U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 05:53 AM

67 posts, read 200,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgirl3333 View Post
What should I expect in regards to this subject? Any suggestions?
When I was there in late March, traffic was CRAZY around the I-95 / Palm Coast Pkwy interchange. As soon as I got away from 95, though, it wasn't bad at all. Again, sorry, but I can't speak beyond that. We traveled from Daytona to PC on US1 - we went back on I-95; US1 was a MUCH EASIER drive between the two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 07:11 AM

20 posts, read 34,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Js81 View Post
When I was there in late March, traffic was CRAZY around the I-95 / Palm Coast Pkwy interchange. As soon as I got away from 95, though, it wasn't bad at all. Again, sorry, but I can't speak beyond that. We traveled from Daytona to PC on US1 - we went back on I-95; US1 was a MUCH EASIER drive between the two.

How much time would you do from Daytona to PC? I was looking for a job in Daytona but i dont want to be driving too much since i dont know the place. Ill rather have a part time job in PC even if its nothing related to my career but just to have a little income meanwhile I search for somehting worth it. As per my husband to be he is used to driving 45 mins to work now so he wouldnt mind the drive outside of PC.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:48 AM

742 posts, read 991,494 times
What you think of the traffic depends on what you're used to. People who remember when PC had 1 traffic light think it's terrible now. People who have lived in big cities think it's nothing at all. Personally, I'm delighted with such light traffic here. I don't commute to Daytona Beach, so I'm not sure how that drive is during "rush hour." I think we live 23 miles from Daytona and it takes maybe 20 minutes to get there on a weekend, depending where you need to go.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:44 AM

17 posts, read 27,424 times
I am starting to think the Palm Coast distractors are residents who don't want anymore people in this lovely new community. If you go there you will see a pristine well kept town that is forging its way ahead in a very non-intrusive way. The standards are high and the people are wonderful. There is plenty of shopping available, parks, trails, and the beach is close at hand. The most telling stats are crime rates which are very low compared to the national average. It's a great hub with St. Augustine, Orlando, and Daytona within close distance. As far as jobs I could see that being difficult but if you can live here and commute or find a job right in Palm Coast it just might be that little slice of heaven your looking for as a family.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgirl3333 View Post
How much time would you do from Daytona to PC? I was looking for a job in Daytona but i dont want to be driving too much since i dont know the place. Ill rather have a part time job in PC even if its nothing related to my career but just to have a little income meanwhile I search for somehting worth it. As per my husband to be he is used to driving 45 mins to work now so he wouldnt mind the drive outside of PC.
I am absolutely no expert... don't live in the area yet (but would love to). I agree with Sheepie's estimate - when I came from DB to PC this past March, it took me about 20 mins or so on US 1 (a little longer on 95). That was on a weekday (Tuesday?) around 10am. Its not a bad drive from Daytona to Palm Coast (imho).

And I agree about the traffic, too - it all depends on where you're from. I'm from a tiny town of 6,000, but I've driven all over the U.S. Personally, I don't think PC is bad at all, though it was really busy near the interchange I mentioned.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:07 PM

Default Thnx for updates

It seems that my move to PC is looking great! Hope to move by late july or beginning of August all depends on how fast we can get our stuff together. Im really looking forward to our move and enjoy nature at its best! Thank you all for your feedback...

Old 04-22-2011, 09:18 PM

1,303 posts, read 3,240,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Js81 View Post
Obviously, there was an accident. Not your normal traffic pattern.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg II View Post
Obviously, there was an accident. Not your normal traffic pattern.
I never saw anything, but it did seem quite unusual that the traffic was so heavy there but nowhere else. I could barely get in and out of the McDonald's nearby b/c of the traffic.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:21 AM

Default RN Salary

Where would an RN with 7+ yrs of experience in the ER dept. get a better salary, Palm Coast or Daytona?
Any other suggestions are welcomed..

Old 05-11-2011, 06:30 PM

1,303 posts, read 3,240,862 times
I would assume Daytona, just because it's larger & busier than the hospital in Flagler, but I'm totally ignorant of wages in the medical field.

This is the hospital in Daytona:

Welcome To Halifax Medical Center : : Jobngs

and here's the one in Flagler:

Careers

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida