Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 03:47 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,748,451 times

Advertisements

High-Speed Rail Funds Sought By Twenty-Four States, Amtrak
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 04:22 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,296,782 times
No, they all already have it in place and can use the money for maintenance and to expand existing lines!!!! makes perfect sense, they should split that money for the states who have all this figured out and where builders did not build recklesly and pushed people on pastures making it impossible to have comprehensive transit (time/distances wise).

Old 04-06-2011, 04:46 PM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
Yep, 24 states are delusional and Florida led by it's semi-retarded Governor is on-point.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:20 AM

No, what happens is that this idiot doesn't have a clue HOW to start public transit here, his butt has never sat in a bus before....I DO......But I don't have $73 million dollars to get elected Governor of Florida! If I had we would have it build the Right way and making sense to people in no time, remember it doesn't have to take 15 years! Nowhere in the world takes this much!
But in Florida it takes 5 years just to "talk" about it because these ppl have no clue how too and where too out everything to HELP the people who live here.

But don't you find it slightly entertaining how almost every city in US back in the 1900 HAD Light Rail and how it got killed off and now ppl whine about??? Hmmmmm

He should have taken the money but change the project around to meet the DAILY needs of this area! We have a "Streetcar" that runs on 1% of the town!? It's like we are against "electric" and want to fight every freakin war for gas! that's retarded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Yep, 24 states are delusional and Florida led by it's semi-retarded Governor is on-point.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:48 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Amtrak is barely used by the American public. Adding additional lines aren't cost effective for the consumer/passenger. It would be a massive waste of money.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:55 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Please do some research before stating we fight wars for gas.

In Afghanistan for instance, we want 3 trillion dollars worth of Lithium.

There was no light rail in 1900. They still had steam powered locomotives in the few places that had trains running around town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
No, what happens is that this idiot doesn't have a clue HOW to start public transit here, his butt has never sat in a bus before....I DO......But I don't have $73 million dollars to get elected Governor of Florida! If I had we would have it build the Right way and making sense to people in no time, remember it doesn't have to take 15 years! Nowhere in the world takes this much!
But in Florida it takes 5 years just to "talk" about it because these ppl have no clue how too and where too out everything to HELP the people who live here.

But don't you find it slightly entertaining how almost every city in US back in the 1900 HAD Light Rail and how it got killed off and now ppl whine about??? Hmmmmm

He should have taken the money but change the project around to meet the DAILY needs of this area! We have a "Streetcar" that runs on 1% of the town!? It's like we are against "electric" and want to fight every freakin war for gas! that's retarded!

Old 04-07-2011, 10:27 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,300,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Amtrak is barely used by the American public. Adding additional lines aren't cost effective for the consumer/passenger. It would be a massive waste of money.
I've used Amtrak a few times and it's great. It's biggest problem outside of the DC-Boston corridor is that it usually doesn't own its own tracks, meaning it has to pull over whenever a freight train comes through.

On that note, I think it's ridiculous that, six years later, Amtrak has not been restored between Jacksonville and New Orleans due to Hurricane Katrina.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:02 AM

Maybe if it was faster! It blows my mind to know that my country of origin has had speed trains for the last century and we can't get one to run through the US!

It took us 6 hours from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale! OMG! I could have walked and got there faster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post

Old 04-07-2011, 11:08 AM

Check out the photo below and look right in the middle of the street and you will see a trolley......both trolley or Light Rail are electric!

Lithium Schmithium....who cares.....that's a lot of BILLIONS of dollars that could go straight towards the American Public that we're wasting.

We have skewed priorities......look at other countries who are SELF SUFFICIENT....and don't need world's petroleum and lithium and crap.....we can do just fine we our resources, they know that, we know that.......but it is easier NOT to care than to care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Please do some research before stating we fight wars for gas.

In Afghanistan for instance, we want 3 trillion dollars worth of Lithium.

There was no light rail in 1900. They still had steam powered locomotives in the few places that had trains running around town.
Attached Thumbnails
can they all be wrong?-800px-tampafranklinstreetnorth.jpg  

Old 04-07-2011, 12:00 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
I think the last # I heard is U.S. gives aid to 160 countries.

Litium, who cares? OK.

Skewed priorities? OK.

What ever you think.

Trolleys are a far cry from light rail.

If you dislike the way we do it in the USA, I am sure another country will
welcome you with open arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Check out the photo below and look right in the middle of the street and you will see a trolley......both trolley or Light Rail are electric!

Lithium Schmithium....who cares.....that's a lot of BILLIONS of dollars that could go straight towards the American Public that we're wasting.

We have skewed priorities......look at other countries who are SELF SUFFICIENT....and don't need world's petroleum and lithium and crap.....we can do just fine we our resources, they know that, we know that.......but it is easier NOT to care than to care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida