U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 09:23 AM

1,422 posts, read 1,815,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duttygal86 View Post
Sounds so typically Floridian, Babylon I tell ya! I am so glad to be gone. I think growing up there made me paranoid. That feeling of always being hustled is maddening.
...and now you're living in LAS VEGAS? L.V. probably has one of the largest concentration of hustlers and scam artists in the United States!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 09:32 AM

153 posts, read 305,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHomunculus View Post
...and now you're living in LAS VEGAS? L.V. probably has one of the largest concentration of hustlers and scam artists in the United States!
Hahaha! So true!

Old 03-30-2014, 11:11 AM

61 posts, read 150,649 times
Thank you ComSense! I appreciate it a lot more than some realize. God bless you!
Florida vince
I understand where you are coming from and unfortunately there are people like that in this world. But there are also those whom truly need a hand up not a hand out and are truly in need and upfront and honest. We are like so many other we lived one paycheck from being homeless and the worst case happened. We were like most everyone else but I have always been the one helping strangers. I would help someone in the grocery store line struggling to pay . and many other examples. I appreciate your advice and blunt but not condemning words. I do ask you tho tgt you don't give up on being a helpful person because of a couple of freeloaders because there are those who are truly appreciative and in need.

Old 03-30-2014, 02:52 PM

153 posts, read 305,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverfamga View Post
Thank you ComSense! I appreciate it a lot more than some realize. God bless you!
Florida vince
I understand where you are coming from and unfortunately there are people like that in this world. But there are also those whom truly need a hand up not a hand out and are truly in need and upfront and honest. We are like so many other we lived one paycheck from being homeless and the worst case happened. We were like most everyone else but I have always been the one helping strangers. I would help someone in the grocery store line struggling to pay . and many other examples. I appreciate your advice and blunt but not condemning words. I do ask you tho tgt you don't give up on being a helpful person because of a couple of freeloaders because there are those who are truly appreciative and in need.
I hear what you are saying riverfamga. Its not my job to judge people, thats what the man above is for. We do tend to make assumptions about people based on their actions and demeanor though, and thats natural. Is it always correct? No, but I will never second guess myself either.

We do tend to be cautious when helping others. Many of these "needy" people are just plain lazy or have destructive habits that we do not wish to contribute to. Needing a "hand up" is understandable and deserving of some help, but being lazy or having addictions is not unless you're taking the initial steps of getting yourself some help.

We will never give up on helping others as we enjoy it tremendously, but we will never be labeled as "enablers" either. It's also never been about the money, time or effort as we do pretty well for ourselves plus we believe it will be paid forward somewhere down the road. I think I proved that a week ago by donating three hours of my only day off and @ $100 worth of food, a tire and fuel to our freeloader neighbor.

Hopefully that little "hand up" has made our neighbor realize that there are still some good people out there not wanting to take advantage of her in her time of need, even though she took advantage of us by not being upfront with her intentions. Oh well, life moves on.

I'm sure your intentions are legitimate and that you are good people. We hope that you and your family find the road back to prosperity, and find it soon. Just remember that it takes A LOT of hard work, diligence and patience to get there!

Good luck!

Last edited by Florida Vince; 03-30-2014 at 03:13 PM..

Old 03-30-2014, 06:01 PM

61 posts, read 150,649 times
I agree thank you for the well wishes and I know we will get there God Bless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or