Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 02:43 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,767,798 times

Advertisements

Lets add another!!!! It gets better on the roads every day down here in SWFL.

Woman killed in Golden Gate crash - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

Old 08-28-2011, 02:59 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post

Woman killed in Golden Gate crash - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida
And every time some teens are killed it is a "tragic accident", the news shows the friends crying, fake flowers laid on the side of the road, grief counselors will be on hand, etc.

But no one ever comments why teenagers were out at 2am and driving reckless.

The issue is never addressed. Nor is there any talk of raising the driving the age, limiting the number of passengers in the car(many states allow only passenger if the driver is under 18), or limiting the number of hours a teen can drive.

The one in Sarasota comes to mind. Four teenagers hit a wall doing 100mph and of course were all killed at 5am. Two of the passengers were 15yrs old.

The driver had been stopped and ticketed three times prior for speeding in the last year.

The principal of their school called it "God's will", was God driving the SUV?

Until the mindset down here changes and people learn the difference between a "tragic accident" and stupidity it will continue.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:19 AM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post

Two wrongs don't make a right. This happened not far from where I live. He ran a red light, with two little kids in his car, and the woman (76) was not wearing a seat belt.

Unfortunately, not unusual around here.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:11 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
I went for a walk tonight and I wish I had my phone on me I'd take a picture of my legs absolutely EATEN up.. all red and blotchy with bites. I practically ran home and then I was just sweating profusely on top of being itchy.. God how I wish I was riding out Irene in New England!

We took a walk around our new neighborhood last night around 7 and got home with not a single bite and we were not sweating a bit.

Why did you move from NE to Florida? Did you not know it was hot here and all the bugs in the world are hear just waiting to bite you?

2 months here and not one single family member has had a bite, sting or anything.

And to think I was told my kids would get eaten alive by those 40 pound red ants.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:39 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Dusk and dawn are the most active times for biting insects. It would more than prudent to use a bug repllent when out during those times.

Quote:
I went for a walk tonight and I wish I had my phone on me I'd take a picture of my legs absolutely EATEN up.. all red and blotchy with bites. I practically ran home and then I was just sweating profusely on top of being itchy.. God how I wish I was riding out Irene in New England!

Old 08-29-2011, 01:42 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Right, nobody comments why teens were out at 2am. There is no law against it, its a free country. Who has to justify it?

There is never an answer to "driving reckless". That's simple stupidity which seems to strike teenagers more often than older people.

Check the FL statutes on under 18 drivers. You will find that FL is just like
most other places in that regard.

quote=seain dublin;20646257]And every time some teens are killed it is a "tragic accident", the news shows the friends crying, fake flowers laid on the side of the road, grief counselors will be on hand, etc.

But no one ever comments why teenagers were out at 2am and driving reckless.

The issue is never addressed. Nor is there any talk of raising the driving the age, limiting the number of passengers in the car(many states allow only passenger if the driver is under 18), or limiting the number of hours a teen can drive.

The one in Sarasota comes to mind. Four teenagers hit a wall doing 100mph and of course were all killed at 5am. Two of the passengers were 15yrs old.

The driver had been stopped and ticketed three times prior for speeding in the last year.

The principal of their school called it "God's will", was God driving the SUV?

Until the mindset down here changes and people learn the difference between a "tragic accident" and stupidity it will continue.[/quote]

Old 08-29-2011, 07:13 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,767,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
We took a walk around our new neighborhood last night around 7 and got home with not a single bite and we were not sweating a bit.

Why did you move from NE to Florida? Did you not know it was hot here and all the bugs in the world are hear just waiting to bite you?

2 months here and not one single family member has had a bite, sting or anything.

And to think I was told my kids would get eaten alive by those 40 pound red ants.
You must live in a dome......

Old 08-29-2011, 08:18 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,385,548 times
Quote:
have fun with that.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:30 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,244,680 times
The thing is . mosquito season only lasts a short time up here. Down there they were dropping mosquito pellets out of helicopters and into my pool for months on end. Not sure what it was .It looked like real small pieces of rice.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:02 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,300,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Check the FL statutes on under 18 drivers. You will find that FL is just like most other places in that regard.
But it's never enforced. Ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida