U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 03:20 AM

772 posts, read 1,622,717 times

Advertisements

Its a no brainer!! One of the Lower Islands of the Florida Keys its got suburban feel in marathon the nice scenery/beaches/teal blue water in big pine and Bahia honda state park and the swimming hole on Ramrod Key plus with your money you can still finds a place to park a boat out back too!! you will be living!! every once in awhile you can go to key west and get your drunk on Hemingway style!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 05:44 PM

2 posts, read 2,786 times
May be a bit north for you but Vero Beach is very nice.

white lion moving company blogger group

White Lion Moving Systems of South Florida, Inc./White Lion Storage- 1-800- White Lion- South Florida, West Palm Beaches, Central Florida

Old 08-09-2014, 09:45 AM

2 posts, read 2,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christinedior22 View Post
we just moved to Weston and I feel like i live in Venezuela. They are all rude, ignorant and loud people. They don't hold doors, they don't say excuse me, the smoke everywhere (including in front of the YMCA), they are loud and obnoxious. I wish they would deport them all

What!!! are you kidding me, then who is going to bring all the billions of dollars into the South Florida economy?, The Chinese?

Hey, if you don't like them that is your right, just move.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:50 AM

2 posts, read 2,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkyasp View Post
Hello City-Data.com,

In a few years, I am planning on moving to South Florida with a few relatives, and I would like a few tips on the best areas to live there. Currently, I have Coral Springs in mind but due to my limited experience I would like more suggestions. Here is what I look for in a place to live;

What I'm Looking For;
Nice, hot weather year round.
Good Scenery, preferably suburbs.
Safe, mostly-white neighborhoods.
Low Hurricane Levels (places such as Miami, Coral Springs, and East-South Florida qualify for this).
Low-Medium Population (30,000-100,000 give or take)

What Is Not As Important;
Big Home Prices (We are looking to spend around $750,000 for a home, hence price is not an issue)
Job Market (I run a full time internet business, other relatives already have jobs.)

I apologize if this question has already been asked, but I just need a few suggestions to put in consideration. If you believe that I have chosen the right city (Coral Springs), let me know as well.

Thank you for your time!

I have lived in South FL. for the last 43 years and I find myself making the same decision as well.
Don't get me wrong, I don't have any problem with living next to an educated, cultured and well mannered black family, but the truth is that most black neighborhoods are high in crime, but some White Hispanic, Latinos and White Americans neighborhoods are high crime areas as well and they are found all over the South Florida map.

So, if you are not a racist but discriminate on the basis of individual attitudes and behaviors, then I'll make a few recommendations for you price range:

South West Ranches (large lots) but for your price range you'll find older homes only.
Pembroke Pines
Cooper City
West end of Mirama
r

Closer to the keys (if you like fishing, snorkling or scuba diving)
Pinecrest (high prop.taxes) but good schools.
Palmetto Bay
South Miami (some areas)

Just keep in mind the further North and West you go, the more house and lot size you get for your money.

Best of luck, and again, remember don't judge people based on the color of their skin or ethnic background.

PS:

There are a couple of other areas I am not mentioning, I don't need any more competition in my search for a home

Old 08-10-2014, 04:40 PM

21 posts, read 33,365 times
I agree with Yohimbo1962, "remember don't judge people based on the color of their skin or ethnic background" and hope "you are not a racist but discriminate on the basis of individual attitudes and behaviors" as there is good and bad in everyone.

If you want to know the population mix, the demographics of a town go to google and type in the town, FL. i.e Labelle, FL.

White alone - 2,385 (51.3%)
Hispanic - 1,731 (37.3%)
Black alone - 414 (8.9%)
American Indian alone - 73 (1.6%)
Asian alone - 39 (0.8%)
Two or more races - 4 (0.09%)

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/city/Labell...#ixzz3A217nAKX

Old 08-10-2014, 04:55 PM

2,932 posts, read 3,995,071 times
Naples. Of course you will be surrounded by very "experienced" people...

Old 08-10-2014, 07:34 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,132,277 times
People, this thread is 3 years old.

And why would anybody care what color skin your neighbors have if you all live in a wealthy neighborhood together? People are so openly ignorant it's sad....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or