U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 03:13 PM

8,380 posts, read 5,111,699 times

Advertisements

Oh, OK. That helps.

Its still going to be hard when you're out of state.
When I was relocating a long time ago, I was told "stop in when you get here and we'll talk". I did and I did get a job. But I had to be here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post
No no no...

I already have 6 years of experience.

I worked 2 years in purchasing/business field. Then 4 in IT.

2 years while I was going to college and 2+ so far out of it.

I'm a Systems Analyst right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 04:20 PM

28 posts, read 22,120 times
Systems Analyst in PA here. When I graduated last May I applied "seriously" to 11 places. By serious, I mean I applied through the website, wrote full cover letters with company addresses, and would even attempt to email HR and the department for the position I was applying for, to try to get a chance. I heard back from one place, saying they were not interested. I was applying for entry level positions with 2 internships on my resume plus some other related experience, and it got me nowhere. I took a full time position here and after one more winter, realized I will go anywhere south even if it is not Florida, so we are also looking into the GA and SC.

I have friends who went down for a month applying for bartending jobs, nobody got hired. I have friends that live in St.Cloud who either lost their jobs or took extreme pay cuts, and are struggling to stay out of foreclosure.

After many years of wanting to live in Florida, having a job and being comfortable is more important which is why I am now considering SC and GA. I would absolutely move to SC or GA without a job lined up using my degree because I can bartend and do other stuff to get by. FL...deff not right now or anytime soon.

Hope that helps, and check out dice.com for IT jobs. Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida