U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-13-2011, 08:38 PM

6,629 posts, read 5,323,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahastar View Post
Oh, No! That will make you a tourist!
I don't mind being a tourist, I just don't want to be around them too often.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 08:39 PM

6,629 posts, read 5,323,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan in Orlando View Post
Florida has its own serious problems at least as much as other places. If you need to work, I strongly recommend you line up a job before moving here. Unemployment is high and wages traditionally low in our service economy. The economy is not good at all and may very take a decade or two to recover. Even highly-qualified employees tend not to be treated well or even fairly due to the supply/demand situation and Florida being a right-to-work state.

You probably wouldn't enjoy being without power for two weeks in August as we were during the 2004 hurricane trifecta. We felt very fortunate to have clean water! This kind of experience gives such a special meaning to the phrase, "We aren't all on vacation."

If you do come down and don't like it you can always relocate. At least you won't always wonder what it would have been like. Sorry we can't paint a rosier picture but we are being honest with you.

Good luck.
I appreciate the honesty, that's why I came to the forums. Thank you!

Old 04-19-2011, 04:26 PM

1 posts, read 352 times
Hi im been in hawaii for 11 yr and getting alittle sick of it and thinging of moving to tx or fl but im not sure where to go any help would be a great help !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida