Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2006, 03:56 AM

5 posts, read 19,705 times

Advertisements

For me, it has less to do with the taxes and insurance situation than the actual prices being asked.

I would have a real hard time paying $150k-$200k for a little house that I know last sold for less than half that price just 3 years ago.

Greed is why sellers aren't selling. Pure and simple. ...At least that's why this buyer is't buying. List your house for a fair price, and maybe I'll take a look at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2006, 07:30 AM

34 posts, read 35,191 times
I agree it's ridiculous. But while you won't pay it, someone from the Northeast will sell their house for $400-600k and come down here and buy it and have extra money to spare. That's the problem right now is that people are coming down here not negoitiating a fair price and just taking the first thing they see. In return, they have extra money in the bank from their house they paid off in the North and they live like kings down here.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:37 AM

2,209 posts, read 7,655,019 times
Uh, people in general from the NE are FLEEING from being overburdened with debt and taxation ( in the land of the free )

Very few are coming to Fla in the context mentioned

Old 08-28-2006, 07:40 AM

34 posts, read 35,191 times
I don't know what part of Florida that you live in but I live in New Port Richey (which is part of the Tampa area) and over half the people that live here are from the Northeast and 30% are from the Midwest. Everywhere you go around here you see people wearing NY Yankee hats and New England Patriots giving me the feeling that I'm in the Northeast.

I feel bad for them having that debt but they don't need to turn Florida into New England (but that's exactly what is happening).

Old 08-28-2006, 07:48 AM

2,209 posts, read 7,655,019 times
Thankfully we're not neighbors weatherfordfan

Old 08-28-2006, 09:04 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,151,799 times
there's a general gut feeling sweeping the country right now about high fuel costs, high energy costs, and, yes, also high real estate prices. I wouldn't want to be a politician running for re-election in this environment.

Old 08-28-2006, 02:13 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,084,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J'Mo View Post
For me, it has less to do with the taxes and insurance situation than the actual prices being asked.

I would have a real hard time paying $150k-$200k for a little house that I know last sold for less than half that price just 3 years ago.

Greed is why sellers aren't selling. Pure and simple. ...At least that's why this buyer is't buying. List your house for a fair price, and maybe I'll take a look at it.

I wish I could get a "nice little house" for $150k here in south florida! They tend to start in the high $200s and most of the houses that "cheap" arent much to look at or in a less desirable neighboor. It has become a place for the richer people and those who bought a house years ago. I am a first time buyer who wants to move out of my parents house. The only thing affordable here are mobile homes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida