08-23-2006, 11:45 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times
Quote:
If you go to the top of the page a click on city data forum it brings up the list of states and almost all have a lot of negative posts about what ever state it is. People who are unhappy will more then likely be vocal about it while people who are happy have little to say.

In fact someone who is happy living where ever they are would not even be seeking out forums like this, only people making changes and this is going to have people who are unhappy for one reason or another, it just figures be that way.

Old 08-23-2006, 11:49 AM

243 posts, read 1,097,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Spaulding View Post
If it makes you feel better, I am moving TO Florida!

(But I'm gonna rent for a while not buy b/c your real estate is falling like planes without engines, and it's not even close to being over...is that angry enough for you?)

Good move. Rents down here are waaay cheaper than buying. I rent a condo worth around $400K (or at least it was until recently), fully furnished for $1200/mo. The condo maintenance fee is $400/month on this unit and going up, plus a special assessment of $4k for similar sized units. Taxes, maybe around $4000/year, contents insurance who knows. I've leased here for 3 years now, rent has never gone up come renewal time. The time to buy may be coming soon, maybe 1-2 years from now. I was talking to a realtor who both lives in and sells units in the building, he says sales have hit a wall, his office has only 1 deal to close on the table now in the entire complex, and it's a 100% financing sale.

The unit I rent was sold new in 1980, resold in 1987 and 1991. It resold for several thousand less in '87 and '91 as per county records than it did when new in 1980. My landlord bought it in 1994 for around the 1980 price. I doubt the 100% financing fool also checked the sales records. Psst! You CAN lose your a** in real estate, it's happened before and it'll happen again.

Old 08-23-2006, 12:21 PM

243 posts, read 1,097,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
If you go to the top of the page a click on city data forum it brings up the list of states and almost all have a lot of negative posts about what ever state it is. People who are unhappy will more then likely be vocal about it while people who are happy have little to say.

In fact someone who is happy living where ever they are would not even be seeking out forums like this, only people making changes and this is going to have people who are unhappy for one reason or another, it just figures be that way.

Actually I found this forum throught the city-data website, which I seeked out to compare Miami's weather to LA+San Diego, I was discussing SoCal weather with someone who moved to Miami from SoCal, he insisted even San Diego has broken 100 whereas Miami never has (he's right).

Some either won't be happy whever they're at while others haven't travelled outside their own realm enough to know the grass isn't greener elsewhere. I think the ones that really carry on and on about how FL life has made them miserable need a meds change not a location change. And for the last time, yes incomes/housing costs are out of whack here (frankly always have been to some extent), just as they are in Boston, NYC, LA, SanFran, or anywhere else desirable where people realy want to be, either accept it or move on.

Old 08-23-2006, 12:31 PM

799 posts, read 3,693,899 times
Quote:
I am also coming TO florida.After talking with my sister (lives in Clearwater) she says only the unhappy people or people looking to move would be on forums and it appears to be true, with a few that are actually trying to be informative. Theres good and bad about everywhere and I appreciate the warnings and learning what the down sides are. If your happy with yourself, you can be happy anywhere. I am perfectly happy here, but I love it there, so I will get there eventually even if I have to pay more to live there.

Old 08-23-2006, 12:56 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDog View Post
Actually I found this forum throught the city-data website, which I seeked out to compare Miami's weather to LA+San Diego, I was discussing SoCal weather with someone who moved to Miami from SoCal, he insisted even San Diego has broken 100 whereas Miami never has (he's right).

Some either won't be happy whever they're at while others haven't travelled outside their own realm enough to know the grass isn't greener elsewhere. I think the ones that really carry on and on about how FL life has made them miserable need a meds change not a location change. And for the last time, yes incomes/housing costs are out of whack here (frankly always have been to some extent), just as they are in Boston, NYC, LA, SanFran, or anywhere else desirable where people realy want to be, either accept it or move on.
This forum has gotten very popular. I first made a post in February. It was a response to a post that was made the day before. The next responded was three days later. If you asked a question it would be a day or two before you got a response if at all. Now this forum has gone crazy you can't keep up with all the postings. just interesting.

Old 08-23-2006, 01:08 PM

14 posts, read 79,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeAnjel View Post
I am also coming TO florida.After talking with my sister (lives in Clearwater) she says only the unhappy people or people looking to move would be on forums and it appears to be true, with a few that are actually trying to be informative. Theres good and bad about everywhere and I appreciate the warnings and learning what the down sides are. If your happy with yourself, you can be happy anywhere. I am perfectly happy here, but I love it there, so I will get there eventually even if I have to pay more to live there.
That's exactly what I was just saying to my hubby!

I sure appreciate the home insurance phone numbers posted yesterday, too.

Everyone has a different situation; we are empty nesters with our homes paid for and looking for lifestyle change. We've already made wonderful friends in FL and are looking forward to being there for good in two weeks. We've never lived more than 20 minutes from where we were born, so it's a big change for us.

And we are stinkin' HAPPY about it all!

Becky in DE/FL

Old 08-23-2006, 01:24 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,746,228 times
I'm moving TO Florida as well, in 3 weeks. I ignore the negative stuff because there are negative things to every place you can live. I live in Vegas now and the houses are way more expensive here (average price of a home here is $310,000), there's lots of crime here, schools are horrible...

To each their own, people like different things. While I don't like Vegas, I know many people who do. Lots of people on this board seem to not like Florida but I wouldn't say they represent the majority or the population of Florida wouldn't be in the millions.

Old 08-23-2006, 01:25 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,572,640 times
Default Angry?

I think we are all just scratching our heads out there. Buying, Selling...
Angry sellers. I am not one of them. Just wanted to get closer to the family.
When I sell I sell. I still love my home and Florida.. Here's to the Florida Lifestyle! I am going to go in the pool now! Wew
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: