Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 06:19 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
ftlauderdale, you are wanted here too man. if your a good citizen, good person, etc... i dont care where you are from my homey.
United as Floridians! Now if only we can get more people that want to identify themselves at Floridians...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 06:52 PM

262 posts, read 937,770 times
Default Floridian - what comes to mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Tom Petty, Velda Farms, The Orange Mascot of the Orange Bowl Parade, U of M FL ST and Gator football, Ronnie Van Zandt (Lynard Skynard)....
Also........

Beegees, Jimmy Buffett, Lawton Chiles, Janet Reno, Bob Graham, Marjorie Stoneman Douglas, Carl Hiassen, Tim Dorsey etc etc....

To me, "Floridian" means someone who loves the state and what makes it special - and this will differ from person to person. But it would always mean someone who appreciates the natural beauty the state has to offer.

And regarding "natives" - my feeling is that the only real Florida natives are the Caloosa, Miccosukee and so on.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:16 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,161,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoaster View Post
Also........

Beegees, Jimmy Buffett, Lawton Chiles, Janet Reno, Bob Graham, Marjorie Stoneman Douglas, Carl Hiassen, Tim Dorsey etc etc....

To me, "Floridian" means someone who loves the state and what makes it special - and this will differ from person to person. But it would always mean someone who appreciates the natural beauty the state has to offer.

And regarding "natives" - my feeling is that the only real Florida natives are the Caloosa, Miccosukee and so on.
Super meaning!!!!!

Old 07-31-2007, 07:23 PM

573 posts, read 2,442,820 times
Flip flops, tank tops and shorts....Key West!
Hey, wait, that's what I wear everyday...I must be a floridian..close enough, been here half my life! Actually, pick up a Bealls flyer...that is the biggest FL cliche if I've ever seen one...where do people wear that stuff! It's too hot here! hehehe

Old 07-31-2007, 07:29 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
I had to think about this. I've lived in Pensacola, Miami and Orlando, where I am now. I believe the word I would use is "progressive" (or at least trying to be).

Old 07-31-2007, 07:39 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
floridabound09, we want you here. dont think that you are not wanted here.
Thank you.... I only hope I add to your state and not ever want to take away from it. I AM NOT moving there to change or destroy it in anyway, I like it just the way it is and actually would do whatever I can to not de culture the history of Florida. It's called respect, I respect the state for what is was and is.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:40 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
Super meaning!!!!!
I agree......

Fits me to the T.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:41 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
Whoops - I lived in Melbourne too in high school. Lived at the beach sigh.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:05 PM

262 posts, read 937,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Thank you.... I only hope I add to your state and not ever want to take away from it. I AM NOT moving there to change or destroy it in anyway, I like it just the way it is and actually would do whatever I can to not de culture the history of Florida. It's called respect, I respect the state for what is was and is.
Floridabound, you will be very welcome here - and you're sounding like a floridian already.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:16 PM

143 posts, read 871,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post

look forward to you moving tomorrow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida