U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 09:49 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,391,089 times

Advertisements

Venice, Anna Maria or any beach town along the gulf coast.

120k wont do it but I did answer the question.

The I-4 corridor answer is also an awesome one.

How can you go wrong buying property along that route.

I would be buying something right off the highway to start a business myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 06:01 AM

8,287 posts, read 11,802,754 times
vegas? don't do anymore condos or HOA's! too many restrictions! the Orlando area would be the first choice in your price range since housing prices have come down here.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:02 AM

22,553 posts, read 47,233,217 times
Vegas Boy...I just realized you meant condo. Wow. You can get a great home for $120,000 in Cape Coral. I have a family member that just bought a home there. About 15 years old, pool home, 2,400 square feet and paid $127,000. No sea view. But Cape Coral has the second lowest crime rate in the state.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:58 AM

50 posts, read 70,828 times
Default hmmm

interesting you mention cape coral having low crime, someone on here said it was high? Where is the first lowest crime rate in FL?

Old 03-02-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishingawaysnow View Post
interesting you mention cape coral having low crime, someone on here said it was high? Where is the first lowest crime rate in FL?

You might want to check in this information as many here have posted about crime being high in Cape Coral.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
You might want to check in this information as many here have posted about crime being high in Cape Coral.
Let's check, shall we?

Oh look, City-Data has lots of data about cities. Who would have thunk that?

http://www.city-data.com/city/Cape-Coral-Florida.html

Wow. Well-below the national average!

Cape Coral also offers a high quality of life due to its low crime rate (2nd in Florida), outstanding climate, excellent health service, affordable housing, education facilities, parks and recreation.

Cape Coral City Guide - City Information

About Cape Coral 1 Florida

Cape Coral Fast Facts

Old 03-04-2011, 07:19 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,154,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Let's check, shall we?

Cape Coral also offers a high quality of life due to its low crime rate (2nd in Florida), outstanding climate, excellent health service, affordable housing, education facilities, parks and recreation.

Cape Coral Fast Facts
I think those numbers are kind of old. Also from 1999 to 2006 the crime rate has gone up 30%. Another site I looked at has it now at around the national average. You have to wonder what this trend means. It also had a population increase of 70% in the 2000'S. Now many homes are vacant, about 12%. The number of owner occupied has dropped. The average age of a home there is only 12 years. The town has the ear marks of an over developed town going bad. That may account to the crime trend.
I have to add:
I got curious so I did some checking the last few minutes. It is very interesting. I checked towns I had previously looked at for their current crime rates. One town that was a 1 on a scale of ten is now a 4. several others reflect the same trend. I was shocked to find Tallahassee's crime rate now is exactly the same as Miami.
In Florida the rise in crime seems to be across the board.

Last edited by mango23; 03-04-2011 at 07:34 AM..

Old 03-04-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
I think those numbers are kind of old. Also from 1999 to 2006 the crime rate has gone up 30%. Another site I looked at has it now at around the national average. You have to wonder what this trend means. It also had a population increase of 70% in the 2000'S. Now many homes are vacant, about 12%. The number of owner occupied has dropped. The average age of a home there is only 12 years. The town has the ear marks of an over developed town going bad. That may account to the crime trend.
I have to add:
I got curious so I did some checking the last few minutes. It is very interesting. I checked towns I had previously looked at for their current crime rates. One town that was a 1 on a scale of ten is now a 4. several others reflect the same trend. I was shocked to find Tallahassee's crime rate now is exactly the same as Miami.
In Florida the rise in crime seems to be across the board.
Cape Coral's crime rate has actually been going down since the housing crash.

The News-Press: Archives

In fact, it's down in Lee County and Fort Myers, too.

Fort Myers News Press Search Article Search

A long time ago I felt sure that with folks moving away that Cape Coral would turn into a crime-filled ghost town. It hasn't. Crime went down. When I visit the people seem more laid-back and nicer. Gone are the rude, aggressive idiots. Well, I am sure some are still there, but I haven't run into them, yet. My guess is a lot of people moved away, and among them were a lot of ne'er-do-wells and opportunists.

Prices are very, very low in Cape Coral, right now and there has actually been a small up-tick in sales.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

And finally, this is directly from the cops:

Crime Statistics

Last edited by Yac; 12-28-2011 at 05:17 AM..

Old 03-04-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Let's check, shall we?

Cape Coral Fast Facts

CD is not the only place to look for crime stats either.

The CD info is old and outdated.

Like you said since the housing crash, meaning people have left the area and therefore it would be natural for the crime to drop some because of the less amount of people.

For two years on this board I have read post by many about being victims of crime in CC. Were all those post bogus then?

I also took a look at the Sheriffs website and it seems they are very busy people.

Guess we cannot rely on a CD poster or posters telling us how bad Florida and its crime is anymore which is a good thing for the bashers.

I am thinking you lived in CC for a while? And are you wanting to move back to CC?

For you to defend it I am thinking you have an interest in the area.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:10 PM

I lived in the area for 10 years, my husband for 25. We still go down there because we have about 30 family members in the are, mostly Cape Coral. I prefer to raise our child up here. That's why I moved. I prefer the schools and lifestyle for raising children up here.

What's YOUR deal? Why have you been pining for Florida on this forum for four years and become angry when anyone says anything bad about the state? How come you now question positive information about Cape Coral? Have you changed your mind about Florida now that you, once again, are not moving to Florida?

And by the way, Fort Myers has high crime, although even that has gone down, which I am very surprised by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
CD is not the only place to look for crime stats either.

The CD info is old and outdated.

Like you said since the housing crash, meaning people have left the area and therefore it would be natural for the crime to drop some because of the less amount of people.

For two years on this board I have read post by many about being victims of crime in CC. Were all those post bogus then?

I also took a look at the Sheriffs website and it seems they are very busy people.

Guess we cannot rely on a CD poster or posters telling us how bad Florida and its crime is anymore which is a good thing for the bashers.

I am thinking you lived in CC for a while? And are you wanting to move back to CC?

For you to defend it I am thinking you have an interest in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or