Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pol : Recall Rick Scott?
Yes 51 66.23%
No 26 33.77%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 04:51 PM

181 posts, read 291,225 times

Advertisements

..and it matters to me because as I have said..I am planning a move to your state in 6 to 8 years.

I sure hope my favorite Senator still has his gig..Marco Rubio.

You folks are so lucky to have him. We have the brain dead Barbara Boxer..talk about an embarrasment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 05:42 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
By the time you make it here, it's 50/50 on whether Rubio's out of politics because of corruption charges. He's nothing more than yet another RPOF hack who's been smart enough to keep a public distance from Greer and Delmar's barbecue crew.

Old 07-22-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
By the time you make it here, it's 50/50 on whether Rubio's out of politics because of corruption charges. He's nothing more than yet another RPOF hack who's been smart enough to keep a public distance from Greer and Delmar's barbecue crew.

Ok..don't know about corruption charges..but I do know, in no time at all, he has become a leading voice for Conservatives in the Senate..unusual for a new guy.

..and if you would like to see him go, I have good news...

..he will be every Republicans' (that is running for President)..first choice for V.P. in 2012.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:32 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,304,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by $musicman$ View Post
..and yes..cut money from the schools..the more they are given..the worse they get.
Cut money from the military. It's been almost ten years and Iraq and Afghanistan are wrecks. They're not doing their job, so let's cut finding. Soldiers shouldn't be getting their hefty pensions, free healthcare, and free college on the taxpayers' dime. Turn it over to the private sector. (See how goofy arguments can be spun?)

Quote:
That is why the teacher unions fight so hard against vouchers..

..who would stay in public schools that didn't absolutely have to.
Teacher unions in Florida are a joke. They're little more than token organizations. Teachers aren't even allowed to strike. Some people are against vouchers because state money could be used to fund private religious schools. I know that I take the separation of church and state pretty seriously, so I have a problem with this.

Quote:
Capitalism is the only absolutely perfect things humans have ever created.

Turning much of the marketplace over to political hacks was among the worst ideas Americans ever had.
Hah, right. Because when corporations make excess profits, the first thing they do is hire more workers, not cut jobs and send them overseas. Besides, who needs regulation and oversight at all?

Old 07-22-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
Cut money from the military. It's been almost ten years and Iraq and Afghanistan are wrecks. They're not doing their job, so let's cut finding. Soldiers shouldn't be getting their hefty pensions, free healthcare, and free college on the taxpayers' dime. Turn it over to the private sector. (See how goofy arguments can be spun?)

Teacher unions in Florida are a joke. They're little more than token organizations. Teachers aren't even allowed to strike. Some people are against vouchers because state money could be used to fund private religious schools. I know that I take the separation of church and state pretty seriously, so I have a problem with this.

Hah, right. Because when corporations make excess profits, the first thing they do is hire more workers, not cut jobs and send them overseas. Besides, who needs regulation and oversight at all?
They dont leave whe they make more profits..they leave when they are taxed and regulated right out of the country..you would, too.

Oversight?

It's called the marketplace. When people don't want something or feel they are being ripped off..they stop buying it.

We can't do that with the government..they just keep taking and taking..no matter how rotten the results..keep throwing other people's money at it.

Other people's money is great isn't it?

Old 07-22-2011, 09:42 PM

Sure..I'm for cutting the military..but the security of our nation is mandated in the Constitution..all this other junk is NOT.

47% of the country pays NO income tax..the underclass has to get some skin in the game..that'll give them a whole new perspective on freeloaders.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:12 PM

Quote:
They dont leave whe they make more profits..they leave when they are taxed and regulated right out of the country..you would, too.
They leave no matter what. The government could one day decide to eliminate every single regulation and companies will still outsource to the Third World.

Quote:
Oversight?

It's called the marketplace. When people don't want something or feel they are being ripped off..they stop buying it.
So you don't think that environmental, safety, and labor regulations are necessary because if the public really cared about a company's policies, they would boycott the company?

Quote:
Sure..I'm for cutting the military..but the security of our nation is mandated in the Constitution..all this other junk is NOT.
Yes, security. Not the baseless and ultimately fruitless meddling in other countries' affairs.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:39 AM

66 posts, read 207,413 times
I would be in favor of recalling the governor if such a process existed in the state laws (which I am uncertain if it does.) Aside from killing HSR and the economic revitalization it would have brought and instating merit pay (which does nothing but teach to the test), his flawed idea of drug screening welfare recipients (of which an overwhelming majority may pass) is committing the state to money that it does not have in order to reimburse these applicants when their tests come back clean.

Selling the state jets was a contradiction after all because the reimbursement for work related travel on commercial flights or driving will inevitably meet or exceed the cost of maintaining two state planes. Especially considering the difficulty of getting into and out of a major focus city that doesn't have long enough runways for many commercial flights. But of course he uses his own jets because an executive has to travel right?

He really has no clue on how government and business operations differ, and that they need to differ because while business has the ever-present opportunity to rip someone off and get away with it, the government is a protective body and accountable to those it protects. If it were not for the legislature, he may have turned the state into a monarchy.

Then we have the issue of trying to make a buck ANYWHERE HE CAN! Regardless of environmental protection and preservation, this must have been what he was talking about in his 7 point plan. Close state parks, allow RV camping in environmentally sensitive areas, etc.

And after all this, the unemployment rate is still in the 10% average, something he promised would change with his 7 point plan. What I can't believe is that the supervisor of elections didn't catch this election fraud, how else did he win???!!!

Old 07-23-2011, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhernandez48 View Post
What I can't believe is that the supervisor of elections didn't catch this election fraud, how else did he win???!!!
Sadly, I believe that he won the election legitimately.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
Sadly, I believe that he won the election legitimately.
Did he represent himself for who he really is when he ran for governor?

..or was he like Obama..and didn't say what his real intentions were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida