Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2014, 12:23 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigh110 View Post
Jus Sayin'
17 year study show it helps men between the ages of 20 and 39
NOT
to commit suicide.

An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

Why wouldn't it - it produces an artificial euphoria. Then the paranoia sets in......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 12:31 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,319,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Why wouldn't it - it produces an artificial euphoria. Then the paranoia sets in......
if that's the case, the suicide rate should be higher, right?

Old 02-03-2014, 01:45 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
The bible beaters in North Florida, along with the rednecks and soccer moms, will never allow it. If Florida bans victimless things like gay marriage and slot machines, then there's no way they will allow this. Ironically, they removed the law for motorcycle helmets a few years ago.
I won't vote for it either and I am not part of any of those groups you listed. I also have "liberal" friends who feel the same way. Some people actually analyze the consequences and form an opinion. They don't just vote because their political party says so.

Old 02-03-2014, 03:01 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,654,419 times
Marilize Legajuana!

Old 02-03-2014, 06:23 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Butt buuuutt buuuutttttt

it is not addicting and is only going to be used for medical reasons.

Dang we sure have one heck of a lot of sick people out there.

Next thing the welfare living, hand out loving, non working folk will want us to provide them with this free!

Old 02-03-2014, 07:55 PM

814 posts, read 2,043,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Butt buuuutt buuuutttttt

Next thing the welfare living, hand out loving, non working folk will want us to provide them with this free!

I figure as long as the doctor approves it for medical purposes for the welfare living, handout loving, non working folks it certainly will be provided for free or low cost. Plus we will pay for the doctor to monitor their condition/use to be sure they don't become psychologically addicted to it. At least the doctor doesn't have to worry about the patient becoming physically addicted to their medical marijuana. Unlike some other substances that are currently available legally by prescription or even for recreational use.
I see no difference then all the other forms of assistance and free medical care/narcotic medicines they already get on the taxpayer dime. Do you not think the folks you refer to aren't entitled to receive proper medical care just because they can't afford it?
I know they are a lot of folks out here abusing the welfare/low income system so to speak. I blame that on the politicians and lawmakers that allow it to happen but that's another topic. On the other hand I also know some of the people are down on their luck actually truly need the help. I know that every so often some find a way to make a better life for themselves. They will find a job, get off welfare and buy their own insurance to cover their medical marijuana and healthcare needs.
In the best case scenario the former welfare recipient would just buy it outright with money they worked for at their post welfare job. It would be purchased from a tax paying, wage earning, revenue producing licensed Florida marijuana distributor. The legal distributor would most likely also have employees another boon to the local economy through job creation.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I won't vote for it either and I am not part of any of those groups you listed. I also have "liberal" friends who feel the same way. Some people actually analyze the consequences and form an opinion. They don't just vote because their political party says so.

Yea those non believers sure are showing how they think and most are troubled people who fail at life and anything they do.

Then use the excuse they dont like God or the bible so they can go out an commit sins and weirdness such as having gay sex and they can live with it.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:15 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,319,079 times
Quote:
Butt buuuutt buuuutttttt

Typical republican, trying to connect welfare issues to marijuana. No one is adding for a handout in this thread.....

Old 02-04-2014, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Typical republican, trying to connect welfare issues to marijuana. No one is adding for a handout in this thread.....

I know I am correct. It wont be long before the typical hand out 4 generation welfare clan will be having their hands wide open waiting for another freebie.

If this does pass, it wont take them long and you will see it.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:41 AM

892 posts, read 1,576,922 times
Quote:
Yea those non believers sure are showing how they think and most are troubled people who fail at life and anything they do.

Then use the excuse they dont like God or the bible so they can go out an commit sins and weirdness such as having gay sex and they can live with it.

I'm sure your good buddy Jesus would be proud of your kindness, forgiving, understanding, and compassion for your fellow man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida