Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 10:09 AM

144 posts, read 419,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
Like I said, good lifestyle choices...how else am I going to get HIV, by injecting heroin? since thats something we all do...it sounds like you are just disagreeing because you feel like disagreeing without putting much thought into why you are...
I think he was basically challenging the part where you said making "good lifestyle choices" in that IF you are a married woman (wife) and don't know that your husband is bi-"curious" you have a concern. Most married people esp women believe that having sex with their husband is being safe.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:30 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,191,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki75 View Post
I think he was basically challenging the part where you said making "good lifestyle choices" in that IF you are a married woman (wife) and don't know that your husband is bi-"curious" you have a concern. Most married people esp women believe that having sex with their husband is being safe.
And vis-a-versa

Old 08-09-2007, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
I feel my chances of contracting aids is like zero and I live in a very gay neighborhood. You are not getting AIDs unless you put yourself at risk or as in the case of a careless partner putting you at risk. Blood transfusions have also been a (very low) risk factor. The last thing I am worried about is aids. Not to say it couldn't mutate into something that may be spread by mosquitoes.
I was watching an episode of BET's Soul Food sitcom where one of the husband's brother had HIV. It was the husband's birthday and the wife had invited a lot of people including her best friend who she introduced to her husband's brother (before finding out about his condition).

As the show went on the brother with HIV confided to his brother and the brother/husband to his wife. The wife comes home late one night to find the brother in her living room pretty much "clothes grinding" the best friend who had on a loosely flowing skirt. They jump and stopped for a minute and it was awkward for a second and the wife went upstairs to her bedroom to wake up her husband to tell what was going on.

The husband came down and intially was speaking in code but in alarm about what the he!! was going on. He told his brother "You don't value anyone else's life but your own!" and the brother plays dumb saying "I don't get what you're say, you're going to have to (break it down) for me.". The husband then says "You have HIV!" and the best friend just gasps with her hands on her mouth and is totally upset and she says to the brother "You were kissing me all in my mouth" and to the wife. "You b****, I blame you for introducing me to him." and she storms by towards the door as the wife says, "I didn't know about it then".

Well the brother tells the husband that he was way out of line for what he did and the husband tells him that "People want to know things like that before they get involved" and that he considers himself having done the right thing. The brother gathers his things and leaves their house with the promise to come back for the rest of his things. Well later in the show the brother tells the wife that he wouldn't knowingly give someone HIV esp not her best friend. I for one do not buy that (though it's tv) because he was already missing his ex-wife who divorced him after he gave her HIV. He also gave two other ladies HIV (again all tv).

I really believe that no one who is sexually active is pardoned and if your mate is faithful then consider yourself one of the lucky ones. I agree that the higher the concentration in an area the higher the risk. You can not trust spoused these days so KNOW that you can trust random people you sleep with and that's for those who have sex without asking for the papers first.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:43 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,191,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki75 View Post
I was watching an episode of BET's Soul Food sitcom where one of the husband's brother had HIV. It was the husband's birthday and the wife had invited a lot of people including her best friend who she introduced to her husband's brother (before finding out about his condition).

As the show went on the brother with HIV confided to his brother and the brother/husband to his wife. The wife comes home late one night to find the brother in her living room pretty much "clothes grinding" the best friend who had on a loosely flowing skirt. They jump and stopped for a minute and it was awkward for a second and the wife went upstairs to her bedroom to wake up her husband to tell what was going on.

The husband came down and intially was speaking in code but in alarm about what the he!! was going on. He told his brother "You don't value anyone else's life but your own!" and the brother plays dumb saying "I don't get what you're say, you're going to have to (break it down) for me.". The husband then says "You have HIV!" and the best friend just gasps with her hands on her mouth and is totally upset and she says to the brother "You were kissing me all in my mouth" and to the wife. "You b****, I blame you for introducing me to him." and she storms by towards the door as the wife says, "I didn't know about it then".

Well the brother tells the husband that he was way out of line for what he did and the husband tells him that "People want to know things like that before they get involved" and that he considers himself having done the right thing. The brother gathers his things and leaves their house with the promise to come back for the rest of his things. Well later in the show the brother tells the wife that he wouldn't knowingly give someone HIV esp not her best friend. I for one do not buy that (though it's tv) because he was already missing his ex-wife who divorced him after he gave her HIV. He also gave two other ladies HIV (again all tv).

I really believe that no one who is sexually active is pardoned and if your mate is faithful then consider yourself one of the lucky ones. I agree that the higher the concentration in an area the higher the risk. You can not trust spoused these days so KNOW that you can trust random people you sleep with and that's for those who have sex without asking for the papers first.
I have been married of 26 years. I could not even imagine being single now a days. I would have to be a monk or something.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:13 AM

It's definitely scary. So, I feel you.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:23 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,442 times
All this talk about HIV and bi-curious husbands and "if you're not gay and make healthy lifestyle choices".

1. Straight men can and do catch HIV from women.
2. Just being gay does not put you at higher risk for catching HIV
3. You can't catch HIV from kissing (there is a hypothetical risk from deep kissing if you have bleeding gums or whatever, but it's never been shown to have happened)
4. Not moving to an area because it has a high percentage of HIV positive people makes me sick. If you are sexually active, whether gay, str8, bi, or whatever any one could have HIV and being unsafe in Flagstaff-freakin'-Arizona is still unsafe as it is in Miami or Kuala Lumpur or Sidney.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorytampa View Post
All this talk about HIV and bi-curious husbands and "if you're not gay and make healthy lifestyle choices".

1. Straight men can and do catch HIV from women.
2. Just being gay does not put you at higher risk for catching HIV
3. You can't catch HIV from kissing (there is a hypothetical risk from deep kissing if you have bleeding gums or whatever, but it's never been shown to have happened)
4. Not moving to an area because it has a high percentage of HIV positive people makes me sick. If you are sexually active, whether gay, str8, bi, or whatever any one could have HIV and being unsafe in Flagstaff-freakin'-Arizona is still unsafe as it is in Miami or Kuala Lumpur or Sidney.
Too bad we can't test that theory. I bet any amount of money that if you did a study of 5 men and 5 women (non-HIV postive) in each of those places going out and choosing ONE random person to have sex with that in the higher concentration places the results would come back with more positive tests than the in the place with the lower rates.

You have to know that in every city random sex is still being had but the new cases are only rising rapidly in certain places. It's not our fault that those places are like Sodom & Gomorrah with people who don't care enough to ask for the paper AND strap up or require strapping up.

You might be right about not catching HIV from kissing but I think I would prefer knowing if someone has the virus vs. trusting that they mean me know harm my kissing and grinding me through my clothes.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:17 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,683 times
Now a days to even date you need some nursing skills to ask for a blood sample !!!

Maybe we should put a special tatoo the foreheads of those who have aids so we will know who they are.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:57 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,442 times
LOL, Floridabound. BTW, I've dated two guys who were positive. We kissed, we slept in the same bed..heck we even did "stuff". Education is the best defense against HIV.

Nikkie75, my point was that whether you live in an area with high percent HIV or low, it's plain dumb and irresponsible to have unprotected sex. Therefore, that should not consider into one's decision on where to live. You should be safe, everytime with everyone. HIV is spread now primarily through "one-time screw ups" or "I thought I was safe".

Old 08-11-2007, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorytampa View Post

Nikkie75, my point was that whether you live in an area with high percent HIV or low, it's plain dumb and irresponsible to have unprotected sex. Therefore, that should not consider into one's decision on where to live. You should be safe, everytime with everyone. HIV is spread now primarily through "one-time screw ups" or "I thought I was safe".
I agree with all of that. But I still would want to be told if someone has the virus first. Which is probably rare or wishful thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida