U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-20-2011, 07:18 AM

15 posts, read 15,185 times
Default Opinions from families who moved from the North to florida please...

We are in our late 30's and we have 2 young boys (ages 1 and 2)...i want to hear from those that have made the move from the north east ( we are from south jersey)...which coast did you go east or west? school system? beaches? surrounding areas? parks and things for kids? basically, where would you recommend a family to go, i know this is totally opinionated but thats all i am looking for. I will be visiting many areas myself in the next few months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 08:13 AM

11,482 posts, read 10,644,264 times
The east coast tends to attract many more people from the Northeast US than the west coast which appeals more to Midwest transplants seemingly. If you're looking for a good safe place to raise a family with excellent public schools, that's well populated by other young families with nice housing, near beaches and things to do, I'd recommend:

Nocatee Home - Nocatee

Julington Creek Plantation Julington Creek (http://www.julingtoncreek.com/index.htm - broken link)

Viera Viera

Old 06-20-2011, 08:20 AM

7,147 posts, read 11,516,444 times
We are from NY and NJ Central NJ and we took a pitstop in NC for 2 yrs before Moving here, We live in Boca Raton Palm Beach County East Coast as we have visited both coasts for a long time and we love the East Coast...We are very happy with our Schools, Location and Proximity to Miami we cruise so its nice for us to live near a port..We also dine out and love going to Miami Beach, ft Lauderdale, Delray Beach etc...I cant explain it but it just felt right for us...We were going to be build a home 11 yrs ago in wellington but life happened..lol and we wound up staying in NJ for the remainng 10 yrs or so...With that being said, We met alot of nice People..You Can Check with Palm beach county school district accountability report....For Elem School Look at Del Prado, they also have an excellent Gifted Program as well...If your more interested in looking into Broward county I would check out Parkland and Cooper city..we looked in Weston and have friends in Weston it just wasn't our cup of tea...

Good Luck..My best advice would be to take a look at both coasts and make a trip and see what and where you are most comfortable..

Old 06-23-2011, 08:58 AM

1,392 posts, read 709,512 times
absolutely take a trip to both coasts before you decide. the west coast is, imo, much more laid back and relaxed than the east.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:00 PM

7,147 posts, read 11,516,444 times
Yes user is right we spent alot of time in St Pete and Clearwater many years ago as my aunt and uncle lived there for 15 yrs..before moving to East Coast of Florida...so we spent time on both coasts...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida