U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 03:27 PM

23,440 posts, read 31,751,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley01 View Post
Guess those politicians need to set aside a few hours and watch the National Park Series from Ken Burns. Doing anything like that defeats the purpose of why the NPS was created in the first place. What idiots!

The National Parks are not Disney World!
They're talking about state parks, not national parks.....although national parks might be next......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 05:43 PM

3,849 posts, read 7,895,068 times
Bad idea.

It's bad enough a lot of the parks have private vendors for rentals, concessions, etc. At a non-private vendor park a canoe rental is $5.30 for an hour. At the private vendor parks it's around $30 an hour.

These state parks are supposed to be for the public to enjoy, and many times people can't even do that because it's an arm and a leg just to do anything in them!

Old 03-10-2011, 07:07 PM

3,599 posts, read 5,849,183 times
Thanks for your replies, this is going to be a huge battle. Please go to Jack's fanpage and let them know how you feel, it works. At 3pm the Phillips Phile on Real Radio 104.1 in Orlando (XM Ch. 152 for those of you nationwide) began shouting this from the rooftops, within hours hundreds of comments were up protesting this and it got so bad that they started taking down comments and couldn't keep up. By the end of the show, the official website of Jack Nicklaus' Golden Bear Club had to issue a statement regarding the opposition.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Thanks for your replies, this is going to be a huge battle. Please go to Jack's fanpage and let them know how you feel, it works. At 3pm the Phillips Phile on Real Radio 104.1 in Orlando (XM Ch. 152 for those of you nationwide) began shouting this from the rooftops, within hours hundreds of comments were up protesting this and it got so bad that they started taking down comments and couldn't keep up. By the end of the show, the official website of Jack Nicklaus' Golden Bear Club had to issue a statement regarding the opposition.
Done....looks like they've stopped taking down comments on his FB page....I took the liberty of sharing this issue on mine, I'm sure my friends will take notice....actually, judging from the comment #s I can see on the FB tab, they've started already.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Done....looks like they've stopped taking down comments on his FB page....I took the liberty of sharing this issue on mine, I'm sure my friends will take notice....actually, judging from the comment #s I can see on the FB tab, they've started already.
Thank you, and good to bump into you again.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Thank you, and good to bump into you again.
Good to see you too, I'm really glad you posted this....there seems to be an outbreak of crazy legislation in Tally the past few days.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Good to see you too, I'm really glad you posted this....there seems to be an outbreak of crazy legislation in Tally the past few days.
I've been so sickened by this lately that I actually attended the rally the other day holding these signs:

Last edited by OrlFlaUsa; 03-10-2011 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: messed up image

Old 03-10-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
I've been so sickened by this lately that I actually attended the rally the other day holding these signs:
Thats awesome!!!!!!!
Kudos to you!
LMAO @ the "alienface" sign, classic!

Old 03-10-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Thats awesome!!!!!!!
Kudos to you!
LMAO @ the "alienface" sign, classic!
It was a big hit and I was on the news 3 times lol. Oh and we may have lost the battles for teacher merit pay, laid off workers, business tax cuts, public school funding, etc, etc, but there is good news:Smoke it if you got a scrip. Bill filed to legalize pot – Central Florida Political Pulse – Orlando Sentinel. Wooo hooo, after they destroy this state I'll need medical marijuana to deal with the depression and migraines.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
It was a big hit and I was on the news 3 times lol. Oh and we may have lost the battles for teacher merit pay, laid off workers, business tax cuts, public school funding, etc, etc, but there is good news:Smoke it if you got a scrip. Bill filed to legalize pot Central Florida Political Pulse Orlando Sentinel. Wooo hooo, after they destroy this state I'll need medical marijuana to deal with the depression and migraines.
Better add reducing the amount of time you can draw unemployment, I just heard that on Channel 27.
And youre right about needing medical marijuana.....I cant believe all this crap is happening here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or