U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-10-2011, 10:34 AM

41 posts, read 90,459 times

Advertisements

other than craigslist. do you know of any sites where I can look for year round rentals in the florida keys. I would prefer Big Pine and north not really wanting to live all the way iin KW

Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 05:12 PM

209 posts, read 464,757 times
Check out VRBO® is Vacation Rentals By Owner (http://www.vrbo.com - broken link) vacation rentals by owners. We have rented many a home/condos thru them in the Keys and TN/NC mountains. So far no problems. Home Away is another site along with local realtors in the area.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:46 PM

Default I should have been more clear

My appologies, I meant long term rentals not vacation ones. But yes that VRBO was a great site.

I have looked at the online newspapers and found very little. also most google searches end in almost nothing as well. There must be some reputable sites to find long term apartments and condos for rent.

Thank you

Old 05-11-2011, 06:23 PM

6,476 posts, read 13,137,023 times
Have you tried the regular sites like realtor.com

Old 05-12-2011, 09:34 AM

Default Rentals

Yes I did and for instance it came up with only one rental for the entire city or marathon florida. None in key colony bneach and just five in islamorada.

very few and very expensive Cheapest was 2500 a month

maybe I am barking up the wrong tree, but I do appreciate your help

Old 05-12-2011, 05:02 PM

6,476 posts, read 13,137,023 times
The Keys are not cheap. So many things make living in the Keys expensive. The Keys has the highest insurance rates in the state, there is only a certain number of places to live because it is a skinny piece of land that makes up the keys, water is expensive, etc.

I just took a look at realtor.com, a 3/3 in Islamorada for $2500 that is pretty cheap actually for a 3/3 with a dock or access to a dock. The Keys has some newspapers like the Keynoter here is a link to that Front | www.keysnet.com if you look under classified you will see links for rentals.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:43 PM

3,249 posts, read 4,185,351 times
You're best bet down there is to probably get a Realtor. There are a couple sites, but they only list their own properties so you don't get a very good sampling of what's out there.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:46 PM

625 posts, read 573,846 times
It all depends on how big of a place are you looking at?will you need a dock? furnished or unfurnished? how much are willing/looking to spend? I have some friends in the keys who are looking to rent (private) year round. I just bought a place(not for rent) myself in BPK last year. My realtor rents out houses she/and or the real estate company she works for own in the keys. I can't post her info here but message me if you want it. She lives in and works on BPK. Try running an ad in the local keynoter newspaper. With all the rental regulations lots of people prefer word of mouth

Old 05-14-2011, 12:39 PM

3,369 posts, read 7,594,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereshedge View Post
other than craigslist. do you know of any sites where I can look for year round rentals in the florida keys. I would prefer Big Pine and north not really wanting to live all the way iin KW

Thanks
I would recommend reading the Lower Keys Barometer (based out of Big Pine Key), the Keynoter (based out of Marathon), and the Key West Citizen (based out of Key West). All of these papers have classifieds with reasonably-priced rentals listed. Another thing to do is to go to Winn-Dixie or Public and look at the messageboards at the entrance to the store. Many "mom and pop" landlords rent out single-family homes and halves of duplexes by advertising there.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:37 AM

Default Thanks to all

The keynoter had more than I expected and I am sure I am going to have to go down there and look.

Ill probably find a month by month place and then ook for somethig more permanent once I see the neighborhoods I like.

Once again I really appreciate the help I have been giovwen on the forum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida