Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 08:15 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,213,281 times

Advertisements

we would get new jobs in n fla --- in the same field. yeah, i was thinking if we settle into a nice town in n fla, maybe some family would join me. it's possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 03:44 PM

thanks for all the input thus far...

Old 08-01-2007, 05:47 PM

after talking with my wife, even though she likes n fla, she does not want to move out of orlando b/c of family. it is either here in orlando, or greenville, sc, i guess. now i'm really in a pickel. i like fla much more than sc, but i like greenville sc, and it definitely has it's advantages over orlando. leave the state i like b/c i dislike the city i live in? that's a tough one ppl.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:39 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,763,641 times
....And you could always compromise and move somewhere in the middle. I live in Charleston, SC (moved here from NW Ohio 23 years ago and love it) and have close-knit family in both Greenville and Palm Coast, FL. It is a 3 1/2 hour drive from here to Greenville and a 5 hour drive to Palm Coast. I visit each every other month and sometimes more. If you didn't want to live on the coast, you could live inland, west of I-95 or near Columbia, SC.

Just another option! Good luck with your decision-making.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:43 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,921 times
Could you live north of Orlando in Mt. Dora, Eustis, Tavares, etc.? That way you'd be close to Orlando and family, but out of the things about Orlando you dislike.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:18 PM

5 posts, read 8,783 times
I am in NW Florida....have been for 13 plus years-Ft.Walton Beach/Destin/Navarre area. Super nice. Okaloosa County have some of the best schools is the state. Beautiful Area. Lots of self employed & lots of military as well. Destin is kinda high priced though. Navarre / Gulf Breeze is great. Shalimar good as well.

I am looking to possibly move though to be closer to family ....14 hours to grandma's in WV is no fun for the kids. They want to see family more. The few family members we have here (hubby's side) we ALL wish to leave....they are not so good. Not a good example of how adults should act much less family & wish for that example not to be around any of us...especially when the kids get older.

Downsides for us: Hurricanes, Insurance rates on homes too high, Jobs with no benefits, houses very high priced, Sharks & Gators, Not alot of bass fishin, I miss seeing seasons, Want to be closer to my fam in WV (would like 5 hr or less drive),want better job opportunities with benefits

LOVE: The white beaches are breathtaking, great school in Navarre Intermediate School, I like this area...will miss it if we leave. Very attached because we have been here so long.

Starting to think maybe should focus on what is best for our immediate family first, then how close we are to everyone next. WV is a poor state with not alot of opportunity. That is why we are considering Greenville. Not sure though.

Let me know how it goes.....we are trying to make decisions wisely

Old 01-06-2009, 10:13 AM

2,414 posts, read 2,987,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceandreams94 View Post
Backtofla, I think your choice should be north Florida. It sounds like a good compromise for you and your wife to settle on.
I have been here for a mere 3 weeks now in Palm Coast and I just love it. It is a little bit awkward the way its spread out but you get used to it and the fact that its just a quick jump to the ocean and only about an hour or so from Orlando, 20 min from St. Augustine and 20 to Daytona, make it a good spot, IMHO...

Jen
I couldn't agree more!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida