Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2011, 07:29 PM

677 posts, read 933,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Ah, so you returned twice after your horrible experience and found other visits more to your liking, obviously because it wasn't summer time. Say what ever you like, but 18 million people can't be wrong. As far as those who wish to return "home", I tell them go for it.

You seem to have a large chip on your shoulder for those who disagree with your opinion or try even to make sense of it. Your point seems to be that Florida is hot in the summer. Nobody will disagree with you on that.

I will go back to verify, but I do believe you quoted my post and therefore I recognized your post as a response to mine.

If you don't want responses to what you post publicaly, try a private message. Otherwise, your posting is public and is subject to response.

No, I am not "stuck" anywhere. I live here because I choose to, not because I have to. I just haven't been anywhere else where I would find the pleasures I have always found living in Florida.

Nobody is ridiculing a poster. I am simply disagreeing with your assessment of Florida. That you find offensive, because apparently there is only one possible opinion and that would be yours.

Yes, this is a Florida forum so you are going to find people who find joy and happiness in Florida and simply enjoy the weather and prefer it to living elsewhere.

Yeah, I've heard all the stories. "I can't sell my house" (try lowering the price to the going market) "My family is here" (take them with you, obviously they need to be rescued), "It's my job, I can't leave". Sure you can. Remember its better where you came from so going back should be a piece of cake, right?

For all those who "would die" to go back north, I wonder why on earth they decided to leave in the first place. Looking for something? Couldn't find it?

Glad you figured me out. Not much to figure out. I respond to what I believe is complete b.s. and incorrect information. I respond with factual information which simply shows that some people blow things way out of proportion to make a point on a subject they no nothing about and in this case it is life in Florida.

Well now, look who's talking. The same poster who comes running to the defense over & over again anytime anyone say's the least negative thing about FL, you are Florida's night in shining armour, we can count on you to come to the state's rescue. Furthermore I didn't address my post to you, it was addressed to SusanInSFL. But I've got news for ya, I'm gonna do me, if I want to reply to a poster on the FL forums I'll do so, just like you do. And if anyone's trolling for responses it's you & if anyone say's something you don't like or agree with you & your gang will be sure to swoop in & do your best to ridicule the poster, ya see I read a lot on here, I don't always comment but I see what's going on & I figured you out a long time ago. Till we meet again (cause I know we will).............bye!
[/quote]

The only "chip" I have is the implication that somehow I'm lying or exaggerating. How can you tell me what I experienced? Answer that. We didn't run out of Key West simply because it was hot, we have hot weather up here as well, we ran out because it was like a oven, inferno, hellish. I can't make it any clearer than that. It only stands to reason that if we were on our honeymoon & took the time & expense to drive from Miami down to KW that we intended on spending time there, not 20 minutes, who would do that? If we were chased out of there then there had to be a reason, that's simple logic. And yes you are correct, there's only 1 opinion that counts......mine.......on my experience. Others posters come on here & express whether they like or dislike FL & their reasons why, who am I to come behind them & tell them they're grossly exaggerating? Everyone just isn't hell bent on FL like you seem to be, just as everyone doesn't like the state of DE, but the difference is unlike yourself..........I DON'T CARE!

Old 10-19-2011, 03:48 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySpice View Post
Somehow folks equate to living up north is like living in Siberia, well it's not, even those who formally lived here share that opinion & they know they're exaggerating.
Quote:
Complaining about the heat is not ridiculous. A portion of my honeymoon was suppose to be in Key West, well that didn't happen. It was mid Sept & when we drove into KW I thought we'd entered into the gates of Hell.
Which would you say is the larger exaggeration?

Edit: Posted my post and then caught your last one.

Quote:
Others posters come on here & express whether they like or dislike FL & their reasons why, who am I to come behind them & tell them they're grossly exaggerating? DON'T CARE!
I guess you only tell people that are talking about the cold weather that they are exaggerating.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:04 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times

"The only "chip" I have is the implication that somehow I'm lying or exaggerating. How can you tell me what I experienced? Answer that. We didn't run out of Key West simply because it was hot, we have hot weather up here as well, we ran out because it was like a oven, inferno, hellish. I can't make it any clearer than that. It only stands to reason that if we were on our honeymoon & took the time & expense to drive from Miami down to KW that we intended on spending time there, not 20 minutes, who would do that? If we were chased out of there then there had to be a reason, that's simple logic. And yes you are correct, there's only 1 opinion that counts......mine.......on my experience. Others posters come on here & express whether they like or dislike FL & their reasons why, who am I to come behind them & tell them they're grossly exaggerating? Everyone just isn't hell bent on FL like you seem to be, just as everyone doesn't like the state of DE, but the difference is unlike yourself..........I DON'T CARE![/quote]

************************************************** *******************************************

Wow, honey, you surely seem inflamed - I think the "heat" is coming from within!

Old 10-19-2011, 07:40 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
Well, thanks for making your perception perfectly clear regardless how overblown it is.

The only "chip" I have is the implication that somehow I'm lying or exaggerating. How can you tell me what I experienced? Answer that. We didn't run out of Key West simply because it was hot, we have hot weather up here as well, we ran out because it was like a oven, inferno, hellish. I can't make it any clearer than that. It only stands to reason that if we were on our honeymoon & took the time & expense to drive from Miami down to KW that we intended on spending time there, not 20 minutes, who would do that? If we were chased out of there then there had to be a reason, that's simple logic. And yes you are correct, there's only 1 opinion that counts......mine.......on my experience. Others posters come on here & express whether they like or dislike FL & their reasons why, who am I to come behind them & tell them they're grossly exaggerating? Everyone just isn't hell bent on FL like you seem to be, just as everyone doesn't like the state of DE, but the difference is unlike yourself..........I DON'T CARE![/quote]

Old 10-19-2011, 07:59 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:

The only "chip" I have is the implication that somehow I'm lying or exaggerating. How can you tell me what I experienced? Answer that. We didn't run out of Key West simply because it was hot, we have hot weather up here as well, we ran out because it was like a oven, inferno, hellish. I can't make it any clearer than that. It only stands to reason that if we were on our honeymoon & took the time & expense to drive from Miami down to KW that we intended on spending time there, not 20 minutes, who would do that? If we were chased out of there then there had to be a reason, that's simple logic. And yes you are correct, there's only 1 opinion that counts......mine.......on my experience. Others posters come on here & express whether they like or dislike FL & their reasons why, who am I to come behind them & tell them they're grossly exaggerating? Everyone just isn't hell bent on FL like you seem to be, just as everyone doesn't like the state of DE, but the difference is unlike yourself..........I DON'T CARE!

Amazing. And yet countless people fly into tropical locales and islands a lot hotter and closer to the equator every year.

In fact, countless millions live in climates far hotter than anything Florida can dish out. Miraculously, they survive.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:09 AM

378 posts, read 829,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by td1026 View Post
So many people on this forum say "I can't wait to go back to NY/NJ/PA/MI/NH/OH to enjoy all the great things they have to offer". What exactly do these places or any others offer that Florida does not? It confuses me. Many people act like these places are safer or cleaner or less of a hell than Florida, some are, but most cities in the NE are hellholes compared to Florida's cities. A girl I knew once told me that NJ's cities are "less ghetto" than Florida's. I almost died laughing! Makes me wonder what rose colored glasses these people are looking through. Your opinions please!
Florida lacks dwarf tossing.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySpice
Somehow folks equate to living up north is like living in Siberia, well it's not, even those who formally lived here share that opinion & they know they're exaggerating.

Quote:
Complaining about the heat is not ridiculous. A portion of my honeymoon was suppose to be in Key West, well that didn't happen. It was mid Sept & when we drove into KW I thought we'd entered into the gates of Hell.

Which would you say is the larger exaggeration?

Edit: Posted my post and then caught your last one.

Quote:
Others posters come on here & express whether they like or dislike FL & their reasons why, who am I to come behind them & tell them they're grossly exaggerating? DON'T CARE!

Quote: Mike1306
"I guess you only tell people that are talking about the cold weather that they are exaggerating."

Awww here we go, crew member #2, you've been expected as sure as the sun shines in FL.

I was making a comparrison in case you couldn't figure that out by yourself, Siberia vs the northern states particularly the northeastern states, & Key West felt like we had entered into the gates of hell. Don't people usually make references or comparrisons to give posters a mental vision of what they're speaking of? Since you're part of the research crew show me where I told any particular poster they're lying or grossly exaggerating? Ya see when you confront a poster with statements like that it makes it personal.

Soooooo.......let me see if I've got this straight. If I speak positively of every aspect of FL then I get patted on the back from your clan, but if I show any signs of discontent based upon my own experience then I get slapped around on this forum, is that the deal? Cause if it is............then you've got the right one baby! Now take it anyway you wanna.

NEXT!

Old 10-19-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Amazing. And yet countless people fly into tropical locales and islands a lot hotter and closer to the equator every year.

In fact, countless millions live in climates far hotter than anything Florida can dish out. Miraculously, they survive.
Who said anything about survival? I survived, I'm here talking to ya now right? I spoke of my experience, why is that so hard to get it thru your heads or what part of that don't you understand?

Old 10-19-2011, 08:52 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
You come to a forum that is about Florida, a place where full time Floridians come to regularly, you make wild assumptions and exaggerate the situation and then expect nobody to come by and say they disagree with you?

I am sure if I went to the Delaware forum and said "Delaware is a hell hole"
I would get some responses that do not favor my opinion.

The "Clan" you refer to here are people who live here full time, have lived here full time for a while and know what they are talking about and we provide factual information to refute the claims of visitors and non-residents as well as those malcontents who live here and still see a different picture than most of us.

I read a posting from a user here that "there are no trees in Florida".
Now isn't that the most ridiculous thing you ever heard? Someone had to point out the fact that the Ocala National Forest is here along with other
huge state and federal forests.

So, if someone posts something along the lines of "we were at the gates of hell", someone is most likely going to advise you exactly what the temperatures are like at certain times of the year so that other readers
can have the full story and be able to make conclusions as to what may be correct and what may be nonsense.

I for one, would not want the world to think that Key West, or any where in Fl for that matter, is this horrible place of extremes that some tend to
state it is.

Quote:
Quote:

Soooooo.......let me see if I've got this straight. If I speak positively of every aspect of FL then I get patted on the back from your clan, but if I show any signs of discontent based upon my own experience then I get slapped around on this forum, is that the deal? Cause if it is............then you've got the right one baby! Now take it anyway you wanna.

NEXT!

Old 10-19-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
"The only "chip" I have is the implication that somehow I'm lying or exaggerating. How can you tell me what I experienced? Answer that. We didn't run out of Key West simply because it was hot, we have hot weather up here as well, we ran out because it was like a oven, inferno, hellish. I can't make it any clearer than that. It only stands to reason that if we were on our honeymoon & took the time & expense to drive from Miami down to KW that we intended on spending time there, not 20 minutes, who would do that? If we were chased out of there then there had to be a reason, that's simple logic. And yes you are correct, there's only 1 opinion that counts......mine.......on my experience. Others posters come on here & express whether they like or dislike FL & their reasons why, who am I to come behind them & tell them they're grossly exaggerating? Everyone just isn't hell bent on FL like you seem to be, just as everyone doesn't like the state of DE, but the difference is unlike yourself..........I DON'T CARE!
************************************************** *******************************************

Wow, honey, you surely seem inflamed - I think the "heat" is coming from within! [/quote]

LOL, no not really darling, been down this road before on this forum, other forums as well. I've been branded as a basher or naysayer because of my intolerance of oppressive heat & humidity that FL is so famous for, somehow the positive experience that I spoke of on another thread (might've been this one, who knows cause this thread is so darn long) re my trip to FL has been overlooked (intentionally maybe?), but as soon as I mention the climate that I experienced all hell breaks loose. But hey, that's seems to be the "climate" on this board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida