U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2011, 08:10 PM

3,633 posts, read 8,513,677 times

Advertisements

And what is wrong with an opinion?

Old 06-30-2011, 10:57 PM

97 posts, read 199,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Yeah, but its hard to find honest answers.

It turns more into a ITS GOOD - ITS BAD thread.
I believe it is more so an attempt to see who is the most intelligent, as far as the arguments go. That or to see who breaks first.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:00 PM

97 posts, read 199,574 times
Default opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Nothing at all that I can see. Except for when anyone's opinion is automatically a fact just because they are the one's who believe it. Nearly everyone is correct in the world anymore, no matter even if they get proven wrong right to their face. We all really should just leave that to the women though, lol. That and the act of always having to get the last word in.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:09 PM

4,678 posts, read 8,492,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In Valdosta View Post
Nothing at all that I can see. Except for when anyone's opinion is automatically a fact just because they are the one's who believe it. Nearly everyone is correct in the world anymore, no matter even if they get proven wrong right to their face. We all really should just leave that to the women though, lol. That and the act of always having to get the last word in.
LMAO, EVERYTHING in city-data forums is an opinion..

Old 07-01-2011, 08:47 AM

32 posts, read 42,504 times
Once I get my behind down to the sunshine state, you couldn't PAY me to go back! I've lived in central NY my whole life, but have been visiting FL for approx 17 years. NY is very pretty in areas, with the change of seasons etc. but it's not what I want out of everyday life. I think people move to Florida expecting to feel every single day the same as if they were on a week long vacation. You're going to sit in traffic, you're going to go to work every day, you're going to pay bills... you're going to encounter people you like, and people you could do without. I am hoping/planning to make the move within the next 2 months... and I cannot WAIT to enjoy the simple pleasures Florida has to offer. The sound of the birds, the tropical plants, watching the lizards scatter when you step out onto the sidewalk, fresh produce, watching the wonderful downpours in the afternoon... I guess to each their own! I met a woman at my son's school who said she absolutely hated Florida, won't even vacation there... my brain literally cannot process that combination of words! I just don't understand it! With that being said, if you're going to move there, expect extreme heat, expect heavy traffic, expect a melting pot of different cultures, expect real life responsibilities, expect massive bugs, and be grateful that you are fortunate enough to live in a gorgeous subtropical climate!

Old 07-01-2011, 09:25 AM

3,633 posts, read 8,513,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In Valdosta View Post
The only opinion that is a fact is it is hotter than crap here in the summer!!!

Old 07-01-2011, 09:58 PM

2,359 posts, read 4,479,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by td1026 View Post
So many people on this forum say "I can't wait to go back to NY/NJ/PA/MI/NH/OH to enjoy all the great things they have to offer". What exactly do these places or any others offer that Florida does not? It confuses me. Many people act like these places are safer or cleaner or less of a hell than Florida, some are, but most cities in the NE are hellholes compared to Florida's cities. A girl I knew once told me that NJ's cities are "less ghetto" than Florida's. I almost died laughing! Makes me wonder what rose colored glasses these people are looking through. Your opinions please!
Stuff like this.
Attached Thumbnails
What does Florida lack that makes everyone want to go "home"?-16.jpg   What does Florida lack that makes everyone want to go "home"?-dsc_0263.jpg  

Old 07-01-2011, 10:17 PM

4,678 posts, read 8,492,430 times
FL can never offer things like this...

Old 07-02-2011, 06:03 AM

4,337 posts, read 6,028,522 times
Beautiful pics, TXRyan, just beautiful. My house abuts a natural treed pond (not one of those man-made Florida holes with a fountain) and I will be watching the seasons change from my dining room table.

Old 07-02-2011, 06:32 AM

3,552 posts, read 6,176,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post

Basically the only answer you will find on message boards are someone's opinion unless someone asks for a price or a direction to etc. . That is why you ask questions. To get peoples' opinions and then make your own maybe based on some of the opinions you get. That is the whole nature of message boards. Can you change someone's opinion? .....no time to finish.....have to leave for work......the worst part of living in Florida......still having to work. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or