U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 05:59 PM

23,440 posts, read 31,667,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
Uh...yes, you did. AnnieA said that not consulting with lawmakers was a courtesy issue and you said that not consulting with lawmakers rose to the level of unconstitutionality. I said that couldn't be true because he didn't consult with lawmakers regarding the rail money and that was found to be constitutional.

You are right about me...I am cranky right now because it drives me crazy when people espouse nothing but self-rationalized personal opinions as fact and then rely on bad, biased opinion pieces that pass as journalism to justify their opinions. They don't bother to critically evaluate information and they are completely close-minded to any other point of view because it doesn't fit into their world view. I have been a screaming liberal and a moderate in my life. Now, I just look for facts and solutions and I look for opportunities to shine the light of truth on the weasel pseudofacts that people like you seem to love to rely on.
You are referring to things out of context, refer to post #13, here it is.

"..kshe95girl...."He annoyed the ambitious Senate president, as well as a host of leaders in conservative states, by trying to kill off a database to track the fraudulent distribution of addictive prescription drugs before it was up and running. He did so without consulting lawmakers, calling the monitoring system an invasion of privacy...... but that wasn't a constituitional issue was it ? That was my understanding....more of a courtesy issue. If I am wrong, I would be glad to admit it. I do believe the database is needed and disagreed with his position......"

I was referring specifically to the database issue, not the rail issue.
But, in your own words, "people like you", (whatever the hell thats supposed to mean) cant let niggling little snippets like that obfuscate your agenda.
I'm shocked you dont live in The Villages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 06:28 PM

4,226 posts, read 5,683,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
because the press is largely democrat, largely liberal, and has a vested interest in seeing republicans look bad in any way possible.
Not that tired old line again. Only a handful of Beckites believes that anymore. Go to the link below and see who REALLY owns the majority of media outlets.

Who Owns the Media? | Free Press (http://www.freepress.net/resources/ownership - broken link)

Not seeing too many "liberals" in that group-mostly huge, multi-national corporations.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
Not that tired old line again. Only a handful of Beckites believes that anymore.
I got a pretty good chortle out of that one, myself.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:46 PM

5,314 posts, read 8,144,006 times
I don't care who owns them...are you so cynical as to believe that there are corporate owners who are manipulating reporters? I'm talking about reporters who are largely progressive or liberal. I have eyes and ears and I can discern a bias when I see and hear one, including sometimes on Fox and CNN but definitely on NBC, MSNBC, NY Times and affiliates, etc. You can deny, deny, deny but no one is dumb enough to believe your propaganda...well, mostly no one.

It doesn't matter which issue you were talking about---god, I can't believe I have to explain this to you--YOU said....oh forget it. I'm obviously dealing with exactly what I meant by "someone like you" and if you have to ask what that is supposed to mean you will never get it. My only agenda is reality. What's yours? (Rhetorical....I already know.)

Old 03-08-2011, 08:01 PM

^^^Still chortling.
I love that you're slapping a label on everyone that isnt in lockstep with your personal agenda, that just made my night.
Do you actually believe your own particular brand of hogwash?
I'm not seeing a whole lotta folk that are buying what you're trying to sell here.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:23 PM

7,664 posts, read 16,057,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
but that wasn't a constituitional issue was it ? That was my understanding....more of a courtesy issue. If I am wrong, I would be glad to admit it. I do believe the database is needed and disagreed with his position......

It's an issues addressed in state statute, and Scott is on very shaky legal ground for it since the money for the project was properly budgeted for by the state legislature and that budget bill was signed by the then-governor.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Quote:
[SIZE=-1]Impoundment of funds; restricted.—The Executive Office of the Governor, the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, any member of the Cabinet, or any state agency shall not impound any appropriation except as necessary to avoid or eliminate a deficit pursuant to the provisions of s. 216.221. As used in this section, the term “impoundment” means the omission of any appropriation or part of an appropriation in the approved operating plan prepared pursuant to s. 216.181 or in the schedule of releases prepared pursuant to s. 216.192 or the failure of any state agency or the judicial branch to spend an appropriation for the stated purposes authorized in the approved operating budget. The Governor or either house of the Legislature may seek judicial review of any action or proposed action which violates this section.[/SIZE]
If you follow up on 216.221, there are a whole slew of rules that the governor must follow if he/she claims they need to impound the funds to prevent state budget deficits, and Scott has worked with neither the legislature nor the judicial branch according to the terms of that state statute.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:26 PM

711 posts, read 1,627,390 times
Why should a Floridian care what Democrat schills like the NY Times say about anything?

Old 03-08-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
Why should a Floridian care what Democrat schills like the NY Times say about anything?
Perhaps because the Times owns several newspapers in Florida?
Just a wild guess.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:20 PM

711 posts, read 1,627,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Perhaps because the Times owns several newspapers in Florida?
What the Times says about Florida is no more important than what Thailand says. They don't live here, have no stake here, and anything they say is nothing more than meddling. They are a barometer of what liberals really think about Florida, but other than that knowledge they're irrelevant and should be given no more thought than you'd give a taunting bully. NYT staff are a bunch of arrogant SOBs if they believe otherwise.

Old 03-09-2011, 01:16 AM

2,602 posts, read 7,189,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
They don't live here, have no stake here, and anything they say is nothing more than meddling.
Sort of like how Rick Scott barely met the minimum residency requirement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or