U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 04:54 PM

591 posts, read 708,627 times

Advertisements

A baseball team that damn win.

haha. I'm a fan btw, but why won't they keep momentum going. The turds.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:30 PM

386 posts, read 860,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
What!!?? Are you telling me that moving Florida doesn't mean that I'll be rich, not have to work and can sit on the beach all day, everyday? Man, my dreams have been crushed.

Its super simple. If you can't be happy where you are, you're not going to be happy here. If you are living paycheck to paycheck where you are now, expect the same here.

Not having money or constantly making bad decisions will follow you, no matter where you live.
Thank you for an excellent post. When we moved to Florida, we connected with friends who had relocated here. Long story short---over a period of time their bad decisions led to multiple problems which resulted in their moving back to the Northeast to live with an with an aging relative (because they "lost" their home). So now Florida is all "sour grapes" for them. Too bad, but it really is a matter of "when you choose the behavior, you choose the consequences." Some people continue to repeatably make bad choices when other alternatives are available. They seem not to learn. Too bad...

Old 08-12-2011, 12:23 AM

205 posts, read 341,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by td1026 View Post
Of course I'm going to defend the truth. I'm sorry you feel that away about Florida. I wish more Floridians had the hometown pride that Texans do. I also have lived in other states as well. I'm guessing by S.A, you mean San Antonio, and if that's where you would rather raise a family, boy, I feel bad. I never met as many kids on drugs as I did in San Antonio! There were at least 5-10 guys who sold drugs in my graduating class, not to mention the kids above and below me. And I went to school in the suburb of Spring Branch, a place most would consider a nice little town. Now Texas, that's a place I would never raise a family, ever, unless of course I wanted my kids to try marijuana, cocaine, magic mushrooms, xanax & painkillers all before 17. Not to mention the drinking
Oh, no pot! if theres pot, then your kids will be a junky,and pot kills. And if your kids try drinking, which I know they will, then they will be total drunks.

While your at it, don't let them watch any sex on the big sceen. You know all sex is dirty. Keep it clean

Well, I'm done here,I hope you sleep good at night with all those guns you have under your bed.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:47 AM

772 posts, read 1,623,108 times
pot smoking, alcohol/beer drinking and heterosexual sex in moderation is ALL GOOD in my book!!!!!!!! but I can't say the same for Marlins! Go PHILS!!!!
Florida Rocks!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
As coolio says "If you can't take the then git out the kitchen!!!"
spoken by one guy who can't wait to git Florida keys!!!!

Old 08-12-2011, 12:03 PM

4,337 posts, read 6,028,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Your posts are a joke and I am sure the majority see through them.
Each time you write this drivel more and more people laugh at you.
Hey Mike, speaker of all people and posters on City-Data... I've had a few guffaws at your posts, my friend. But thanks for taking the temperature of EVERYONE and expressing your inane comments.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:33 AM

126 posts, read 614,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easytim View Post
Oh, no pot! if theres pot, then your kids will be a junky,and pot kills. And if your kids try drinking, which I know they will, then they will be total drunks.

While your at it, don't let them watch any sex on the big sceen. You know all sex is dirty. Keep it clean

Well, I'm done here,I hope you sleep good at night with all those guns you have under your bed.
I don't keep guns under my bed and I'm definitely not as paranoid as you think. Teenagers in San Antonio are WILD! I've never seen anything like it. The kids are crazy and have access to so many bad things. But w/e, and BTW I have nothing against sex on the big screen. I was allowed to watch any kind of movie I wanted since I was 6...lol

Old 08-15-2011, 11:06 AM

205 posts, read 329,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by td1026 View Post
So many people on this forum say "I can't wait to go back to NY/NJ/PA/MI/NH/OH to enjoy all the great things they have to offer". What exactly do these places or any others offer that Florida does not? It confuses me. Many people act like these places are safer or cleaner or less of a hell than Florida, some are, but most cities in the NE are hellholes compared to Florida's cities. A girl I knew once told me that NJ's cities are "less ghetto" than Florida's. I almost died laughing! Makes me wonder what rose colored glasses these people are looking through. Your opinions please!
For me, my parents moved here when I was young so I didn't exactly have a choice in moving here.

The reasons I want to leave are:

I miss having a real "community". I want to know my neighbors again! When I lived up north we all knew each other, had cookouts and helped each other when it was needed. I don't want to hide behind the gates of the 1000 gated communities that are here. I want a real neighborhood/community.

When I have kids I want them to be able to play outside comfortably. The heat here seems to keep all the kids inside with their video games. I want them to learn to sled, ski...etc... have fun through all 4 seasons.

I miss hiking, and other outdoor activities (especially winter ones). The heat & humidity keep me inside most of the time. Also, there aren't exactly any mountains to hike here LOL!

I know that there will be ghettos here and up north...and some things will remain the same... but I'm just generally more attracted to colder weather and the outdoor activities that come with it...and I just really miss having a sense of community.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:51 PM

3,633 posts, read 8,513,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theeclipsedheart View Post
For me, my parents moved here when I was young so I didn't exactly have a choice in moving here.

The reasons I want to leave are:

I miss having a real "community". I want to know my neighbors again! When I lived up north we all knew each other, had cookouts and helped each other when it was needed. I don't want to hide behind the gates of the 1000 gated communities that are here. I want a real neighborhood/community.

When I have kids I want them to be able to play outside comfortably. The heat here seems to keep all the kids inside with their video games. I want them to learn to sled, ski...etc... have fun through all 4 seasons.

I miss hiking, and other outdoor activities (especially winter ones). The heat & humidity keep me inside most of the time. Also, there aren't exactly any mountains to hike here LOL!

I know that there will be ghettos here and up north...and some things will remain the same... but I'm just generally more attracted to colder weather and the outdoor activities that come with it...and I just really miss having a sense of community.
I hear you on the mountain hiking thing. Hiking to me is not walking through the flat woods sweating my arse off. One of the first things I am doing in October when I move back to MA is going on a hike. I even went and bought a new pair of Columbia, insulated, waterproof hikers. We are getting a new pair of mountain bikes. And I will for sure be going cross country skiing!!!

I hate being stuck inside for 7 months or so too.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:12 PM

2,359 posts, read 4,479,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
I hear you on the mountain hiking thing. Hiking to me is not walking through the flat woods sweating my arse off. One of the first things I am doing in October when I move back to MA is going on a hike. I even went and bought a new pair of Columbia, insulated, waterproof hikers. We are getting a new pair of mountain bikes. And I will for sure be going cross country skiing!!!

I hate being stuck inside for 7 months or so too.
It wont be long now. I bet your'e excited. Fall is awesome. Great hiking out around Greylock.

Last edited by Ken E; 08-15-2011 at 06:24 PM..

Old 08-15-2011, 07:43 PM

3,633 posts, read 8,513,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
It wont be long now. I bet your'e excited. Fall is awesome. Great hiking out around Greylock.
51 days Ken..... Only 51 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or