U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 09:47 PM

7,928 posts, read 17,755,673 times

Advertisements

Be careful with Azura...expensive and its off a busy rd...there were also quiet a few foreclosures and short sales and I do not believe all the ammenities are finished since Toll Brothers took over.. good luck..You might want to look at Seasons which is across street and definately Woodfield Hunt Club..You dont have to Join the country club for that development..Also check the Preserve beautiful Homes...I visited the schools my children attend/attended and when I see smiling kids and after speaking to people in the school, neighbors of where we were thinking of renting and talking to administration we knew it was the right fit...I agree it doesnt seem the same on paper and I go for the Parent Reviews..there is alot of parent activity in the HS at least at spanish river there is if that is what your looking for...PTSA for Omni Middle also they are looking for people to join I know the X-president of the PTSA and she says they do alot of great things...Education is and was our 1st priority...We needed good schools for our Daughter..and our son but she was the one with the issues that I may add they gave her so much help and extra help that she is now where she needs to be which is a huge accomplishment for her and we could not have done it without the help and support of the school...We did not get that in West Boca or NJ where she went to school
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 10:08 PM

44 posts, read 62,790 times
Please tell me weather and a bigger home are not the only two reasons you wanna move to Florida.

If so please read the thousands of threads written on this subject.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:08 PM

59 posts, read 118,808 times
Enriqueta,
The reason we want to move to Florida is for a better quality of life for ourselves and our children. Yes, part of that is weather and more bag for your buck as far as housing goes. I do believe that people are nicer also and happier living in a warm sunny place. Of course there are all kinds everywhere...however living in a more relaxed atmosphere definitely makes people happier and nicer. My husband and I will be less stressed and happier with a lower cost of living as well.
I hate winters here. The last one was just torture. For most of it we were prisoners in our house. My kids enjoy baseball, golf, basketball and tennis and don't really get maximum time for those sports up north.
Swimmom, thanks so much for pointing out all those things. I will definitely look at the communities you mentioned. However a while ago you told me about a nice rental community and that is where we will be headed initially.
Thanks again everyone!!!

Old 06-05-2011, 08:22 PM

I will tell you though it is not less expensive to live here..lol our expenses are close to our expenses up north minus the property taxes we had up in NJ...Here we rent and plan to for a while we are in no rush to buy anything...but Food is cheaper in NY than here...Car insurance might be a little cheaper that is about the only expense that is less...But we knew that when we moved here and are fine with it..We love South Florida

Old 06-05-2011, 10:27 PM

59 posts, read 118,808 times
Florida has no income tax

Old 06-05-2011, 10:44 PM

that is correct and that is what is great for us with dh and the reason he makes what he did up north, however the cost of living is not lower that was the point I was making.. My food bill is more than my sister's in SI and my parents in NJ...restaurants depending which ones are more to eat out here than there..oh and My Electric bill is less than it was in NJ by alot but we also came from a 5 bedroom house..and we lived in Charlotte for 2 years where the cost of living was very Inexpensive My car and home insurance was very cheap but high state tax but Housing well it was 1/2 of what we spent in NJ and NY so coming here we knew that we were going back to similar cost of living from Up North..but in general like I said a few things are cheaper and a few things are not so it balances itself out in the end...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida