Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2011, 10:21 AM

782 posts, read 1,087,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy2 View Post
I can totally understand why natives or full time Floridians get hacked off at people from the NE. Coming from NH myself, having escaped 30 years of the Peoples' Republic of Massachusetts, it makes absolutely no sense to come to a state bringing the same attitudes and rudeness you are escaping in the first place. Follow the golden rule -- do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Be courteous, respect other people, and appreciate your new state for the reasons you went there in the first place. Why is that so hard? When we start wintering in Englewood, I fully expect to practice what I preach, just like I did in NH.

Bravo well said!!!!! BTW, I like Englewood - Dearborn St. especially.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:23 AM

782 posts, read 1,087,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy2 View Post
I can totally understand why natives or full time Floridians get hacked off at people from the NE. Coming from NH myself, having escaped 30 years of the Peoples' Republic of Massachusetts, it makes absolutely no sense to come to a state bringing the same attitudes and rudeness you are escaping in the first place. Follow the golden rule -- do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Be courteous, respect other people, and appreciate your new state for the reasons you went there in the first place. Why is that so hard? When we start wintering in Englewood, I fully expect to practice what I preach, just like I did in NH.
Oh yeah, I was glad to see the Bruins win the Stanley Cup !!!

Old 06-30-2011, 01:04 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,842,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post

Boo yeah! It's about time they did! Thanks!

Old 06-30-2011, 01:27 PM

97 posts, read 231,212 times
Default teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post
I really do know of one thing that Florida lacks, and Florida will never ever have. That is my old hometown sports teams that I root for. I will forever miss not being able to see them on TV or in person that much. Yes, I know you can pay for MLB.com or NFL ticket, but they can be quite pricy at times. I am originally from MD so my teams that I will miss are of course, the Orioles, Ravens, and I was a huge NCAA basketball fan for my old local teams. I used to go to all the Mount St. Mary's (Division 1, Northeast Conference) games up there. To alleviate my pain maybe I will have to go and see my Ravens play the Jaguars in Jax this year on Oct. 24th. I hope the Jax fans don't beat me up like guy out in LA or wherever at a baseball game. Are the Jax fans that mean? Otherwise my MSM basketball team played Florida A&M and Savannah St. at home last year, maybe they will pay them back by giving them a game down here. Also otherwise, I may have to just make a new home basketball team in FSU, but traveling to Tally would be a little haul to try and see each game anyway. Well, at least I have finally discovered something Florida cannot win me over on, lol.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:04 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In Valdosta View Post
Well, at least I have finally discovered something Florida cannot win me over on, lol.
Why does it have to win you over?

Old 06-30-2011, 02:30 PM

Default confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Why does it have to win you over?
I am a little confused by your question, although I am sure it is probably a self explanatory one. Well, I can just put it this way- I was just contemplating what about Florida would cause me to not want to live there, and that is what I came up with. I love so much of what Florida is about that is hard to figure out what Florida would be undesirable for me. It does not ahve to 'win' me over, it was just a general statement, not meant for any harm. I really don't know what else to tell you. Sorry.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
I am a little confused by your question, although I am sure it is probably a self explanatory one. Well, I can just put it this way- I was just contemplating what about Florida would cause me to not want to live there, and that is what I came up with. I love so much of what Florida is about that is hard to figure out what Florida would be undesirable for me. It does not ahve to 'win' me over, it was just a general statement, not meant for any harm. I really don't know what else to tell you. Sorry.
I suspect you think it was a trick question. I meant it straight up, just like it sounds. It almost seemed like you were being transferred for a job, wasn't wild about moving to Florida, and you were looking for the good. I now realize you meant the opposite. You love Florida and are hard-pressed to find the bad points.

Carry on.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:55 PM

Default cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I suspect you think it was a trick question. I meant it straight up, just like it sounds. It almost seemed like you were being transferred for a job, wasn't wild about moving to Florida, and you were looking for the good. I now realize you meant the opposite. You love Florida and are hard-pressed to find the bad points.

Carry on.
Ok that is cool then. I live so close to Florida (15-20 mins. away) and we go there whenever I get the chance to tour. I am fine, don't worry I am not one of the 'normal' ones in here that lick their chops and get into full blown argument everytime someone differs from me or misunderstands, lol.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Ok that is cool then. I live so close to Florida (15-20 mins. away) and we go there whenever I get the chance to tour. I am fine, don't worry I am not one of the 'normal' ones in here that lick their chops and get into full blown argument everytime someone differs from me or misunderstands, lol.
It wouldn't matter to me if you liked Florida or not. There are good and bad things about every place on earth and everyone's opinion is valid.

I was just curious.

And yes, some of these folks come on here to berate, pick fights, have an ulterior motive, validate their moving or not moving. It's suppose to be a forum with honest answers and a helpful spirit.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:52 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Yeah, but its hard to find honest answers.

It turns more into a ITS GOOD - ITS BAD thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida