Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 09:57 AM

4 posts, read 13,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelovelaugh29 View Post
I've lived in Poinc since "99",yes it was quiet and easy to get in and out and you barely heard of any problems. Yes now there has been some issues but it happens everywhere. When it comes to the cops,choppers etc it isn't as much as some have said. Overall I've lived in the osceola and polk county side,I have 3 kids and "NEVER HAVE I HAD ANY PROBLEMS." From what I've seen the trouble spots have been getting cleaned out lil by little. Example "The Farm Store"
thats true i been here since 2000 and i wouldn't go to the farm store for nothing..but its getting better with time..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 07:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,734 times
The crime here in poinciana is very high. Me and my family only moved here 5 months ago and have had our home attempted to be broke into, during the day time and have witnessed drug deals and had a drug house next door and live only 2 streets from where a womans body was found dead...Poinciana is not a place to raise kids, it is dangerous.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hm2009 View Post
The crime here in poinciana is very high. Me and my family only moved here 5 months ago and have had our home attempted to be broke into, during the day time and have witnessed drug deals and had a drug house next door and live only 2 streets from where a womans body was found dead...Poinciana is not a place to raise kids, it is dangerous.
Whatever I was raised in poinciana! I was there when it use to be mainly white people and there were deers crossing the road! I saw the change! If u r a good parent you can make sure that your kid makes something of themselves no matter where they live!

Old 06-04-2012, 09:43 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,895,213 times
It didn't take more than 2 hours just driving around Poinciana to realize it's not a very good place,we even walked in the Publix to get a glimpse of the atmosphere and this reinforced my views.If you think Poinciana is a nice place then you must come from somewhere worse.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,351 times
I moved this past November from a nice town in Pennsylvania.. I am a white female and am not scared AT ALL in Poinciana.. my neighbors are nice.. no one bothers me.. there is crime anywhere you go - how can you determine that it wasn't a nice place by walking into the Publix? Because you saw Spanish people? Pretty sad...

Old 08-21-2012, 06:59 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,895,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixiepenny View Post
I moved this past November from a nice town in Pennsylvania.. I am a white female and am not scared AT ALL in Poinciana.. my neighbors are nice.. no one bothers me.. there is crime anywhere you go - how can you determine that it wasn't a nice place by walking into the Publix? Because you saw Spanish people? Pretty sad...
We live in Miami and were looking at houses in Orlando when the market crashed.What we saw in Poinciana was an area which was not maintained,dozens and dozens of foreclosed houses that had been broken into, some with people squatting in them and a general atmosphere that did not feel like a nice,safe neighborhood.This however was 4-5 years ago so I guess things could have changed for the better,I can just express what I experienced.As far as the Publix thing,I think your thinking is way off base there because not only am I Hispanic but my local Publix stores are probably 3/4 Hispanic,so that has nothing to do with it.When I walk into my local Publix I don't have some guy in a low rider staring me down like I did in Poinciana.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,944 times
Compared to Camden, NJ. Poinciana has a low crime rate. But considering that the crimes that occur in Poinciana, FL generally go unreported on the television news, it may be more of an illusion really. Additionally, Gang related crimes rarely get reported to police unless homicide or critical injuries are sustained.

It may appear quiet because we're out in the middle of nowhere. But the sheriff helicopters flying overhead are just as obvious as what I've seen in Miami, Baltimore etc. The difference here is that it's less frequent as opposed to year round crime waves in other cities.

The Crimes of choice here appears to be Home Invasions, Assault & Battery, Distribution and Sale of Narcotics, Lewd Behavior, Occupied and Non-Occupied Burglary. An average of once a week there is a report.

For zip code 34759, these are the crimes within a 2 mile radius for the last 30 days.

1. Attempted Murder, Burglary December 1, 2013 at approximately 10:00 p.m. (4 Streets away)

2. Burglary, Sale of Narcotics, Felony Possession of a firearm November 27, 2013 (1.2 Miles away)

3. Attempted Murder, occupied burglary 72-year old female victim was airlifted. November 24, 2013 at approximately 4:45 a.m. (9 Blocks away)

4. aggravated battery. Victim was in her driveway getting in her vehicle when she felt someone grab her from behind On November 8, 2013 at approximately 1:00 a.m (2 miles away)

So yes, it is relatively low compared to a national average per capita. One issue most residents face is enforcement of non-violent crimes. Don't expect your local sheriff to respond to regular noise complaints from Dirt bikes and ATV at late hours or Sub woofers from the losers car next door.

With an exploding population of renters and fleeing homeowners come more transient minded individuals. People from other countries and cities in the U.S. call Poinciana, FL home when they first arrive to the state due to the low property values and abundant rental homes in the area.

They never expected Poinciana, FL to swell to the 100,000 resident mark. The end result is poorly planned streets, An ineffective Home Owners Association, and a ton of good people with bad habits.

Thankfully, this is still considered gun country. It's a miracle more people aren't shot out here over petty differences.

Old 08-02-2015, 09:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,434 times
lol this is too funny they make poinciana out to be a hood. every area has its crimes not just da point... Its very peaceful cheap and a great place to live. mixed culture its not that serious how you guys are making it i lived here for 12 years back and forth

Old 08-02-2015, 09:59 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puertorico411 View Post
Whatever I was raised in poinciana! I was there when it use to be mainly white people and there were deers crossing the road! I saw the change! If u r a good parent you can make sure that your kid makes something of themselves no matter where they live!

No crime then?

What happened?

Old 08-02-2015, 07:46 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,396,690 times
Well me and my girlfriend would never live there. But if you like gangs, crime, and being out in the middle of nowhere, you will love "da point". Go for it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida