Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 10:56 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,241,493 times

Advertisements

Sunny Days is finally heading to Florida.

After 2 years of planning and being ready to move to Florida we are finally packing and will be heading to Florida soon.

Most of you know we were to be in Florida 2 years ago when my Mother became ill with cancer. So we put off coming for more then a year. My Mother is now resting in peace and in no more pain and we decided it was time to put the house and our rental property back on the market.

Then the husband was handed a position that was unexpected. His boss, the regional supervisor all of a sudden retired and left the company with no one to fill his shoes. So, they offered my husband a ton more money, all kinds of benefits and way too much to turn down for a temporary fill in until they find someone to replace him. His contract was to be for one year or until they found someone to replace him. Then his job as district manager in Florida would be held until such time his replacement is trained and ready to go.

So we took the house off the market once again believing we were going to be here another year and another dreadful winter.

2 weeks ago the company said they may have found a replacement and will be doing some interviews but one person stood out to them and was interviewed earlier this week. He did almost the same type of job for another company and had exactly the experience and background they wanted and they hired him!!!! Thank goodness.

They are asking for 2-3 weeks training and we are out of here baby. If the company sees he can do the job before that we are on our way as soon as we can pack the trucks and head to sunny Florida.

We have begun re packing to be ready to head to FLA BABY within a few days notice. Beds are down, totes and boxes are filled, even the dog got his shots all caught up and we are ready to roll.

When the word comes down Sunny and family are heading finally to Florida!!!

We are so excited folks. Its been more then 2 years and we are finally coming to FLA.

Hopefully I can then post in my own Success Stories of those who moved to Florida someday soon.

And I am going to do a play by play, state by state road trip.

Reading Alaska/Florida kash roadtrip was awesome. One of the fav all time post here was from several years ago Oceandreams94 long before I found CD but her story was simply amazing.

Thanks to all my Florida friends who have been so helpful and nice to us, answered our questions, send us fantastic dms and kept telling us it will happen when the time is right. We never gave up hope and we really appreciate it.

Everything happens for a reason.

Get ready folks, Sunny and the crew are finally heading to Florida.

Put out another group of chairs and get the BBQ going.

I cannot believe it, we have not slept well since Monday night and we are so excited.

Sorry for the long rant but my goodness, 2 years is a long time to have a dream that has been going on for more then 20 years.

No more cold, snow or ice, no more sinus problems, no more broken arms, no more sliding off the roads, no more black ice, no more sitting in the house for months on end.

Sunny Days is finally coming to Florida
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 11:22 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,281,087 times
Congrats Sunny as i know this has been long coming for you guys

Welcome Home!!!

Old 06-10-2011, 11:43 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,241,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
Congrats Sunny as i know this has been long coming for you guys

Welcome Home!!!

Thank you so much.

We are so excited to say the least.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:38 AM

17,454 posts, read 38,838,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Thank you so much.

We are so excited to say the least.
Congratulations this is FABULOUS news! Where have you chosen as your landing spot? I am sure you said where before, but my memory escapes me...

Old 06-11-2011, 07:42 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,589,729 times
Huge congrats! I know you've been looking forward to this for a long time!

Old 06-11-2011, 08:20 AM

1,388 posts, read 2,371,655 times
congrats. i've read your posts and know you're anxious to get down here. whereabouts in the state are you going?

Old 06-11-2011, 08:59 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,010,445 times
Great Sunny. Glad you finally have the opportunity!

Old 06-11-2011, 09:59 AM

35,309 posts, read 51,988,114 times
Congratulations, moving is a great adventure. what part of Florida are you moving to?

Old 06-11-2011, 12:15 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,219,214 times
Congratulations Sunny. Dreams do come true. Whereabouts?

Last edited by Ken E; 06-11-2011 at 12:41 PM..

Old 06-11-2011, 05:39 PM

2,727 posts, read 6,130,147 times
Congrats Sunny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida