Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 11:02 PM

15 posts, read 13,072 times

Advertisements

drugs are everywhere i get that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 10:47 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithhtt View Post
SoFlGal My daughter will be going to SCF in the fall.We will be leaving Palmer Ranch to be closer (we aren't interested in the Bradenton campus). The Venice location is in South Venice. I would like a little younger area for my kids than Venice but I really like communities with downtown's . Does NP have anything like a walkable downtown? Thanks
No, North Port doesn't really have a "walkable" area like downtown Venice or Downtown Sarasota. That's one thing I really don't like about North Port. I does have many parks-A skate park, dog parks and many other parks dotted throughout the community.

The closest walkable areas to North Port are Venice and Punta Gorda. Both about 20 minutes away.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:51 PM

5 posts, read 15,101 times
Default fountains of north port

I have lived in the Fountains of North Port for several years. It used to be Riley Chase. When it was Riley Chase it was income restricted ie projects. For some reason it is no longer income restricted. They have changed the name of the street 3 times in the past 3 yrs. The only improvements they have done here is to put a few more plants in. There are still drugs here, though less obvious, there is still crime, one resident was recently arrested for aggravated strong armed robbery in Bradenton, and robbed a person in Ft Myers, he stole a 50" tv off someones uhaul while they were moving. There are many teenagers milling about the property w nothing to do but get into trouble. I saw teenagers once looking into car windows as they walked thru the parking lot, I can only assume they were looking for things to steal. There was a young man here who was trying to force his way into single women's apts. They continuoiuslly raise the rent, alot, like $80. They also charge for water,sewer, and dumpster. We pay a large fee for the meter then the water sewer on top of that. On the third floor the meter fee is even higher. Average water/sewer/dumpster fees are over $100 a mo. They claim you cannot have pit bulls and various other dogs here, but they are everywhere. If I could move I would! The only thing I can say about this place is that their maintenance to apt problems is prompt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida