U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 04-14-2011, 01:52 AM
 
Location: Ormond Beach, FL
61 posts, read 106,947 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Frankmaraschino, I read your post and all I have to say is, if you don't like Florida, get the hell out of my state and go somewhere else where you will be more content. We don't need your politics here. We are happy being a swing state. I cannot believe some people here actually want us to be like California or New York! Have you seen what a colossal mess they are?!! The last thing ANY state needs is to adopt anything resembling California! Take your politics and hit the road! Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!
I'll make a deal with you, Allen. The next time I drive across the border from Georgia and any one of the following conditions are met, I will take leave of your imperial dominion, this noble swath of land we vassals in our depthless and unpardonable ignorance have been calling "Florida."

The welcome sign reads one of the following:

1. "Welcome to allenk893 -- The Sunshine State"
2. "Welcome to Florida -- the allenk893 State"
3. "Welcome to allenk893's Home -- Now get the f*** out unless you swing"
4. "Welcome to Hell -- allenk893 Governor. Let the doorknob hit ya where the dog shoulda bit ya"
5. "Welcome to Florida -- allenk893 reminds you to remain colossally tidy or he'll deport your liberal a** to New York or California where you can hang out with the rest of your dope-smoking, lemonade stand-taxing, freedom-trampling, bald eagle-killing, lay around on your couch all day living on my hard-earned tax dollars watching Jerry Springer and eating Cheetos and wiping your orange grimy hands on your shirt, gay-sex freak friends"
6. "Welcome to Florida -- You hate the troops, don't you. allenk893 thought so. Liberal pansy."

Or:

7. You're at the Welcome Center handing out free orange juice.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-14-2011, 08:23 AM
 
Location: bold new city of the south
4,904 posts, read 1,977,808 times
Reputation: 5614
Does this mean you are moving? We are diminished.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2011, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Lincoln County Road or Armageddon
3,586 posts, read 2,711,525 times
Reputation: 4455
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen000483 View Post
did any of your teacher friends ever have a chat with you regarding your spelling?
Lol.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2011, 07:51 PM
 
Location: Western Broward sprawl
146 posts, read 105,356 times
Reputation: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
A native Floridian with ties to most of the south, registered Democrat who does not vote party lines. As was said above, socially liberal, fiscally conservative. I think our current governor just wants to cut monies, whereever. Isn't that the job. I have teacher friends, teacher clients, teacher relatives and I think they should have to pay some of their pension cost and some of their medical costs. Why should they be different than the private sector ? And that "drop" program was a rape of system and sooooo many were doing it. I think it is funny when people start acting like public employees are sooo special and especially teachers. I have two teacher clients who took advantage of the drop program and also several police officers I know. Here in Lakeland, it has become a local scandel.
Some people never cease to amaze me. In the wake of one of the largest financial frauds in modern history which wrecked our economy and consequently led state revenue to plummet across the country, we didn't go after Wall Street execs. Not a single high-level financier was prosecuted and sent to prison. Those folks are still enjoying their summers in the Hamptons, winters in Palm Beach, and opulent Upper East Side penthouses.

But those damn teachers and public sector workers, on the other hand!!!! Bringing down American society, I tell you!!!!!



Here's one area in which I do agree with the Tea Partiers. This country is on the wrong track...no country in the world can remain prosperous for long with so many ignorant and/or totally misinformed people. After the Tea Party succeeds in lynching the teachers and public sector workers, who are they going to go after next?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2011, 05:44 AM
 
12,009 posts, read 11,529,878 times
Reputation: 8367
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGator487 View Post
After the Tea Party succeeds in lynching the teachers and public sector workers, who are they going to go after next?
They'll probably go after the 13 million minimum wage workers, particularly in cities where the wage is higher than the federal minimum due to cost of living restraints and high demand.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2011, 10:53 AM
 
4,755 posts, read 4,078,116 times
Reputation: 1739
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGator487 View Post
Some people never cease to amaze me. In the wake of one of the largest financial frauds in modern history which wrecked our economy and consequently led state revenue to plummet across the country, we didn't go after Wall Street execs. Not a single high-level financier was prosecuted and sent to prison. Those folks are still enjoying their summers in the Hamptons, winters in Palm Beach, and opulent Upper East Side penthouses.

But those damn teachers and public sector workers, on the other hand!!!! Bringing down American society, I tell you!!!!!



Here's one area in which I do agree with the Tea Partiers. This country is on the wrong track...no country in the world can remain prosperous for long with so many ignorant and/or totally misinformed people. After the Tea Party succeeds in lynching the teachers and public sector workers, who are they going to go after next?
Most Tea partiers opposed the bailouts too. If it were up to the TP, those wall st execs would have gone down in flames
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2011, 05:41 PM
 
114 posts, read 137,132 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Most Tea partiers opposed the bailouts too. If it were up to the TP, those wall st execs would have gone down in flames
yeah, they couldn't take on the wall street exec's so the tough guys turned their anger to those fat cat....teachers?? lmao! with their lavish lifestyles working two jobs and driving a 8 year old camry...THEY are destroying america!!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2011, 07:57 PM
 
Location: Lincoln County Road or Armageddon
3,586 posts, read 2,711,525 times
Reputation: 4455
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen000483 View Post
yeah, they couldn't take on the wall street exec's so the tough guys turned their anger to those fat cat....teachers?? lmao! with their lavish lifestyles working two jobs and driving a 8 year old camry...THEY are destroying america!!!
I agree. What kind of society declares war on it's teachers? After the teachers and public employees are destroyed, I wonder who'll be next.

Fools-every last one of them.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2011, 09:04 PM
 
4,755 posts, read 4,078,116 times
Reputation: 1739
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen000483 View Post
yeah, they couldn't take on the wall street exec's so the tough guys turned their anger to those fat cat....teachers?? lmao! with their lavish lifestyles working two jobs and driving a 8 year old camry...THEY are destroying america!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
I agree. What kind of society declares war on it's teachers? After the teachers and public employees are destroyed, I wonder who'll be next.

Fools-every last one of them.
Ask the average taxpayer in CA NY or NJ what public sector unions have done in those states to property, sales and income taxes.

Unions vs. Taxpayers - WSJ.com

I have no love of greedy wall st. execs, but greedy public sector unions get no love from me either.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2011, 08:08 AM
 
Location: Orlando Metro Area
3,204 posts, read 2,920,590 times
Reputation: 1794
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen000483 View Post
yeah, they couldn't take on the wall street exec's so the tough guys turned their anger to those fat cat....teachers?? lmao! with their lavish lifestyles working two jobs and driving a 8 year old camry...THEY are destroying america!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
I agree. What kind of society declares war on it's teachers? After the teachers and public employees are destroyed, I wonder who'll be next.

Fools-every last one of them.
^Excellent posts. It's so sad that many private sector workers have been turned against other working class heroes in public service all over so-called lavish benefits that I feel like the private sector should have too. Why isn't the person getting shafted on health care & retirement by a F500 company standing with the teachers, firefighters, etc and demanding that the things which made the American dream possible be restored to all workers. Instead we've been sold a song and a dance about who's wrecking the economy and this shameful everyman for himself perversion of capitalism lives on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Ask the average taxpayer in CA NY or NJ what public sector unions have done in those states to property, sales and income taxes.

Unions vs. Taxpayers - WSJ.com

I have no love of greedy wall st. execs, but greedy public sector unions get no love from me either.
Come on Chop, you know that a union in a right to work state like Florida is nothing more than a professional membership. Whoohoo, a discount at the Red Roof Inn or free admission to Sea World. I will agree with you, in states like NJ the union does little to help the children and doesn't eliminate bad teachers. I'm all for teachers being held accountable, but not by other people's test scores. Do it like private enterprise, have a boss evaluate you, spend time in the classroom and see if you are doing a good job, then have them make a decision on pay and job security. That's how any other job does it, no automatic security, no judging the "dentist" on whether or not his patients go home and floss.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top