Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 06:31 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,191,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoZmiC NinJa View Post
Geat stuff On 2 Fast 2 Furious, Sunrico !!
Bot sez I need to spread more points around
before I can hit you up again or I would have !

Heres an interesting link......
List of films and television shows set in Miami - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My whole life Ive been on a quest to find out where Deep Throat was
filmed.....Eureka !!
And, Scarface....who woulda thought !
Deep throat was filmed in Florida. I don't know if it still is, but it used to be the answer to a trivia question. What is the highest grossing film made in Florida?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 05:12 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,158,830 times
Lightbulb TV spy series to film in Pompano on Friday

Scenes from the season finale episode of Burn Notice will be filmed from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Merritt boatyard on Northeast 16th Street, 14th Street Causeway and Alsdorf Park on Northeast 14th Street

Old 08-09-2007, 10:26 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,489,855 times
The movie Gone Fishing with Danny Glover and Joe Pecsi (sp?) was filmed in Naples Florida

Old 08-10-2007, 06:54 AM

495 posts, read 2,328,793 times
Doc Hollywood (1991)

Doc Hollywood filmed in cosmolpolitan Micanopy

Also Cross Creek, filmed in Micanopy too.

Cross Creek (1983)

Ize been a workin in Reddicks Feed N Seed in Micanopy jus waiting to be discovered by a Hollywood agent but no luck so far.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:59 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,210,879 times
Interesting Trivia....

I had a friend who had a bit part in the movie Gone Fishing

The movie [color="black"]My Girl[/COLOR] with Dan Aykroyd, Jamie Lee Curtis and Macauley Caulkin was filmed largely in Sanford. The home of Dan Aykroyd and Macauley Caulkin (the funeral home in the movie) is actually the home of friends of ours.

The move D.A.R.Y.L. was filmed in Orlando and the brick school in the film was the one my husband attended as a child - Kaley Elementary.

[color="black"]Problem Child 2[/COLOR] filmed in O-town prominently displayed the BIG ORANGE that used to sit at I 4 and Lee Road and also what used to be the "Booby Trap" on Lee Road....and those of you who have seen it - know what I'm talking about. It's now called Club Harem.

The Waterboy (Deland) has already been mentioned, but Steve Martin's Parenthood was also filmed in Orlando.

Sylvester Stallone's gangster film, Oscar, was also filmed in Orlando. But I don't think many people saw it.

We bought a copy of Earnest Saves Christmas just so we could see the old Science Center and the views of downtown Orlando as Santa's sleigh flys by. ...then there's great views of the old 408 toll plaza.

Tom Cruise with "Days of Thunder" filmed in Daytona Beach. I remember watching Orlando's former City Hall blown up and the film was used for a scene in "Lethal Weapon 3".

And last but not least....who could forget The Blair Witch Projectfilmed by a couple of UCF students.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:03 PM

1 posts, read 4,640 times
Wink Re: Porky Baines

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
Porkies was a real place by the way, Porky Baines was a good friend or ours. Did you used to go there?
Porkies, the Torch club, that my dad had an interest in and the Banyon club that was Mafia owned were the notorious places. Blaze Starr (use google) used to appear at the torch club and was an occasional house guest. Imagine a 9 year old boy sharing a bathroom with Blaze Starr. Maybe thats what wrong with me.

Hey Macguy,
My father used to do some accounting work for Porky. That was so long ago now. The way my father told it - what I recall of his talk on this topic anyway - was that Porky had done something 'wrong', had overstepped some boundary, and a Family member took him out. I also recall he had a parrot or a cockatoo at the bar that had been popular.

Cordially,
Kris Gibbons

Old 07-02-2009, 03:10 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,455,683 times
Marly & Me was filmed in Miami-Dade and Broward County I believe. Bird Cage with Robin Williams was in Miami.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:43 PM

1,978 posts, read 4,406,216 times
I would like to see South Florida become the next Hollywood. -- Except that the sign might not be as visible from a distance.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:49 PM

433 posts, read 953,134 times
"There is something about Mary" -> Great Comedy

Old 07-04-2009, 04:06 PM

Location: I will be escaping Suck City and landing in Tampa in December
346 posts, read 910,629 times
One of my favorite movies "Out of Sight" (Steven Soderbergh, J Lo, George Clooney, Don Cheedle) was filmed, partially, in Miami, Fl...

Also, Burn Notice (USA) is filmed exclusively in Miami....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida