Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 12:25 PM

125 posts, read 293,422 times

Advertisements

Never happen
To many cops and DA offices would have to cut staff

But the tax break for us public workers would be appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 02:25 PM

9 posts, read 38,969 times
Are you kidding! Florida LOVES putting people in jail. Haha. They would never let this go.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:29 PM

3,283 posts, read 5,198,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightYearsAway View Post
Are you kidding! Florida LOVES putting people in jail. Haha. They would never let this go.

sad, but i fear true.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:33 PM

146 posts, read 224,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
C'mon Gov Scott, you know you wanna! we could steal a lot of business from california, seattle etc. florida also has a reputation of been a state full of old people. if gov scott wants to get the innovation bug moving here, they have to do something which will change florida's image
California - which is orders of magnitude more enlightened and forward-thinking than Florida on these matters - just voted this down in the last election.

If it isn't happening in California yet, forget about Florida!

Old 03-02-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGator487 View Post
California - which is orders of magnitude more enlightened and forward-thinking than Florida on these matters - just voted this down in the last election.

If it isn't happening in California yet, forget about Florida!

i agree with you but only as far as the geriatric out of state transplants are concerned. my experience of florida outside the main cities is split. obviously you have the bible bashing country folk who like to see their moral ideals imposed on you. the other element is a fiercly independent, mind your own business, redneck.
when you refer to enlightenment, you have a point when imagining arts, literature and technology. as far as a real understanding of liberty goes, i think florida might just surprise you

Old 03-13-2011, 03:14 AM

56 posts, read 263,469 times
SUPPORT HJR 1407

Florida Finally Got a Legalize Medical Marijuana Bill!!

Support HJR 1407-Medical Use of Cannabis in Florida! Call Dean Cannon, 850-488-1450, urge him to put this bill before a committee so the bill doesn't die!!

Old 03-13-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gieseghj View Post
SUPPORT HJR 1407

Florida Finally Got a Legalize Medical Marijuana Bill!!

Support HJR 1407-Medical Use of Cannabis in Florida! Call Dean Cannon, 850-488-1450, urge him to put this bill before a committee so the bill doesn't die!!

can we phone them on sunday? can we call them numerous times?

Old 03-13-2011, 01:48 PM

56 posts, read 263,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
can we phone them on sunday? can we call them numerous times?
Calling on a Sunday will only let you talk to an answering machine. So I say call on Sunday and then call while they are in the office so they have to say something - just a thank you - but something that means they recognize your support.

I say call as often as possible, but it would be much much better to pass the phone off to a friend or family member and have them call as well.

Hand written letters are one of those most best ways to make an impact on them.

you can find your reps here:
http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sectio...=&City=&Zip5=&

Speaker Dean Cannon needs to put this before a committee

Your representative needs to co-sponsor and support this initiative.

Old 03-13-2011, 06:00 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,232,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
You'll get no argument from me, but it'll never happen-there's a multi-billion dollar industry in arresting, prosecuting and incarcerating drug users that would suffer if it were legalized.
Exactly. The "law enforcement" lobby would never allow it.

Old 03-13-2011, 06:12 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,232,016 times
The sad part is the seniors voting against it would benefit the most. I wish I could give my 102y/o dad who's dieing from cancer and liver failure some pot cookies to relieve the depression and pain and improve his appetite but the drug Nazis won't allow it. When are we going to live up to our democratic principles and stop interfering in people's private lives and personal choices?

Medical marijuana bill faces long odds (http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/medical-marijuana-bill-faces-long-odds-03102011 - broken link)

Updated: Thursday, 10 Mar 2011, 3:28 PM EST
Published : Thursday, 10 Mar 2011, 3:24 PM EST

By Dave Heller/Gannett TV

TALLAHASSEE - A state lawmakers is working on legalizing medical marijuana in Florida.

Rep. Jeff Clemens has filed legislation that would allow Floridians to vote on a constitutional amendment about medicinal marijuana.

It's the first-ever bill that tries to legalize the medical use of marijuana in Florida.

Clemens believes it makes no sense to allow people to use powerful prescription drugs like Oxycontin, Methadone and Percocet, but ban them from using a natural herb to treat an illness.

He says seven people are dying every day in Florida from those prescription drugs, but no one has died from cannabis.

Under his bill, medicinal cannabis could only be prescribed to people suffering debilitating medical conditions. It would also give protections to people who grow marijuana for medical purposes.

Cathy Jordan, who has lived with A.L.S for nearly 25 years, says she uses marijuana to treat her illness. She says she's been able to survive Lou Gehrig's Disease because of medicinal marijuana.

"Cannabis is a neuro-protector, anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory. I know this because the federal government has the patent," Jordan said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida