U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2011, 08:19 AM

610 posts, read 2,749,682 times

Advertisements

I have a friend that resides in Key West ask me if I wanted to move down there and stay in his apartment.

I am currently unemployed and living with family members but I need a change of scenery.

I am currently in final stages of the hiring process with two federal gov't agencies. They are conducting my background investigation right now. If everyone goes ok, I should be hired within the next six months.

For those of you that live in KW or have resided there, what is your opinion about the place? What is the job market like there? I know there aren't many high paying jobs and everything revolves around services. Is it easy to get a service job such as a waiter, car washer, etc.

Also, what is the dating scene like in Key West? Are there a lot of single women there?

If I do move down there, I would only stay there for less than six months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 01:58 AM

34,241 posts, read 41,253,416 times
KW is small and expensive,very few jobs,most people you'll meet there are just there for vacation.

Old 11-18-2011, 12:36 PM

37 posts, read 85,118 times
Very expensive, job market not that great, alot of singles negative. We are a very open gay community.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:42 PM

2,490 posts, read 3,734,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heeha View Post
I have a friend that resides in Key West ask me if I wanted to move down there and stay in his apartment.

I am currently unemployed and living with family members but I need a change of scenery.
I am currently in final stages of the hiring process with two federal gov't agencies. They are conducting my background investigation right now. If everyone goes ok, I should be hired within the next six months.

For those of you that live in KW or have resided there, what is your opinion about the place? What is the job market like there? I know there aren't many high paying jobs and everything revolves around services. Is it easy to get a service job such as a waiter, car washer, etc.
I was born and raised here and still do live here. There isn't much here. It's small, therefore we have no malls, or a lot of the shops and chain restaurants that other places have unfortunately. Compared to other places, we're lacking in medical services so many people have to travel to Miami. We're also all built out, so everything is all established.

I'm 18 but do plan on moving away once I complete my two years of community college. We don't have all the opportunities here that other places have. In addition, the cost of living is lower and jobs are better elsewhere. Plus, I'm not a partying person so I really don't care for the wild partying atmosphere the city government tries to present.

Also, what is the dating scene like in Key West? Are there a lot of single women there?
-There's a lot of unmarried people here. We have the second highest percentage of divorced people in the entire country. Not good. But I don't know what the dating scene is like. I'm not really a "bar hopper". There's a lot of tourists that come down here and many of them are young college people.

If I do move down there, I would only stay there for less than six months.
Answers are in bold. ^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida