Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 09:24 AM

3 posts, read 6,193 times

Advertisements

I realize this is an old post, but...
I have very bad eczema. My dermatologist has said "go to florida, if you can". I just returned from a 10 day trip to Fort Myers. I took some prednisone with me on the trip, because I had a serious "flare up" right before we left for Florida. I didn't need it. By day 10 in Florida, my skin was completely clear. I don't know if it is the warmth, the humidity, the sunshine, or the sea air... but whatever it is, it is friggin' magic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2016, 06:42 PM

68 posts, read 166,463 times
I can only speak from my experience. My daughter has very bad eczema. Has had it for years. Every time we go to Florida her eczema completely clears up. In the past 5 1/2 years we have gone to Florida for 2-4 weeks every year and every time it has cleared her eczema completely. Now, I'm not sure if it's the warmth, humidity, sunshine or ocean that has done the trick but it really helps her.

Old 03-23-2016, 09:30 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Grown son has it, I think makes no difference. My gdaughter has silent asthma n breaks out the cold and heat both affect her skin. I think eczema is part of kidney issues ? Seems my son's is affected by that anyhow.

Old 03-31-2016, 10:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,320 times
I recently moved from Houston, Texas to Miramar, Florida (which is right next to Miami) and my eczema has got worst. My mother told me I always had eczema since I was baby but it was well controlled while growing up in Denver and moving to Texas in my earlier adult life. Now I'm seeing a dermatologist out here in Florida to help with my symptoms. The past winter months have been the worst for me. Even though the sun shines all year round and it's humid, for me this has not been the best place thus far for my eczema. My determatologist told me people with severe eczema tend to do better in drier climates like Arizona, Colorado and Texas.

Old 05-29-2017, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 2,138 times
Default Florida Ll

I have severe excess and allergies and I live in Florida, all I can say is it's terrible too many different pollens 365 days a year no maybe you might be different but for me absolutely terrible I found this thread because I was researching the best place to live if you have allergies like mine but I guess everybody could be different hope this helps

Old 05-29-2017, 11:31 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,961,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastDreamer View Post
Thanks all for your helpful answers. I'm getting the impression that Florida is rife with pollen and other allergens, and that almost year-round, things are in bloom. So I take it this means I'd have to live nearer the coast for it to make it worthwhile for my kid. Anyone else have any further insights into this?
My 7 year old daughter has horrific allergies, as do I. She's on year round nasal and pill medication for them along with two inhalers. Even with that we still go through a seasonal constant coughing fit that lasts usually 5-7 days for several months a year. The blooms are year round so there is no relief. I take two allergy meds daily also. I'm 3 miles from the beach and it doesn't make a difference.

Old 05-29-2017, 10:34 PM

1,329 posts, read 831,909 times
Florida is NOT humid year round. There is a long dry season where humidity is much lower. Unless you live right on the ocean, you are going to have some drier air for much of the year. It barely rains for months sometimes.

Old 05-29-2017, 10:40 PM

24,399 posts, read 26,946,756 times
I get eczema sometimes and cold dry weather is the worst irritant for me personally, so Florida has been pretty good. However, I get eczema from most sun blocks, but I've found a couple all natural ones that I'm fine with.

Note, each person is different though.

Old 05-31-2017, 05:53 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,448,079 times
My old roommate has eczema and she told me that going to tanning booths helps hers.
(I'm just repeating what she said.)

Old 05-13-2019, 06:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,734 times
I have eczema. When I lived in Nebraska it would only flare up in winter, and then only on a rare occasion would it get bad.

I've been in Florida (Orlando) since October and am currently having the worst eczema flare up of my life. My allergies are going haywire, and I'm beginning to miss having any facsimile of cool weather. Tbh, I miss winter.

I don't recommend the place to anyone, even without allergies and eczema, just because of how awful this city is. I here there are better places, but I recommend avoiding the cities altogether. They are rife with violent crime amd robbery, because the whole lower half of the state is a tourist trap. Pray you don't have to have any dealings with government agencies, because in this state (a swing state that doesn't know if it wants to be red or blue) nothing gets done unless you're Bob Igar.

I've lived in Red states, and Blye states, both function better than this place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida