U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 09:11 AM

1 posts, read 584 times

Advertisements

Would the judge of the sunniest and warmest year-round cities in Florida be: SURVIVAL OF WARM-BLOODED INSECTS/ANIMALS AND WARM SUNNY GROWING CONDITIONS OF FLOWERS/PLANTS ACCORDING TO NATIONAL STANDARDS OF GROWERS AND BREEDERS? ANY GROWERS OR INSECT/ANIMAL AUTHORITIES OUT THERE? great topic and thanks for all the input since I am sick and need warm and sunny to survive now in the later part of my life. thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 10:48 AM

44 posts, read 20,004 times
Warmest Florida cities are Key West and Miami/Miami Beach. Both are Zone 11 hardiness USDA and have the warmest winter temps.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:47 PM

652 posts, read 253,407 times
That is the exact question I want to know . I feel tired of the hot humid Orlando summers . I agree that inland is worse than near the beach but I also want to add that I believe an area with lots of trees would be a bit cooler too. Unfortunately the closer you are to the beach the fewer the large trees are. I love the old oak trees with the Spanish moss in Orlando . I have been told Altamonte Springs and other areas of Seminole county have a lot of trees. Sitting under a tree cuts down on the summer heat a lot.

Does anyone know where you can find colder winters, a beach breeze and beautiful large shade trees in one city in Florida?

Lisa

Old 01-19-2013, 07:43 AM

5,903 posts, read 6,183,264 times
Colder winters - North FL. But I dont know about the tree situation.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:36 PM

652 posts, read 253,407 times
Default cold weather map florida

I found other maps that show the weather patterns of Florida. They are a little different from the arbor day map
Bill's Garden

I was born up north but haven't seen snow since I was a child. I miss snow but feel afraid to drive in it especially due to black ice. One reason I have chosen to live in Florida is because we don't have black ice at least I think we don't . Has anyone heard of black ice ever forming on a road in a city in Florida?

Old 01-20-2013, 07:58 AM

12,522 posts, read 12,756,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
That is the exact question I want to know . I feel tired of the hot humid Orlando summers . I agree that inland is worse than near the beach but I also want to add that I believe an area with lots of trees would be a bit cooler too. Unfortunately the closer you are to the beach the fewer the large trees are. I love the old oak trees with the Spanish moss in Orlando . I have been told Altamonte Springs and other areas of Seminole county have a lot of trees. Sitting under a tree cuts down on the summer heat a lot.

Does anyone know where you can find colder winters, a beach breeze and beautiful large shade trees in one city in Florida?

Lisa
Fernandina Beach, northeast of Jacksonville would be a good choice. Fernandina Historic District | Amelia Island Living & Travel eMagazine

St Augustine/St Augustine Beach would be another.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:14 PM

3,282 posts, read 4,161,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post

Lisa
Jacksonville

Old 02-22-2013, 07:49 PM

4,693 posts, read 2,914,816 times
Inland areas like Orlando have hotter, more humid summers, with a lack of a breeze. BUT, they also get chillier in the wintertime than coastal areas, especially at night. North FL tends to be hotter in summer, cooler in winter than South FL. The Gulf side in summer tends to be more humid, hotter, less of a cool breeze, more bugs than the Atlantic side. This is because the Gulf is warmer in summer than the Atlantic. In winter, the Gulf is cooler than the Atlantic side, so the Gulf coast's weather is drier and cooler, while the Atlantic side tends to be warmer and more humid, still with a nice breeze. All of FL gets some cold spells (even the Keys), but it never really lasts long enough to do serious damage to tropical plants like coconuts in South FL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida