Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 08:13 AM

27,204 posts, read 46,522,862 times

Advertisements

I know the law was changed for teenagers but this one for sure deserves the death penalty and not life with parole since someone will say he deserves a second change.

Look at his facebook picture....
Login | Facebook

Btw what about the parents...they should be investigated aswell! JMO

You can also find the picture under Nicholas Lindsey scumbag that someone put up on facebook. This guy is nothing than a thug and shouldn't get released EVER!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 08:47 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,261,657 times
If we're going to start making exceptions, then why pass the law at all? I don't agree with the possibility of parole, but since that's the way the system is at the moment, he is entitled to it. This one might get away, but it only means that the law needs to be changed to prevent these loopholes and technicalities.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:03 AM

428 posts, read 1,237,502 times
I agree we have to stand by the Supreme Court's ruling but it is a shame the ruling went the way it did. In the same way I think it is ridiculous an 18yr old can go to war but not be legally allowed to buy a beer, I think it is messed up that a 16 year old can kill someone and then be immune from the death penalty. This kid wanted to be a "big man", toting a gun around town. The law should give him what he wants- he can be "big man" when he climbs up into Old Sparky.

Just sickening at every possible level. A 16 year old kid with a criminal record who doesn't go to school most days and walks around carrying a firearm....

And the dad is in court crying. Well, cry me a river, dad. Maybe you should have been around to make sure your kid was going to school, was getting good grades, and was involved in some extra curricular activities besides illegal firearms acquisition. It takes many years of negative conditioning to get a 16 year old to the point where he has no regard for human life. The same amount of positive conditioning could have resulted in a smart kid with a college scholarship, but folks like this take the low road.

How many more dirtbag parents and kids are our there just like these? TOO MANY.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:14 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,245,509 times
That's what happens where there is no gun control, you can deny it all you want but these are the street facts!

The other sickening thing is to allow ppl on welfare to reproduce!!!!!!!!!
no job, no care or concern to be a decent citizen, yet they sit comfortably on welfare, get fat and have a million kids who overcrowd jails! Now THAT'S smart!!!!!!!!

I completely agree that the death penalty should be restored, this is ridiculous these guys kill innocent people and then they sit comfortably in a jail with food and roof over their head paid by tax payers or the relatives of their victims!! Unreal..... that this is allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjax1000 View Post
I agree we have to stand by the Supreme Court's ruling but it is a shame the ruling went the way it did. In the same way I think it is ridiculous an 18yr old can go to war but not be legally allowed to buy a beer, I think it is messed up that a 16 year old can kill someone and then be immune from the death penalty. This kid wanted to be a "big man", toting a gun around town. The law should give him what he wants- he can be "big man" when he climbs up into Old Sparky.

Just sickening at every possible level. A 16 year old kid with a criminal record who doesn't go to school most days and walks around carrying a firearm....

And the dad is in court crying. Well, cry me a river, dad. Maybe you should have been around to make sure your kid was going to school, was getting good grades, and was involved in some extra curricular activities besides illegal firearms acquisition. It takes many years of negative conditioning to get a 16 year old to the point where he has no regard for human life. The same amount of positive conditioning could have resulted in a smart kid with a college scholarship, but folks like this take the low road.

How many more dirtbag parents and kids are our there just like these? TOO MANY.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
That's what happens where there is no gun control, you can deny it all you want but these are the street facts!
What if, hypothetically, it comes out that this kid was high on (illegal) drugs and that is what helped "push him over the edge", so to speak?

We spent $15 billion last year on the war on drugs...a war we've been fighting for decades yet they are readily available on every street corner in some parts of town. Even if we were willing to amend the Constitution, I wonder how much the war on guns would cost, and how effective it would be?

Just saying... everyone would love an easy answer to things, but there isn't one. If easy answers grew on trees, I'd pick the one where loser families stop producing criminal kids and start sending them to college.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:43 AM

I agree, but some steps need to be taken, pretending this problem doesn't exist won't solve it either.

I'm thinking some hard choices need to be made on Capitol Hill, and some of those elected should start thinking about the entire population of this country and not just the next party they'll attend! or the next Golf game! or the next political short cut they'll take!

It really looks like the lights are on but nobody's home up there, they all make empty promises, we have extremely trained professionals in the military, and other agencies out to Also protect us, and it seems like nobody is doing their job if we're THIS infested with drugs and guns and what have you! and spend 15 billion dollars on it.......I'd like to know on what? besides housing criminals instead of killing them for killing innocent ppl!

I really think it is CLEAN UP time!

Quote:
What if, hypothetically, it comes out that this kid was high on (illegal) drugs and that is what helped "push him over the edge", so to speak?

We spent $15 billion last year on the war on drugs...a war we've been fighting for decades yet they are readily available on every street corner in some parts of town. Even if we were willing to amend the Constitution, I wonder how much the war on guns would cost, and how effective it would be?

Just saying... everyone would love an easy answer to things, but there isn't one. If easy answers grew on trees, I'd pick the one where loser families stop producing criminal kids and start sending them to college.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:06 AM

707 posts, read 1,460,961 times
In my home town a couple years ago (Rochester NY) a cop was shot (not killed.came very close to dying) and the 14 year old was sentenced as a juvenile he can get out as soon as he turns 21.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
I agree, but some steps need to be taken, pretending this problem doesn't exist won't solve it either.
Yeah, I wonder what we can really do. Many of these guns are already in possession illegally. Certainly this 16 year old who has already been in trouble with the law didn't have a concealed carry permit.

The 4th Amendment prevents law enforcement from spot checking someone on the street w/o probable cause.

On the other hand, TSA can pat down anyone they want who goes though the airport- or do a full body scan, etc. Sure it is "optional"... you don't have to fly. Just tell your boss you missed an important sales meeting in another state because you didn't want to deal with TSA.... then see how "optional" it really is.

Perhaps, if you are on any type of government assistance program (welfare, food stamps, unemployment, etc.) you have to consent to random searches of your body/home/car/etc. You also would be consenting to drug testing. Then, we could apply the same logic... just like you don't have to fly, you don't have to accept a government handout.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:31 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,841,818 times
Quote:
Perhaps, if you are on any type of government assistance program (welfare, food stamps, unemployment, etc.) you have to consent to random searches of your body/home/car/etc. You also would be consenting to drug testing. Then, we could apply the same logic... just like you don't have to fly, you don't have to accept a government handout.
I have been saying for years that there should be random drug testing for people on any form of welfare. You miss a drug test, or fail one and you immediately lose your benefits. You will be eligible to have them restored 1 year after testing clean. This should apply to those on unemployment also. If I have to pass a drug test to be able to go to work to pay for you to sit at home on welfare, you should have to pass a drug test to take my money.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:32 AM

AS you just stated it, all the below is wrong and should not be the case.....with so much technology available, pat downs are absolutely asinine! and useless, even with that, there are still people that pass right through with all sorts of prohibited items!

Law Makers need to take these things into account...you pat me down at the airport, but a 16 year old flaunts a gun around and shoots people as if it was the norm? on our own ground at home when there's no war going on? how's that?

Frankly, SWAT needs to step in and clean up. These low life's have the right to handle weapons and we don't have the right to stop them?????? detain and confiscate? really?

I am serious, I would freakin bust their doors out and flush them out like rats! There is no excuse for us/DECENT TAX PAYERS to allow OUR OWN Gov to support these types of individuals by offering welfare etc. and a safe heavens in jails.

Quote:
Yeah, I wonder what we can really do. Many of these guns are already in possession illegally. Certainly this 16 year old who has already been in trouble with the law didn't have a concealed carry permit.

The 4th Amendment prevents law enforcement from spot checking someone on the street w/o probable cause.

On the other hand, TSA can pat down anyone they want who goes though the airport- or do a full body scan, etc. Sure it is "optional"... you don't have to fly. Just tell your boss you missed an important sales meeting in another state because you didn't want to deal with TSA.... then see how "optional" it really is.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida