Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 08:03 AM

2 posts, read 18,692 times

Advertisements

Hello!!

We are thinking of buying a home in Deland - it is North of 44 and West of rt 17 - 92 . We are looking at the development "Glenwood SPrings" and Forest Trace. (Minnesota Ave) These are off of N. Springarden. We are concerned about the crime rate for the zipcode 32720 it is 3x the national average for personal crime, burglary and assault. The Deland area code 32724 (which is less than 200 yards away on the other side of 17-92 (North Springarden Ave) is all less than half the national crime rate stats on the above.

What's up with that??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 08:16 AM

2 posts, read 18,692 times
Smile Saddlebrook - Deland

Hello I don't know if you saw my reply today but we too are looking at homes in Deland We are looking North West of Stetson so we are looking at Heritage Place (Adams brick homes), Forest Trace (Holiday homes, and Glenwood Springs. These places are off of N. Spring Garden up 17-92.

I also love trees so the more the better - I am from New Hampshire so I am surrounded by national parkland. I am just a little concerned with the crime stats for some areas of the city.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:43 PM

8 posts, read 66,117 times
Hello,
My husband and I are thinking of moving to Deland. We visited the Saddlebrook development (zip code 32724) and like it very much. Yes...we are also concerned about the crime rate in Deland and other cities. I would love to hear from people living in Deland and their experiences. Good Luck!

Old 01-12-2009, 03:01 PM

To Blondie710. Thanks very much for your reply with great information about Deland area. My husband and I are looking for a small new home (or an old one in good condition) in a nice neighborhood without a lot of amenities or club house. We do want a community with a HOA. As I mentioned before, we visited Saddlebrook and we both liked it. We are planning to go back and stay longer, so we can check the area and research crime rate etc. etc. Also, we want to visit other communities in Deland and in the rest of Central Florida. Thanks for the link to Deland police logs...it will come handy. I will keep you posted of any other neighborhood we visit in the future. Thanks again.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:18 PM

To Blondie 710. Hope everything is well with you. We went back to Deland and visited The Highlands subdivision. There is any information you can give about this area?. Thanks again.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:52 AM

48 posts, read 236,192 times
We just returned from a vacation in Deland. We went as a family, my parents, my sister and her five year old daughter, and my husband, our five year old daughter and myself. We loved every second of the vacation. We found Deland to be the perfect location. It is close to everything, Daytona Beach, Orlando, Lake George, everything we like to do was within an hours drive. We already put our names on the waiting list for the condo next year. Next year we might drive out to the west coast, we hear that is only about a two hour drive.
Deland is nice because it has enough shops and restaurants and the all important superWalmart but it is still small and easy to drive in. The people were very friendly everywhere we went. The weather was beautiful the whole time we were there, it was warmer then Daytona, a little cooler than Orlando.
We were able to rent a pontoon boat for 100/day and cruise around the river looking at alligators. We were able to see manitees at Blue Springs.
It was the perfect family vacation. We aren't night life people, so I can't attest to that part of the town, but it offerred the perfect atmosphere for a laid back, relaxing family vacation.
I just wanted to add my two cents, we fell in love with the town and can't wait to get back there.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:37 PM

1. We went back to Deland and visited The Highlands new community been built by Gallery Homes at Ridgewood Avenue and Minnesota Avenue. We also visited Willow Ridge Subdivision at Blue Lake Road and East Minnesota. Is anyone familiar with those areas and with the builders? I would really appreciate any information you can give me. We are still looking for a place to buy a house in Deland. Thanks again in advance.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:53 AM

1 posts, read 9,032 times
Default Great Builder in Deland - Debary Area

High I highly recommend Empire Custom Builders - Check out the website - I think its Empirecustombuilders.net. Excellent customer service and great rep in the loal area. Built several homes in that area and commercial buildings too. All price ranges too.Ask around for yourself - everyone knows of them.
Good Luck

Old 05-02-2009, 12:07 PM

Thanks dj1023 for your info. I will check out Empire Custom Builders.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:37 PM

1 posts, read 8,491 times
I would also like to ask you to check out Cross Creek Subdivision,located off of Spring Garden Ave.I moved here from Maryland 3 years ago and I fell in love with this small town and our little friendly neighborhood of Waterford brick homes,we are located close to the town limits but we still have kept our country atmosphere a very quite community of beauiful kept yards and plenty of tropical plantings.We only have a few resale homes in our community available and a few building lots left.We haven't experienced a high turn over here due to our commuinity watch, and our wonderful DeLand Police force they have a no tolerance for law breakers and we have a low crime rate.We would love to see you visit our community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida