Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 10:19 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,282,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
That's what happens where there is no gun control, you can deny it all you want but these are the street facts!
Okay, algia, since you are just making up "facts", why don't you cite the law that allows a 16-year old to walk around with a handgun?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 10:20 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,464,753 times
Quote:
AS you just stated it, all the below is wrong and should not be the case.....with so much technology available, pat downs are absolutely asinine! and useless, even with that, there are still people that pass right through with all sorts of prohibited items!

Law Makers need to take these things into account...you pat me down at the airport, but a 16 year old flaunts a gun around and shoots people as if it was the norm? on our own ground at home when there's no war going on? how's that?

Frankly, SWAT needs to step in and clean up. These low life's have the right to handle weapons and we don't have the right to stop them?????? detain and confiscate? really?

I am serious, I would freakin bust their doors out and flush them out like rats! There is no excuse for us/DECENT TAX PAYERS to allow OUR OWN Gov to support these types of individuals by offering welfare etc. and a safe heavens in jails.
So you are proposing that SWAT go door to door and randomly kick in doors and do illegal searches for weapons with no probable cause or warrant to search?

These low lifes dont have a right to handle weapons, they are criminals and do it illegaly, why cant you understand that criminals dont follow the law???

You have the right to stop a criminal breaking into your home or attempting to assault you with a weapon, its called Floridas Castle Doctrine, you should read it. You also have the means to do it, its called the 2nd amendment, but I already know you wont read that. Its ironic that now you cry for rights when earlier you so quickly cast them aside. Interesting perspective you have on civil liberties.

Carry on my friend

Old 02-23-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_tino View Post
Okay, algia, since you are just making up "facts", why don't you cite the law that allows a 16-year old to walk around with a handgun?
There is no such law. In Florida you must be 21 to purchase a handgun. You must also be 21 to apply and obtain for a CCW permit.

It is emotional rhetoric rather than fact based logic.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:29 AM

"That's what happens where there is no gun control, you can deny it all you want but these are the street facts!"

There is gun control, unfortunately it only hurts legal gun owners because criminals dont follow the law.

"The other sickening thing is to allow ppl on welfare to reproduce!!!!!!!!!"

This is so outlandishly ignorant that I wont even dignify it with a rebuttle. You sir really are a forward thinker . I pray you are not a school teacher

Old 02-23-2011, 11:19 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
I wonder if the parents can be held liable for child neglect, since their child clearly was doing stuff that a parent suppose to be aware off.....

- Tatoos needs to be notorized by parents to obtain for a minor.

-"Sweat said her son left their apartment Monday night and returned home at 11:15 p.m. She said she did not know her son had left the home. ".....How can a parent living in an apartment not knowing that their child left the home without their knowledge or where were the parents?

-"Later, when she heard about the shooting of Ofc. David Crawford, she asked her son about it." Why did she ask her son about it? I told my son about it, only a parent who is aware that their child is hanging out with the wrong people, would ask a question like that!

-"He initially denied any involvement. She said she urged him to tell what he knew.".....so she had a red flag!

-""He manned up and said he was scared,'' she said. "He had the gun in his pocket. He said the officer asked him to take his hands out of his pocket. When he took his hands out of his pocket, the automatic gun went off. That's what he said.'' .....OMG is this going to be his defense.....!

A 16 yr old walking in her house with a gun...is that normal?

Lock up these parents! JMO.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:26 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
"That's what happens where there is no gun control, you can deny it all you want but these are the street facts!"

There is gun control, unfortunately it only hurts legal gun owners because criminals dont follow the law.

"The other sickening thing is to allow ppl on welfare to reproduce!!!!!!!!!"

This is so outlandishly ignorant that I wont even dignify it with a rebuttle. You sir really are a forward thinker . I pray you are not a school teacher
I'm glad people over here can own a gun. Where I'm from it isn't allowed and only the criminals have a gun

Recently they changed the law and people are allowed to defend themself in their own homes and/or work place but now they have forbidden all types of knives so basically you have to defend your self with a regular bread/butter knife.

Before that the person defending their own home was going to jail and the privacy of the criminal is protected so they are not allowed to be named other than by initials and by pictures as long as their eyes are covered by a huge black bar....

Old 02-23-2011, 01:42 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Lock up these parents! JMO.
Some people should be allowed to have children.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:08 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,299,617 times
amendment number two!

which btw, does not specify legal or illegal nor what kind or weapons!

mr Washington, had no way of knowing how guns will evolve when he wrote that, he wrote that amendment based on how times were THEN.

He talks about Militia.....which in todays date not only the term is not used anymore as he describes it, but the word in itself has been associated with police force in communist countries.
My country upon becoming free of communism, changed the name of the police force from Militia to Police.

However, if you want to see the full description you can re-search Wikipedia...

Isn't that just fascinating!

I am pretty sure this particular 16 year old doesn't even know how to spell his own name!!!! which would make mr Washington die of embarassment once again since this was not his idea of weapons use in those times. This 16 year old was not at war with anyone, he like many others who suck at the system, was just a misguided bastard without any basic education or common sense.

I am still not sure why are we allowing our Gov to maintain their lifestyle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_tino View Post

Old 02-23-2011, 02:29 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
Actually gun ownership is something we acquired from the English.
It came to be long before George Washington's time.

If you don't like the law as it stands, do something to change it.

Quote:
amendment number two!

which btw, does not specify legal or illegal nor what kind or weapons!

mr Washington, had no way of knowing how guns will evolve when he wrote that, he wrote that amendment based on how times were THEN.

He talks about Militia.....which in todays date not only the term is not used anymore as he describes it, but the word in itself has been associated with police force in communist countries.
My country upon becoming free of communism, changed the name of the police force from Militia to Police.

However, if you want to see the full description you can re-search Wikipedia...

Isn't that just fascinating!

I am pretty sure this particular 16 year old doesn't even know how to spell his own name!!!! which would make mr Washington die of embarassment once again since this was not his idea of weapons use in those times. This 16 year old was not at war with anyone, he like many others who suck at the system, was just a misguided bastard without any basic education or common sense.

I am still not sure why are we allowing our Gov to maintain their lifestyle?

Old 02-23-2011, 04:52 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
First of all, there are 1.5 million Americans serving our country right now.
Ask any of them what patriot means and I am sure they can explain it to you. Impossible, but ask the millions of dead service people what it means. They gave their lives so people from other countries and native born could make an attempt at a good life.

We fight overseas because that is where the problems are most prevalent from a military standpoint. The U.S. is there to prevent people from being fed to the dogs in non-democratic countries.

What value did YOU bring to our country? Please speak for your foreign born self and not the entire U.S.A.

As a U.S. military veteran I feel people who dislike MY country should go back to the worm holes they came from looking for a better life in MY country.

We have a militia. Its called THE UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES.

I will forever support MY right as a citizen of the U.S.A. to keep and bear arms and be able to protect my home and my family from the "people with no morals and any pertinent education who bring NOTHING of any value to our country"

Quote:
This is the definition according to Wiki:
Militia (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I doubt it is taught in schools today. But I will soon shall see when my kids get to that......

Now, that was when people fought for their country, as you can see, now, no one fights for THIS country anymore...no one...we fight wars OUTSIDE of the US when our borders are being invaded daily and not by educated people but by people with no morals and any pertinent education who bring NOTHING of any value to our country.

So, technically, there should be a 'Militia" formed by civilians as it is described into Wiki (known today as "The National Guard")........that should take steps to continuously protect us, but you don't see that and if you go to the mall and randomly ask someone that looks "American" (born here that is) what is "Militia" and what it stands for, I highly doubt you will get close to the correct answer.

The "people of today" are more concerned with the new iPhone than to protect their own country and there is no patriotism left for these new generations, ask the teens at the mall if they give a crap about their country! I doubt any would even know what a "patriot" is!

We are discussing something that was put in our constitution at a time in the US history when people CARED. Now all we have left is a welfare system that caters to the laziest of people who in RETURN illegally use guns to kill the taxpayers paying for their food!

........and some, are taking matters in their own hands apparently since our Gov doesn't see fit to DO anything about the illegals!
Men get 9 years in prison for Pa. hate-crime death - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110223/ap_on_re_us/us_immigrant_killing_students - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida