Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 10:18 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,303,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza54 View Post
Fl drivers, I found, believe the person turning into the main road actually have the right of way. You slow down for them....they need to turn into the straightaway from the neighborhood, the Walmart, wherever- but everyone else slam on ur brakes- they're pulling in whether it's safe or not!
Really? I've noticed that in a dozen other states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 06:51 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,930 times
You're too old to drive,
Cannot see over the wheel,
You look like a corpse.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:34 AM

295 posts, read 1,450,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
You're too old to drive,
Cannot see over the wheel,
You look like a corpse.
Hahahaa!
That will be all of us eventually. When 25 is the new 45 (in miles per hour).

Old 05-17-2011, 08:14 AM

1,388 posts, read 2,386,875 times
quit driving that donk
dumb ass lift kit on that car
it looks like a tank

Old 05-17-2011, 09:37 AM

1,409 posts, read 2,740,279 times
turn signals
are not devices
that drivers use

Old 05-17-2011, 10:29 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,505 times
These posts are kinda funny. I'm a Floridian back to FL after 30+ years in Dallas. It took just a few minutes to see that most drivers in Florida want to drive faster than speed limits in or out of city limits. On major highways if I want to keep up with the pack, I have to drive 90-95. I usually have the road to myself if I stay at the 70 limit. Most drivers stay on my bumper and pass first chance they get moving quickly out of sight. There has to be a reason so many people feel free to drive so fast and I'm guessing it's a shortage of police/sheriff/trooper employees. In Dallas they are everywhere all the time. Something else I see here often is drivers dashing through a light even when it has gone red. In Dallas that would earn a ticket since there are cameras at every intersection. I'm a very good and safe driver and I admit I've given up and I often drive with the pack. But if I'm going only 70, please get off my bumper!

cars today too light
speed means lots of crashes
miss my 57 chevy

P.S. I have to add this since my use of "pack" reminds me of something funny. Many years ago, a co-worker in Dallas was late. When she finally arrived, she was in tears. Her husband and two children had been cranky and horrible getting ready and caused her to start late. Her drive in was on the Dallas Pkwy so she really floored it and a trooper was quickly behind her. She turned on the tears and told him her speedometer was broken. Using a very nice voice, he said, "Well, ma'am, in that case, you should have been following the pack, not leading it."

Old 05-17-2011, 12:02 PM

62 posts, read 114,324 times
I repped up every poster who haiku'd in this thread. I'd do it myself, but I haven't been in Florida long enough to crack witty jokes at it yet.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:20 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,214 times
Get off the phone now
Your conversation can wait
Until you get home

Old 05-17-2011, 12:26 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Florida has the worst driving I've seen in any state but I don't think it's the residents fault.

Not only do you have all the elderly, you have tourists that are unfamiliar with where they are going as well as the foreign tourists that don't know all the rules of the road. Not to mention people are driving rental vehicles which they may not be fully acclimated too.

The locals, no doubt irritated by the tourists and elderly drive like bats out of hell trying to get past them and about their business.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:12 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbyfly View Post
Turn signal-less jerk!
Are you trying to kill me?
Put down the damn phone!
I googled for regulations on drivers using cell phones. This link Cellphone and texting laws has a list showing the few states have banned it with columns for hand-held, young driver, bus driver, texting. Florida is restricting absolutely nothing. Too bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida